Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charles Moore just committed to MSU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    It all comes down to getting to Atlanta. We were able to do it almost 20 years ago due to the top defense in the nation and an excellent smash mouth running game.
    Overcoming Bama is the challenge for everyone in the west.
    I think the way to beat Alabama or at least have the best chance to beat Alabama is to throw the ball deep and hit on some of those bombs for touchdowns. Taller WR's give us a better chance to be successful at doing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the way to beat Alabama or at least have the best chance to beat Alabama is to throw the ball deep and hit on some of those bombs for touchdowns. Taller WR's give us a better chance to be successful at doing that.
    I'll totally agree. This isn't the late 90's where JWS just wanted some receivers to be able to "go up and get the ball".
    But if you can get that defense going and have the type of QB that Dan likes to develop, along with some receivers that do more than try and get up for that jump ball,..you're on the right path.
    I accepted that we'll never have those road grating offensive linemen that Jackie had. He'd lay those 300 pounders on them for 3 quarters and watch the opposition wilt.

vCash
    Not sure Mullen's strategy of developing "check down QBs" is conducive to this.

That strategy is great for pro development but does allow for the risk/reward plays that help you have upsets.

Read this article and look at Mullen's quote about 3/4 the way down on QBs making the average play.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...uru-dan-mullen
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-19-2017 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not sure Mullen's strategy of developing "check down QBs" is conducive to this.

That strategy is great for pro development but does allow for the risk/reward plays that help you have upsets.

Read this article and look at Mullen's quote about 3/4 the way down on QBs making the average play.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...uru-dan-mullen
    I think we throw it deep enough to be effective enough to beat Bama if we can complete the passes. Having a better o-line and taller outside WR's would help with as well.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Pulling in better OL will help our downfield passing more than anything. OL giving us time for those plays to develop is really all we've been lacking. We all see what Dak can do with a competent OL. That's what is ultimately holding us back from taking that next step.

Guess I answeeed my question from another thread. In order for dan to take the next step, we have to get better on the OL. And sadly to get better on the OL we probably have to send Hev packing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Pulling in better OL will help our downfield passing more than anything. OL giving us time for those plays to develop is really all we've been lacking. We all see what Dak can do with a competent OL. That's what is ultimately holding us back from taking that next step.

Guess I answeeed my question from another thread. In order for dan to take the next step, we have to get better on the OL. And sadly to get better on the OL we probably have to send Hev packing.
    I agree. When Jake Wimberly had his video review thing last week the thing I noticed wasn't so much that it was a bad play call or anything like that- but it was our o-lineman got completely blown up on the play and that wrecked it before Robinson could do anything.

vCash
    And right on queue come the "pump the brakes" negative asshole guys. If some people want to pump some sunshine and get excited we landed a five star DL guy for 2019, let them. Be happy that we got a big time recruit. Sheesh.

vCash
    I don't think that's what Dan is going for going forward. Couch, Todd, Heath, Osirius Mitchell, Austin Williams are all listed as 6'3" or taller. And we will be even longer if we get Whop and Stephen Guidry.
    You can incorporate that as well but there's some reason we are signing so many TEs. We have 5 or 6 on the roster now and several more committed. We ran a lot of 2 TE sets last year. I'm not saying that our whole offense will go that route but I see us adding these concepts more and more especially with the practice reports saying Jordan Thomas is being moved all over the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's almost impossible for us to have a top ten class. And hays not a bitch it's a fact. Heck I'm tickled w this class but it's more than likely not going to be top 20. Closer to 30 before it's over. And still in the bottom half of the league 8-10 range. But it's a really good class that I like, again.
    For 2018 class you're right... For 2019, like the poster said, I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think they paid recruits not to visit or commit to us.
    Absolutely correct!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If dan plays Fitz all game against USA and Aeris from game 1 we win at least two more games last year, possibly 3 more. So in actuality we had a 7-8 win team last year with shit coaching decisions.
    Rouge is right!