Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
Haven't posted this yet but I met a recruit this summer (good recruit that was invited to Big Dawg camp...Steve mentioned this player in a couple of his recruiting updates). Anyway I asked him what coaches he met, how did he like it, etc. Mullen? "Yes, he's nice." Baker, "yeah, I like him a lot." Then he said one other guy, "big white guy that's a coach." I said Hevesy? "Yeah, that it." Was he nice? "No!! He tore into us deep." His words - he tore into us deep...and this guy doesn't even play oline.

That's not a practice, that's a camp for prospects. Hevesy can't help himself, literally. There's a reason players don't want to deal with him...nobody does. He should be told to avoid anything where a recruit will be. Not his school, not a camp, nothing. Tell him when practice starts and ends and tell him not to show his face anywhere else. Let Looney recruit lineman. It's beyond ridiculous. I think he can coach lineman, but as we all know that doesn't mean much when you can't bring in anyone.
Someone explain why this is acceptable to Mullen. I've heard enough of these stories to start believing them .