Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Glad for Parker...but I have an MSU baseball question in all this: Who was the last MSU pitcher to go from IN-MSU TJ to a Good/Decent career IN-MSU?

I am thinking Nick Routt, but can't think of anyone else

Of course, before Mini Me, this never happened in bulk
    I don't think Routt had Tommy John if my memory serves me. I think he had something like a nerve translation in his elbow or something like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Does MSU use a specific TJ Doctor or do the players select a provider?
    I think they have to go to the MSU doctor first just because he is the first line of defense, but they can and sometimes do seek a second opinion from an outside provider like Dr. Andrew's if they wish to do so.

Banned
    vCash
    The epidemic has really just started. It's not like there is tremendous history there, this year round baseball stuff just started when these guys were kids. We certainly should know something next year. It's also hard to get injured your freshman year, then have a good career, when the recovery is 1.5 years.

Only ones I remember having it (before the 2016 rash) were Paul Young and Ford. Jacob Lindgren had it, but after MSU. Reid Humphreys had it in high school.

I also think it's a lot more invasive surgery than many think. There doesn't seem to be a very high return rate on young arms.
    Last edited by Hasu Dackds; 08-19-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I dont think people quite understand what we have in our head baseball coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think Routt had Tommy John if my memory serves me. I think he had something like a nerve translation in his elbow or something like that?
    The article seems to agree with you. He "faced Tommy John" but it does not say that he had Tommy John. The article also mentions Dr Andrews, gad that we are consulting the best.

http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/a....asp?aid=17394