Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone needs to be fired

vCash

Someone needs to be fired

How do two players get to State in January only to find out they are not eligible to play in August? Even if they were missing something from HS or JuCo it would seem there was plenty of time for them to make it up. That could seriously affect the entire team so someone should be held responsible.

Yes, I know the NCAA clearinghouse is slow and inefficient but that isn't a surprise to anyone either. MSU has to be accountable for what they can control and get ahead of situations like this. I feel sorry for Brian Cole and the other player.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    How do two players get to State in January only to find out they are not eligible to play in August? Even if they were missing something from HS or JuCo it would seem there was plenty of time for them to make it up. That could seriously affect the entire team so someone should be held responsible.

Yes, I know the NCAA clearinghouse is slow and inefficient but that isn't a surprise to anyone either. MSU has to be accountable for what they can control and get ahead of situations like this. I feel sorry for Brian Cole and the other player.
    You feel sorry for Cole and someone needs to be fired?

Isn't Cole supposed to be doing the work?

vCash
    It has to do with a fairly new (2 years) regulation that dictates how many hours you can get in a certain amount of time. Cole got too many hours in too short a period of time. It happened at EMCC, did not prohibit him from enrolling, but he will have to take academic redshirt. Same thing happened to Deion Pope, but he didn't have a year left to redshirt.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    No she don't need to be fired. She left and is doing independent work now. And has a whole bunch of pencils. And would you rather them not go through all the practices and classes at MSU so you don't know if you have them? The incompetence of our compliance office is greatly exaggerated because it's the cool thing to do on a message board

vCash
    Please explain the new policy about classes.

vCash
    From what I've read, there's zero this had to do with anybody on our side. This is an issue with the jucos and the students. We'd have taken rivers and cole regardless anyway.

Banned
    vCash
    Rivers and Cole are both worth it.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 08-19-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Signing obvious grade risks is kinda like signing your own son when you know your ex-wife is never going to allow him to come to MSU or taking commitments from 8th graders in NC. Unless they are Warren Sapp don't sign players that can't qualify outta high school and then outta EMCC. How many warning signs do ya need? Are these two players locks for All-SEC? If they are not it's questionable to sign them. Sign the other guy at EMCC that isn't a grade risk. Kinda stupid to sign jucos for immediate help when they can't help you immediately.
    Neither was grade risk coming out. So stfu if you don't know what you are talking about.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    We haven't heard for sure if Rivers isn't playing, have we?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Neither was grade risk coming out. So stfu if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Really cause sure looks like they aren't qualified to me. If they weren't a grade risk they'd be qualified.

vCash

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Dude, chill. He took more hours than what the Clearinghouse said he should have within 3 semesters of classes. At least, that's what I am inferring.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 08-19-2017 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    Signing obvious grade risks is kinda like signing your own son when you know your ex-wife is never going to allow him to come to MSU or taking commitments from 8th graders in NC. Unless they are Warren Sapp don't sign players that can't qualify outta high school and then outta EMCC. How many warning signs do ya need? Are these two players locks for All-SEC? If they are not it's questionable to sign them. Sign the other guy at EMCC that isn't a grade risk. Kinda stupid to sign jucos for immediate help when they can't help you immediately.
    61 my friend, Brian Cole was a top rated HS player 4-star, 148 of Scout 300 in 2014, who qualified out of high school. He signed with Michigan and played, for some reason he was dismissed and went to EMCC. At EMCC, he took on-line courses in addition to his normal load to get to the point he could sign with MSU in January. The NCAA has a new rule that does not allow a SA to get too many hours in too short a period of time. He is well worth redshirting and having him to play for us another day, just as much worth as redshirting Fitz.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    61 my friend, Brian Cole was a top rated HS player 4-star, 148 of Scout 300 in 2014, who qualified out of high school. He signed with Michigan and played, for some reason he was dismissed and went to EMCC. At EMCC, he took on-line courses in addition to his normal load to get to the point he could sign with MSU in January. The NCAA has a new rule that does not allow a SA to get too many hours in too short a period of time. He is well worth redshirting and having him to play for us another day, just as much worth as redshirting Fitz.
    Alright thank you. I stand corrected and will edit my post.

vCash
    Yep ... this is all on Last Chance U and the pencil lady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Mimi, I cannot give you rule, paragraph and line of the NCAA reg., if you want that use google.

But what it boils down to is they (NCAA) will not allow excessive amount of hours in a semester. It's like summer school at MSU you could get 6 hrs/semester (at least when I went to summer school), but you can take on-line courses and get a bunch more hours. Well how much are you going to learn when you get 18 hours in 1 month?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Brian Cole is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Rivers played at UGA and got into trouble for smoking weed. He had a 3.8 GPA at that time at UGA.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Rivers played at UGA and got into trouble for smoking weed. He had a 3.8 GPA at that time at UGA.
    Edited twice for ya bud

vCash
    Alright thank you. I stand corrected and will edit my post.
    Maybe we should call it "the Dontae rule"...

vCash
    Do the classes still count toward graduation? I'm sure they do. It's weird the classes are good for a degree, but not to play football
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-19-2017 at 09:33 AM.