Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen's plan is starting to become evident...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm also, but signing zero OL last year (that qualify), and only 2 JC OL, that will probably have to be redshirted, will not cut it in my opinion. We appear to be doing great everywhere else, but Mullen seems to ignore the OL every year, and until he shores that up, I believe that our getting to Atlanta is very improbable.
    And there it is... I had the over/under on when lack of OL/WR recruiting would be mentioned at under 7. Damn! Freakin' lost the Hev mention too. C'mon guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nashLA View Post
    I agree, the future looks bright for us. We should be cautious though. Is the OM machine just going to sit idle for the next few years? Are they going to stand by while we amass great recruiting classes? Keep in mind that for a few of their boosters (no, not all - I know many good and decent OM folks), their self worth hinges on being able to look down on others, to believe they are superior to someone, anyone. I expect the machine to be retooled to steer potential MSU recruits away to any other team. I expect them to spend large quantities of cash on private investigators to try and catch us cheating, and to hire others to create the appearance of cheating. They will stop at nothing to bring us down to their level, because the one thing they cannot abide is to not have someone they can sneer at so they can feel better about themselves.
    Ole Miss will have to be very careful because they will be on repeat violator status. Based on 1994, and what's currently going on with their recruiting, yes they will cut it back for awhile because they won't have a choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We have got to secure Mullen and Grantham. Do whatever it takes to maintain continuity as best we can, but we absolutely cannot lose Dan. These next few years are so big....pay the man whatever it takes to lock his ass down.

+1

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ole Miss will have to be very careful because they will be on repeat violator status. Based on 1994, and what's currently going on with their recruiting, yes they will cut it back for awhile because they won't have a choice.
    I hope we have all of our recruiting ducks in a row. You know the rebs are going to go on the warpath looking for dirt on our recruiting.

vCash
    Give Mullen a raise hell, give Bracky a raise.

vCash
    I agree, the future looks bright for us. We should be cautious though. Is the OM machine just going to sit idle for the next few years? Are they going to stand by while we amass great recruiting classes? Keep in mind that for a few of their boosters (no, not all - I know many good and decent OM folks), their self worth hinges on being able to look down on others, to believe they are superior to someone, anyone. I expect the machine to be retooled to steer potential MSU recruits away to any other team. I expect them to spend large quantities of cash on private investigators to try and catch us cheating, and to hire others to create the appearance of cheating. They will stop at nothing to bring us down to their level, because the one thing they cannot abide is to not have someone they can sneer at so they can feel better about themselves.
    I can't disagree with your post, there will definitely be a great deal of bullshat coming from them, all we have to do is look that way right now to see what's going on with the Grove crowd. They are loosing their minds right now and it will only go down hill after they are handed down crippling sanctions.

We as an alumni can't do what we have done in the past and let in fighting over stupid shat split us into factions. We are already split enough like it is. If we are to take this opportunity and exploit it to it's fullest, solidarity will be the word of the day. What can't have the " He has to win x games" to fast. If we aren't stupid and we play the long game right, the talent level will be what it needs to be to compete for the west. It's up to us and our administration not to cock this opportunity up we have a chance to bury the grove dwelling bastards for year to come, but we have to stick together.

vCash
    It is exciting again in Starkville! Doing it the right way and making us a factor in the SEC. Now, we just need the media to pull their heads out their asses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Our top OL Suggs did qualify.
    You are right and he missed on that, but one or two HS OLs is still a problem.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    It is exciting again in Starkville! Doing it the right way and making us a factor in the SEC. Now, we just need the media to pull their heads out their asses.
    Don't hold your breath on that last part. Until the prominent msu alum start approaching the level of $ they pump into the media groups, don't expect much changes. Money talks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Don't hold your breath on that last part. Until the prominent msu alum start approaching the level of $ they pump into the media groups, don't expect much changes. Money talks.
    That is why I made the post just up the board, it's time to get on one page as an alumni. We are the worlds worst about not marching to the same drummer. And yet look what Mullen and Co. have accomplished to date.

vCash
    I still say an "early" signing period in December doesn't really change anything. If you want to change the process, the early period should be right around now, early-to-mid August. Let the kids who want to end their recruitment before they start their SR season do so.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash

Don't forget the Ole Miss Reb Supremacists are stupid....

Sure, alt-Rebels coming after us. However, what they've shown the past year, what we've seen with their goings on, is that the average Ole Miss Reb Supremacist is dumber than a box of rocks. They're breathtakingly slack-jawed, unibrowed, window-licking, mushmouthed, talk-like-they-have-a-piece-of-shit-in-their-mouth stupid. Sure, they can try to find dirt on The Mississippi State University. In the end, they'll be making Wile E. Coyote look like a brilliant mastermind.

In the past, what Reb Supremacists had over The Mississippi State University and their fans is that they are utterly ruthless. Plus we had a bunch of namby-pamby, go-along-to-get-along, Vichy alt-Bulldogs like Larry Templeton as AD and Charles Lee as President. NOW, The Mississippi State University has politically-connected Mark Keenum as President and hard-nosed, wily John Cohen as Athletic Director....THEY aren't going to roll over and throw our head coach under the bus the way Vichy Bulldogs did to Jackie Sherrill.

Reb Supremacists tried to intimidate two of our recruits with threats of Lynching their college eligibility...but this time, we threw that shit RIGHT BACK IN THEIR FACE. Their boosters are weak and woman-like, and deserve the scorn they're getting from the National Media.