Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reported that Fabien Lovett has committed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    We are still recruiting him, but I doubt, he jumped on that LSU offer as soon as it was extended, like that was the one he was waiting on. His Dad did play for us, so I'm sure he has been fully exposed to MSU.
    For a center, the DD photo shows Smith to be somewhat under-sized. Didn't I hear James Williams has us in his top-3? And thanks msbulldog for the DD list.

vCash
    I subscribe to 247 and get a lot of good recruiting info, supposedly it's between us and Bama for Williams. Good for us is Williams is best buds with Malik Heath and Aaron Odom (who signed with us last year). Plus we have his former coach as one of our inside recruiting guys (can't remember his name).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    For a center, the DD photo shows Smith to be somewhat under-sized. Didn't I hear James Williams has us in his top-3? And thanks msbulldog for the DD list.
    Williams could commit to us at any time. Heavy lean

Cole Smith want to go to LSU. He's undersized.

The Brookehaven kid doesn't have an offer. We chose Reed from Olive Branch over him.

Pisguh running back doesn't have an offer.

Crumedy is supposedly an MSU lean but he's the quietest, least likely to commit anytime soon.

vCash
    I hope we can flip Smith. We signed an undersized center from West Monroe, LA a few years ago. That guy turned out to a very good player for us.

QUOTE=Bothrops;789674]I Lovett![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Williams could commit to us at any time. Heavy lean

Cole Smith want to go to LSU. He's undersized.

The Brookehaven kid doesn't have an offer. We chose Reed from Olive Branch over him.

Pisguh running back doesn't have an offer.

Crumedy is supposedly an MSU lean but he's the quietest, least likely to commit anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    I hope we can flip Smith. We signed an undersized center from West Monroe, LA a few years ago. That guy turned out to a very good player for us.
    [/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what Dillon Day has to do with Cole Smith.

Biggest mistake many programs make is that they begin scouting the exception rather than the rule. Undersized guys becoming quality players is the exception, not the rule. You start recruiting exceptions because you had success with one & you'll look up & have a team full of exceptions.

Now, I say that while admitting that I'm not great at evaluating offensive line guys. So maybe we really like Cole Smith as a player, but IMO it darn shouldn't be because Dillon Day was good for us.

vCash
    Well if he is good enough for LSU he is dang sure good enough for us seeing that we've beaten them once in 20 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Well if he is good enough for LSU he is dang sure good enough for us seeing that we've beaten them once in 20 years
    I wouldn't be surprised if Orgeron offered Smith just to 39 him in the end to ensure that a MSU legacy won't have a scholarship offer from his dad's alma mater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Orgeron offered Smith just to 39 him in the end to ensure that a MSU legacy won't have a scholarship offer from his dad's alma mater.
    I could see that happening. The problem is if it isn't an easy recruitment, it's not happening with Hevesy. Kwatrivious Johnson is his ideal recruit- the problem is he is an exception and not the rule on the other end of the spectrum that Shotgun is talking about.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Supposedly it was between us and Bama, so I guess so. I think he is a three star, so I guess Bama offers some three stars.
    If he would have chosen Bama he would be a four star borderline five star by now
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I would love it more if we would get about 3 or 4 quality OL. Think we have 1 committed at the present time.
    We have 2 committed right now, but I would also feel better if we added 1 or 2 more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    THIS all 17'n day long.