Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charles Moore just committed to MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think they paid recruits not to visit or commit to us.
    Absolutely correct!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Playoff Caliber??? Let's pump the brakes a little. We were 5-7 last year before catching a break just to go bowling. OL and WR recruiting remain problem spots as is out of state recruiting of blue chip talent. That said, a big year on the field combined with the Rebels demise could open a lot of new doors while providing us momentum this program has not enjoyed since Sherrill's first season. 9 win reg season should do the trick
    If dan plays Fitz all game against USA and Aeris from game 1 we win at least two more games last year, possibly 3 more. So in actuality we had a 7-8 win team last year with shit coaching decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If dan plays Fitz all game against USA and Aeris from game 1 we win at least two more games last year, possibly 3 more. So in actuality we had a 7-8 win team last year with shit coaching decisions.
    Rouge is right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Playoff Caliber??? Let's pump the brakes a little. We were 5-7 last year before catching a break just to go bowling. OL and WR recruiting remain problem spots as is out of state recruiting of blue chip talent. That said, a big year on the field combined with the Rebels demise could open a lot of new doors while providing us momentum this program has not enjoyed since Sherrill's first season. 9 win reg season should do the trick
    You might be surprised by how well our WR's are going to play this year.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Horrible.

Did you forget the 2 years before last season already? Or are you a Bear? We have the QBs lined up. WR is getting fixed already. We need OL, I will give you that.
    Yep. May need the Enforcer to just do a status check on this one

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the way to beat Alabama or at least have the best chance to beat Alabama is to throw the ball deep and hit on some of those bombs for touchdowns. Taller WR's give us a better chance to be successful at doing that.
    Pulling in better OL will help our downfield passing more than anything. OL giving us time for those plays to develop is really all we've been lacking. We all see what Dak can do with a competent OL. That's what is ultimately holding us back from taking that next step.

Guess I answeeed my question from another thread. In order for dan to take the next step, we have to get better on the OL. And sadly to get better on the OL we probably have to send Hev packing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He's referring to the 2019 class not 2018. Have you seen the talent in ms for 2019? Our class will be much closer to 10 than 30. I'm guessing somewhere between 8-12
    I understand that. My point is we still won't be in the top 10. It's too difficult. Not enough star power in state. And yes I think it too will be a great class. Should be top 20 assuming we sing the full 25 as we should. But that doesn't change my point about this year. People are saying we are having a much better year, Mullen is focused more or whatever. I think he's always been focused, yet this is class that will finish about 25-30. Just what it is. And again, I really like our class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Dude we will have a top 20 -25 class this year and the talent for 2019 is loaded for MS. No way it's only top 30.
    Please show me where I said the 19 class is only top 30.i said the word THIS class, this meaning this year, 2018. As far as 19 and forever, I said and mean it's hard to be top ten. And it won't. Bookmark this if you like.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 08-19-2017 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I understand that. My point is we still won't be in the top 10. It's too difficult. Not enough star power in state. And yes I think it too will be a great class. Should be top 20 assuming we sing the full 25 as we should. But that doesn't change my point about this year. People are saying we are having a much better year, Mullen is focused more or whatever. I think he's always been focused, yet this is class that will finish about 25-30. Just what it is. And again, I really like our class.
    Next year's class actually does have the star power in MS.....but we would literally have to sign every 4/5* player to finish in the top 10, and that won't happen. A top 15 class should be doable though....especially if Jalon Jones gets bumped to a 4*.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not sure Mullen's strategy of developing "check down QBs" is conducive to this.

That strategy is great for pro development but does allow for the risk/reward plays that help you have upsets.

Read this article and look at Mullen's quote about 3/4 the way down on QBs making the average play.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...uru-dan-mullen
    I think we throw it deep enough to be effective enough to beat Bama if we can complete the passes. Having a better o-line and taller outside WR's would help with as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Pulling in better OL will help our downfield passing more than anything. OL giving us time for those plays to develop is really all we've been lacking. We all see what Dak can do with a competent OL. That's what is ultimately holding us back from taking that next step.

Guess I answeeed my question from another thread. In order for dan to take the next step, we have to get better on the OL. And sadly to get better on the OL we probably have to send Hev packing.
    I agree. When Jake Wimberly had his video review thing last week the thing I noticed wasn't so much that it was a bad play call or anything like that- but it was our o-lineman got completely blown up on the play and that wrecked it before Robinson could do anything.