Thread: Golf carts

vCash

Golf carts

Any new info on carts being able to be used on game day?

vCash
    I spoke to the Bulldog club last week.....they are telling people carts will have to street legal (tagged and insured) which is no surprise - we are well aware of.........It will interesting how they will police this....

They also said you won't be able to drive a cart on to campus that does not have a parking sticker..... BC is issuing stickers for use on golf carts (in exchange for a standard parking pass). So, if you happen to have a golf cart and have a parking pass, you have decide before the season begins what you want to do.....???

Surely (I am thinking) that I will be able to take my golf cart to the game using my regular parking pass (to get into the lot)........surely. It's no big deal to me either way. I enjoy my cart year around in Starkville regardless.....
    Last edited by Harrydawg; 08-20-2017 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Pretty much you can have a golf cart on campus if it's street legal, has a tag and has insurance. But you can only park that cart with a bulldog club parking pass. Also, the golf cart has to behave like a car. No hopping curbs or going around barricades.

vCash
    Problem is you can't get a tag in MS for a golf cart. School says it has to be tagged and MS does not issue tags. Catch 22 no tag no permit.
    Does any one have any idea's I've tried Hinds and Madison counties no tag.

vCash
    Can no longer park at the stadium.

vCash
    I went down this rabbit hole last friday because I have a GEM electric neighborhood cart but have never titled it. I talked to the MHP and a friend at the local county Tax collectors office and this is what I learned. In the past you could add all the safety equipment to a golf cart, have it inspected by the MHP, and get a certificate that would allow you to get a title and tag that would allow its use on low speed roads. This changed when the state did away with inspection stickers, the MHP will no longer inspect any vehicles for certification. Now you need a Manufactures Certificate of Origin, you can take this to the county tax collector and get a title and tag. By getting a tag, you are responsible to comply with all safety requirements and are subject to traffic and vehicle laws and can be charged with failure to comply if you are stopped by the Man. No " golf cart" can be titled or tagged but you can buy new cart that comply with all requirements and they will come with proper documentation to be titled and tagged. There is nothing you can do to an existing cart to make it legal. A friend lives in the same neighborhood as the campus Police chief and he said that they would tow and impound any illegal carts, there would be strict enforcement starting with the first game. Take this info for what it is, just relaying what I was told.