Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints

vCash

Saints

Kamara, Ramczyk, and Williams were HR draft picks. I think this team is a playoff team this year

vCash
    Offense I'm not worried about. What makes you think we can stop anybody all of a sudden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    Offense I'm not worried about. What makes you think we can stop anybody all of a sudden?
    I really like the upgrade at lb coach (mike Nolan). Marcus Williams (rookie ball hawking safety) and lattimore (top cb in last year's draft) will help sure up the secondary. Okafor will help out with pressuring the qb. Rankins will be good this year. If fairley hadn't retired, I'd be pretty wooly about the defense. As is though, I don't expect the defense to be particularly good, but I do expect it to better and to force more TOs. This should be good enough with the offense we have

vCash
    Is the ND catfish on the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Is the ND catfish on the team?
    Yep. We seem to like him too

vCash
    I've never liked Manti Te'o, maybe because of the weird fake GF thing in college, but he's all over the place tonight.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Kamara, Ramczyk, and Williams were HR draft picks. I think this team is a playoff team this year
    Don't take this the wrong way. I'm a lifelong "Randall Cunningham playoff game killer" Saints fan from birth. One seen the Fridge and Cajun Cannon garner hype as well. I'm not sold on this offense with Drew Brees' arm diminishing. The last 3 seasons has seen his zip drop off. His long ball as well. Unless our run game really steps up, I do not see this offense with Brees being able to win more than 8 games. As much as I want my lifelong team to do well, I don't wear the blinders and can see the deficiencies.

Given if the defense improves dramatically, I can see this being a Flacco (Baltimore) or Dilfer (Tampa Bay) team that wins. I just think the window of Brees carrying the defense are long gone. Especially with Brandin Cooks let go.

Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I've been posting about Brees' arm for about 2-3 year now. It's not there anymore.

vCash
    Brees' arm isn't what it once was... there's no doubt. Still though, last season the saints were #1 in total yards, #1 in passing yards, and #2 in scoring. I think brees' arm is still good enough to make the saints a top 5 offense. Thomas is about to be one of the best WRs in the game. Ginn is no cooks, but he's an excellent deep threat that teams have to account for. Kamara, AD, and ramczyk are really gonna bolster the running game. Kamara will also help offset the loss of cooks in the passing game... I love kamara if you can't tell already.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Brees' arm isn't what it once was... there's no doubt. Still though, last season the saints were #1 in total yards, #1 in passing yards, and #2 in scoring. I think brees' arm is still good enough to make the saints a top 5 offense. Thomas is about to be one of the best WRs in the game. Ginn is no cooks, but he's an excellent deep threat that teams have to account for. Kamara, AD, and ramczyk are really gonna bolster the running game. Kamara will also help offset the loss of cooks in the passing game... I love kamara if you can't tell already.
    I'm just not seeing it and I can see the super dome from my porch. Maybe they'll surprise, but 8-8 will be a tall task for this bunch. Too many unanswered questions left from last year's team.

vCash
    8-8..... you can't judge anything by preseason games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    8-8..... you can't judge anything by preseason games
    I'm not. Judging more on practice reports. Brees, AD, and Ingram haven't played a snap this preseason.

Not like I predicted NFC champs... I said playoff team, which I do expect at 9-7, maybe 10-6

vCash
    If the Saints want to make the playoffs, they can't be a little better on defense. They need to be a lot better on defense, unless they get lucky and make it as an 8-8 or 7-9 type team.

vCash
    I'm not. Judging more on practice reports. Brees, AD, and Ingram haven't played a snap this preseason.

Not like I predicted NFC champs... I said playoff team, which I do expect at 9-7, maybe 10-6
    At what point in the year will you start calling for Payton to be fired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    At what point in the year will you start calling for Payton to be fired?
    When (if) they're eliminated from playoff contention barring mass injuries or brees injury

BTW, braves now 10-22 since getting to .500 and that includes 1-8 vs phillies and reds. Snit rolling...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    If the Saints want to make the playoffs, they can't be a little better on defense. They need to be a lot better on defense, unless they get lucky and make it as an 8-8 or 7-9 type team.
    Eh, maybe... they lost 3 games (giants, broncos, and panthers) on block fg/extra point attempts. They lost 1 game (raiders) by missing long fg attempt at end. If 2 of those games go the saints' way, they made the playoffs last season. Lutz is much better this season at getting lift and range.

vCash
    Some divisions are easier than others. Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta makes for a tough division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Some divisions are easier than others. Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta makes for a tough division.
    I don't see anyway the Saint's make it this year. I think ATL or the Bucs win the division with the other getting in as a wild card. Then I still see Carolina finishing before them in the NFC South

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    That is probably the best QB division in the NFL. Jameis is the worst QB and he isn't close to the bottom tier like SF, Houston, Denver, and Cleveland.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I mean they went 7-9 last year with the worst D in the league. I guess it depends on your definition of a little better or a lot better. Most NFL games come down to 1 possession at the end of the game. Doesn't take that much improvement to win a lot more games.

vCash
    Bump.

Called it before first game