Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Eclipse viewing plans

vCash

OT: Eclipse viewing plans

What's everybody doing for the ecipse tomorrow? We'd thought about driving up to near Nashville, maybe Cool Springs, but I've heard that there will be many, many visitors to totality areas so I suspect the traffic will be miserable. And I've also heard they're not allowing stopping on the side of the freeway just to view (but I'll bet it'll be lined with folks anyway). So ... gonna stay home, grab a lawn chair, and enjoy it in the front yard. We'll be almost 98% here anyway.

vCash
    It's Monday. So I will be at work doing what I do. I'm ready for the stupid eclipse to be over.

vCash
    Taking a half day and watching it at the house. We're about 90% here. Getting ready to do a last minute search for glasses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    It's Monday. So I will be at work doing what I do. I'm ready for the stupid eclipse to be over.
    If it's something that you're not interested in, then it won't affect you at all. Except ... the end of the world that it's causing next month. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Taking a half day and watching it at the house. We're about 90% here. Getting ready to do a last minute search for glasses.

Glasses here were available all over town for the past few months, but most places were out by early last week. Some got in late orders, and sold out quickly. Going price was $2. Not bad for something that probably cost about 10 cents to produce. After everyody else basically ran out, one locally-owned grocery store said they had 20,000 at $8 each. And they sold out ... people were lined up for blocks. So they somehow got another 10,000 for the same price. Price gouging, which I don't like, but I suppose you can say it's just supply and demand for an item that's really not necessary to sustain life (such as generators after tornadoes).

vCash
    I'll be naked and dancing with the wolves. Hail State!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Heading up to the area of totality early tomorrow morning. Taking the little one with me. Road trip.

vCash
    Anybody know where I can get some eclipse glasses last minute?

vCash
    Hearing Funkys is having a viewing party.

vCash
    I'm a high school teacher that tried to get something going at our school. Super decided we aren't to take anyone outside unless the plan was submitted and approved beforehand. They told us this two days ago, hah!

Many schools in the path of totality are closed.

Great teaching moment and we're living in fear.

vCash
    Already in North Georgia. Probably going to watch at Dillard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Anybody know where I can get some eclipse glasses last minute?
    Lowes here in Starkville sold out. Afraid if you don't have any you're SOL like me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Lowes here in Starkville sold out. Afraid if you don't have any you're SOL like me.
    Bummer

If anybody knows anybody with an extra pair, DM me or let me know! Thanks

vCash
    We will be about 94% here in Brunswick. Going to watch from the roof of City Hall with the rest of our staff. Should be great place to watch - basically the highest point in the city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If it's something that you're not interested in, then it won't affect you at all. Except ... the end of the world that it's causing next month. **
    If the world ends before the NCAA gives out justice to Ole Miss, I'm going to be pissed.

vCash

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll be working at the State EOC all day. And to the word that they won't allow people to stop on the interstate, completely true. From a pure safety aspect, its stupid to stop on the side of the road for this because of the dangers associated with nighttime driving. TN drivers are crazy enough as is, don't need added insanity of people parking on the side of the interstate.

vCash
    Walking outside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    Walking outside
    ^^^^^ This^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What's everybody doing for the ecipse tomorrow? We'd thought about driving up to near Nashville, maybe Cool Springs, but I've heard that there will be many, many visitors to totality areas so I suspect the traffic will be miserable. And I've also heard they're not allowing stopping on the side of the freeway just to view (but I'll bet it'll be lined with folks anyway). So ... gonna stay home, grab a lawn chair, and enjoy it in the front yard. We'll be almost 98% here anyway.
    Renting a pontoon boat at Pickwick Lake. 95% solar coverage. Would have had 89% coverage at home.