Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratton another Quality Start for Giants

Banned
    vCash

Stratton another Quality Start for Giants

6 ip 0 earned runs. That makes back to back starts no runs. Giants probably just penciled him into their rotation for 2018.

vCash
    I wanna believe, but it's hard for me to see he's gone from AAA numbers to great MLB starter.

'17 AAA...
    79.1 ip 94 h 45 er 22 bb 71 k
    Era = 5.11
    Whip = 1.46
    BAA = .290

Hopefully he surprises me

Banned
    vCash
    Giants don't care about his AAA stats. He's been their 2nd best pitcher lately and Matt Cain, who got moved outta the rotation, has been much better outta the bullpen. Stratton is adding a glimmer of hope for Giants after a disaster season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Giants don't care about his AAA stats. He's been their 2nd best pitcher lately and Matt Cain, who got moved outta the rotation, has been much better outta the bullpen. Stratton is adding a glimmer of hope for Giants after a disaster season.
    Lately? You call 12 innings "lately". I'm rooting for Chris but 12 IP does not make a rotation for next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wanna believe, but it's hard for me to see he's gone from AAA numbers to great MLB starter.

'17 AAA...
    Era = 5.11
    Whip = 1.46
    BAA = .290

Never base ones major league potential on how well they pitch in the pcl. It's a hitters paradise. Stats are inflated for hitters and vice versa. I'm certainly not calling him the next Koufax but still.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Lately? You call 12 innings "lately". I'm rooting for Chris but 12 IP does not make a rotation for next year.
    You haven't been paying attention to how awful the Giants season has been. They won't sign Cueto this offseason either. Stratton is pretty much a lock for the rotation next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Never base ones major league potential on how well they pitch in the pcl. It's a hitters paradise. Stats are inflated for hitters and vice versa. I'm certainly not calling him the next Koufax but still.
    This. I lived in Phoenix for 7 years back in the 70's when the Giants AAA farm club was there and in that hot, thin air the ball traveled extremely well, just like the other PCL parks.

vCash
    You haven't been paying attention to how awful the Giants season has been. They won't sign Cueto this offseason either. Stratton is pretty much a lock for the rotation next year.
    You completely missed my point. The SFGs will choose their rotation on much more than just 12 IP but Stratton. Those 2 starts help, for sure, but the Giants will be looking at many different things than just those 12 IP.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    You completely missed my point. The SFGs will choose their rotation on much more than just 12 IP but Stratton. Those 2 starts help, for sure, but the Giants will be looking at many different things than just those 12 IP.
    Of course they will and I was making slight of their shitty season some. You don't always need asterisks to pick out jokes.

Banned
    vCash
    Stratton looking nasty today, 9 k's thru 5, 1 run. His curveball is filthy!

vCash
    Stratton looking nasty today, 9 k's thru 5, 1 run. His curveball is filthy!
    Outstanding. Really nice to see him striking guys out again

Banned
    vCash
    Outstanding. Really nice to see him striking guys out again
    Boche comes out to the mound with 2 outs in 6th (104 pitches) like he's about to pull Strat but then gives him a pep talk and lets him get the quality start. 6 ip 2 er 10 ks. 3 quality starts in a row! I have never seen Boche do that ever. When he comes out 99.99% of the time he is pulling the pitcher.

vCash
    Stratton has nasty stuff. He just need the reps and he's gonna be fine.

vCash
    I haven't seen him pitch an inning this year but I recall while he was at state he always had great stuff but it seemed every mistake he made was up and got hit a mile. Then Suddenly everything clicked and he was lights out. I've always kinda assumed that's what was occurring with him in pro ball.

vCash

'17 AAA...
    Era = 5.11
    Whip = 1.46
    BAA = .290

I repeat, do NOT look at pcl numbers to identity major league success. High altitude is a killer for pitchers that rely on any sort of breaking ball. I.e. Stratton

vCash
    I repeat, do NOT look at pcl numbers to identity major league success. High altitude is a killer for pitchers that rely on any sort of breaking ball. I.e. Stratton
    Even in AA, he threw 73.0 ip and K'd 58. He's certainly pitching well now, but I find it hard to believe he can sustain his K rate as a starter.

vCash
    Another 10 K's in just 6 IP and only gave up 2. Sorry Giants got shut out, so no shame in his performance. Again, very promising outing for Chris. Meanwhile, its adios time for Matt Cain.

vCash
    Even in AA, he threw 73.0 ip and K'd 58. He's certainly pitching well now, but I find it hard to believe he can sustain his K rate as a starter.
    And he was in AA when?? He won't sustain that i Tate. He just needs to be an inning eater and out getter.

vCash
    And he was in AA when?? He won't sustain that i Tate. He just needs to be an inning eater and out getter.
    '15

If k rate does go down, bb rate better too. 20 walks in 37.1 ip (4.8 bb/9).
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-27-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I haven't seen him pitch an inning this year but I recall while he was at state he always had great stuff but it seemed every mistake he made was up and got hit a mile. Then Suddenly everything clicked and he was lights out. I've always kinda assumed that's what was occurring with him in pro ball.
    It's his breaking ball. It has become really nasty with a ton of break and it's making his fastball much more effective because they can not hit the curve at all. That's why his walks are high.