Thread: Chicago Trip

vCash

Chicago Trip

Me and my wife are going to Chicago for a week. We are going to 4 Chicago Cubs games and taking a tour of it as well. Right now our plans include Wrigleyville, Navy Pier, Chicago Sports Museum, the bean, and a boat tour of the city. Just looking for recommendations on things to do and other general stuff. I have some family around that area so I've been asking them what areas to avoid and all that. Also, wondering about transportation I think we are probably leaning more toward using Uber or Lyft instead of the L.

vCash
    We used the L but uber wasn't around last time I went. I'd maybe combo both. Long trips, the L. Hooping spot to spot, uber.

I don't know if Jordan still has his restaurant there, but it was really good. I think it was blue 23 or something like that? We are there and hit up the house of blues. Both great experiences. Wrigley is the best thing to do IMO. Just hanging out in Wrigleyville is worth the trip alone. Have to do Sears tower too.

vCash
    I recommend you check out the Chicago Magic Lounge if you are the least bit interested in my unusual profession. PM me if you are interested and I can give you a direct contact and a name to drop.

vCash
    Uber didn't work for us but we stayed in Rosemont, so it was a long drive. Did get to see a guy tased in a sketchy hood though. Navy Pier is a tourist trap and Wrigleyville is so crowded you can't move. Go get drunk in the bars around Wrigley, that area is the best thing in Chicago but there's a lot of construction going on.
    Keep the wife away from the magnificent mile! Get ready to spend a fortune.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    I hear the south side is lovely this time of year.