Thread: Here's the Archie article with interesting pull quote

vCash

Here's the Archie article with interesting pull quote

https://www.si.com/college-football/...caa-violations

Short article in SI w/him defending Freeze back in February '16. Even back then it surprised me that Archie would even say that publicly. Can you pick the phrase that sticks out to me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    https://www.si.com/college-football/...caa-violations

Short article in SI w/him defending Freeze back in February '16. Even back then it surprised me that Archie would even say that publicly. Can you pick the phrase that sticks out to me?
    "We can [recruit] because we've got a great head coach who?s a good recruiter," Manning said. "And he"s got a staff that feeds off each other. Their concept is selling Ole Miss, selling the program and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing. People come here and experience game day and campus life, and kids want to come. That's the truth of the matter."

vCash
    I'm guessing you're referring to the infamous "and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing."

My favorite part is when he says "People come here and experience game day and campus life, andkids want to come. That’s the truth of the matter."

Nevermind the incredible pun that could be made here. The fact that AM was selling the whole Oxford is just a better town than Athen, Gainesville, and Tuscaloosa is just asinine. He knows better than that. What does he mean by "campus life"? I believe that Archie knew that Freeze was using sex to sell OM. Everyone knew.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    BulldogDX55 got what stuck out like a sore thumb; I was hoping this was simple.

vCash
    That would have been my guess also, DX55 beat me.

vCash
    The only going for oxfart is the Como Steak house and it's not in oxford.

vCash
    February, 2016 article, SI should head back to Archie's to see if he still believes in Freeze's "integrity" and to inquire if the "maybe doing something a little different in recruiting" is simply "buying players"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    February, 2016 article, SI should head back to Archie's to see if he still believes in Freeze's "integrity" and to inquire if the "maybe doing something a little different in recruiting" is simply "buying players"
    The article would be about how Archie was "deceived" and how disappointed he is. They are masters of spin.

Geezer
    vCash
    ]The article would be about how Archie was "deceived" and how disappointed he is. They are masters of spin.[/QUOTE]

Archie is not going to say much because he knows Hugh could reveal the entire network. If Freeze gets mad enough , he could expose the core of the problem. The major network players have not been exposed, mostly runners. They are still taking care of players on campus and will do so as long nobody bothers them. The so-called disassociated boosters are still going up there, participating in athletic events and laughing at the NCAA while trying to blame MSU and others. The only way this corrupt program will ever change is if their money and the SEC money is taken away. Homes for players families still being provided and nothing has changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Yep. That's the problem with today's media -- they don't know how to ask the follow-up questions or come back at a later date to follow up and verify what was supposed to take place ACTUALLY took place.

25 years ago, journalistic integrity meant something and a beat writer wasn't just a bobblehead figure looking to push their beat's agenda. Think about the NY Times and NY Post and all of the Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner stories, the SMU scandal and the Dallas newspapers, etc. The "Alfords and Kellengbergers" of the world were not water boys for their assigned beats but instead actually cared to be the first to report and scoop the other news agencies on important news stories as opposed to helping cover up and hide these important stories.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I'm guessing you're referring to the infamous "and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing."

My favorite part is when he says "People come here and experience game day and campus life, andkids want to come. That’s the truth of the matter."

Nevermind the incredible pun that could be made here. The fact that AM was selling the whole Oxford is just a better town than Athen, Gainesville, and Tuscaloosa is just asinine. He knows better than that. What does he mean by "campus life"? I believe that Archie knew that Freeze was using sex to sell OM. Everyone knew.
    Are you saying what I think you're saying? That everybody knew pastor Hugh was hooking recruits up all these years? I never even heard rumors of that, though Ive long the drip-drip about freeze and his wayward dong. Let me be clear----I'm in no inner circle for scoop. I was just suspicious of freeze from the get go. Once all this broke, I thought for sure it was all for him....cause he cant get enough, the nastier the better.

vCash

Part of the predicament they're in is if they stop paying cold turkey then they run

the risk of pissing off some of these players and/or their families. So, do you continue paying them hoping you don't get caught or stop it completely and hope they keep their mouths shut?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)