Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone needs to be fired

vCash
    Wait, has it already been determined Rivers can't play? I thought we wouldn't know until next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Wait, has it already been determined Rivers can't play? I thought we wouldn't know until next week.
    We're state fans... you know we aren't getting any good news (1/2*)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Mimi, I cannot give you rule, paragraph and line of the NCAA reg., if you want that use google.

But what it boils down to is they (NCAA) will not allow excessive amount of hours in a semester. It's like summer school at MSU you could get 6 hrs/semester (at least when I went to summer school), but you can take on-line courses and get a bunch more hours. Well how much are you going to learn when you get 18 hours in 1 month?
    In high school students are allowed to DUAL-ENROLL in (to be registered in high school and college, most here being EMCC). The college classes being dual-enrolled OR the AP classes will get you more hours going into college than the NCAA may allow... So has anyone even LOOKED at the fact that someone of the classes that the SA took could have been "dual enrolled in" from HIGH SCHOOL.... Those classes would/should show up as a college class????? We have high school students, graduating from High School, that are going to college as SOPHOMORES because they have used the dual-enrollment and/or AP classes to get a jump-start.

If the kid has a previous GPA that is good then what is the issue. BUT if the childs GPA is in the gutter then there is an issue
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 08-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Sounds like this is an issue where the JUCO folks didn't understand the new eligibility rules. If Pope had the same issue then its not just EMCC because Pope went to Co-Lin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Do the classes still count toward graduation? I'm sure they do. It's weird the classes are good for a degree, but not to play football
    To graduate from High School in MS.... every student has to have a foreign language and pass. The NCAA requirements to play football do not have the foreign language requirement in it.

vCash
    Rivers and Cole got here in January and stayed for both summer terms if I understand correctly. How long does it take to make up the credit and get them eligible? Is it just a forced redshirt year period.

If this was known did we account for it in our scholarships? Some of you love to complain when we don't have 85 on the roster. Well here you go.

Obviously the coaches did not know this was going to happen because from all the posts Rivers was playing a pretty big role (1b if you will) on defense. If they did know these players would redshirt they should have acknowledged it or leaked it instead of letting me get all wooly for no reason.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Rivers and Cole are both worth it.
    This all day. You'd rather we have them than someone else.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Rivers and Cole got here in January and stayed for both summer terms if I understand correctly. How long does it take to make up the credit and get them eligible? Is it just a forced redshirt year period.

If this was known did we account for it in our scholarships? Some of you love to complain when we don't have 85 on the roster. Well here you go.

Obviously the coaches did not know this was going to happen because from all the posts Rivers was playing a pretty big role (1b if you will) on defense. If they did know these players would redshirt they should have acknowledged it or leaked it instead of letting me get all wooly for no reason.
    Its not a matter of needing more credits, they took to many credits during a semester at East MS.

vCash
    So, in other words... we have TWO smart students that had a GOAL in front of them -- they set out to meet that GOAL only to be shot down by a new NCAA rule. EMCC has many classes that are taught by MSU professors... Some of the online classes are even taught by Bama professors.... Not sure I agree with this 'rule'... Maybe EMCC needs some education on students entering into a senior college as an athlete.....

vCash
    I've watched season 1 of Last Chance U, and many of those dudes on the football team were apparently speaking a foreign language. It darned sure wasn't English.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    To graduate from High School in MS.... every student has to have a foreign language and pass. The NCAA requirements to play football do not have the foreign language requirement in it.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 08-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    I've watched season 1 of Last Chance U, and many of those dudes on the football team were apparently speaking a foreign language. It darned sure wasn't English.
    Most speak a foreign language and one sure cannot understand it much less read their English papers--
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 08-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    This does suck but our recruiting has picked up and is going to get better since ole miss is getting ready to spend 15 years naked in a prison shower. So I'm not gonna let this setback dull me out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Please explain the new policy about classes.
    I think they mean getting too many academic hours credit in one semester or offering period. Such as a JUCO allowing a player to enroll in 21+ hours a semester to get credit to be come eligible. NCAA started cracking down on JUCO's playing this game to get kids eligible. I believe this is what they are talking about.

I took 21 hours one semester to graduate on time, due to only offering certain classes one semester a year and it almost killed me. I wasn't playing any sports so I couldn't imagine having less time for the classed than I did. Now, given they were far more difficult than "Shoe Tying" and "Basket-weaving" but 21+ would be difficult with all that practice time.