Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury in Training Camp

vCash

Injury in Training Camp

Hopefully this is our tokken injury in training.

Looks like Landon Guidry busted up his knee & is out for the year.

https://twitter.com/guidry_rg7/statu...71044701487104

vCash
    Looks like Abram may miss a few games as well with a knee issue

vCash
    Robbie on 24/7 is claiming Abram will miss some games due to a meniscus injury SMMFH

Banned
    vCash
    So we signed all those JUCOS and except for Sweat we will get impacts from basically none of them until later in the year if at all.

And we will have 71 healthy players (max) available against Charleston Southern. The roster management by our staff has left a hell of a lot to be desired over the past 2 recruiting classes. I hope the 2018 class remedies that situation to stop the bleeding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    So we signed all those JUCOS and except for Sweat we will get impacts from basically none of them until later in the year if at all.

And we will have 71 healthy players (max) available against Charleston Southern. The roster management by our staff has left a hell of a lot to be desired over the past 2 recruiting classes. I hope the 2018 class remedies that situation to stop the bleeding.
    Rivers?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Rivers?
    Last I heard he was in the same boat as Cole. But I don't know that has been confirmed as final.

vCash

You blaming the staff for an injury in camp?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    a few? try again.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    You blaming the staff for an injury in camp?
    Not for the injury. Of course not. Even with no injuries we were in a terrible spot. Now its even worse.

Add Rivers, Cole, Abram, Richardson, Eliss, and Guidry back into the equation and that's still only around 76-77 guys. 8 or 9 under the 85 limit. Piss poor roster management. Its not just numbers either, its also the distribution. We have a total of 2 QB's with one being a true freshmen, and like 17 tight ends. Plus no depth at WR, OL, and now safety as well.

vCash
    Last I heard he was in the same boat as Cole. But I don't know that has been confirmed as final.
    When is that supposed to come out? Getting a little late.

Banned
    vCash
    If abram is going to miss more than 3 games I'd redshirt him.

Banned
    vCash
    Landon was likely going to be redshirted anyway. Hopefully he will come back stronger than ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    If abram is going to miss more than 3 games I'd redshirt him.
    I don't agree with that.

If misses the entire run of LSU, Auburn, UGA, I'd redshirt him.

vCash
    Well ouch - hate if for Landry as word was among the group of freshmen that was impressing the veterans.

vCash
    Every team suffers through roster problems. Injuries will occur . Please, stop with the Woe is Po Ole MSU.

vCash
    Unless I missed something, the latest solid info was that he MIGHT be in the same boat as Cole, but the staff was optimistic he would be able to play. Supposed to know for sure sometime this week.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Every team suffers through roster problems. Injuries will occur . Please, stop with the Woe is Po Ole MSU.
    You can't objectively say that having only 71 players available after just a small handful of injuries is a normal scenario. That is only 6 over the max limit for an FCS roster. I think our coaches appear to be correcting the imbalance through this current signing class. But saying our situation is normal just ain't true. The injuries aren't the problem. In fact, it is the sheer inevitability of injuries occurring that necessitates having a full roster to the greatest extent possible. Our coaches failed at that 2nd part.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 08-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    If you've been reading this board or the pack for more than a month you should know that it's a requirement for folks to melt down about SOMETHING every year. Bonus points are awarded when the meltdown happens before the first game is even played. Extra points are also awarded when blaming Mullen or Hevesy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    If you've been reading this board or the pack for more than a month you should know that it's a requirement for folks to melt down about SOMETHING every year. Bonus points are awarded when the meltdown happens before the first game is even played. Extra points are also awarded when blaming Mullen or Hevesy.
    Post of the year candidate!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to QuadrupleOption again.

vCash
    You can't objectively say that having only 71 players available after just a small handful of injuries is a normal scenario. That is only 6 over the max limit for an FCS roster. I think our coaches appear to be correcting the imbalance through this current signing class. But saying our situation is normal just ain't true. The injuries aren't the problem. In fact, it is the sheer inevitability of injuries occurring that necessitates having a full roster to the greatest extent possible. Our coaches failed at that 2nd part.
    Maybe they were waiting until we could actually recruit worth a flip before going with full classes.***

No use of having a roster full of players that we will later need to "process" ( I hate that term. Call it what it is: kicking a guy off the team and usually out of your school).
    Death penalty or bust!!!***