Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Whiskey River Don't Run Dry Edition

vCash
    Late night smoked leg quarters, Glenlevits 18 and a nice cigar.
    Last edited by ElectroDawg; 08-19-2017 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDawg View Post
    Late night smoked leg quarters, Glenlevits 18 and a nice cigar.
    Hell ya right up my alley.

We went to Saturday night mass and had dinner at Penn's. Bout to get it drank cabinet and watch a movie after lil dude goes to sleep

Banned
    vCash
    Wife and I had ribeye I marinated since noon yesterday in basic stuff. Sea salt and pepper, garlic and a small bit of spicy mustard rub. Soaked in Lea and Perrin with some Allegro smoke! I just opened my Weller white label bourbon she bought me for our anniversary a year ago. My wife is about to get laid!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Have you tried another similar one "Ghost In The Machine IPA"? Tasty as well.
    Ghost is top notch. Unfortunately, it's not available in MS. I really like Envie by Parish brewing as well.

vCash
    My father-in-law is visiting us this week. Today was his last day, so we drove up to Plum Island for the day. Pretty gorgeous day...and we met a gull with no ****s to give, lol.

Picked up some nice scallops on the way home from the fish guy. Sauteed 'em, and served with carrots, tomatoes from the garden, and a wine-butter sauce.

My lady made a strawberry-rhubarb pie (though I did make the crust) and it was ****ing amazing.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm moving in with Beardo!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I'm moving in with Beardo!!
    Awesome. I hope you like pottery...***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    My father-in-law is visiting us this week. Today was his last day, so we drove up to Plum Island for the day. Pretty gorgeous day...and we met a gull with no ****s to give, lol.

Picked up some nice scallops on the way home from the fish guy. Sauteed 'em, and served with carrots, tomatoes from the garden, and a wine-butter sauce.

My lady made a strawberry-rhubarb pie (though I did make the crust) and it was ****ing amazing.

I hate you for showing me those scallops. Those things look fantastic.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 08-20-2017 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Top notch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Very good beer. Always quick to go when it hits the shelves around here. Have you tried another similar one "Ghost In The Machine IPA"? Tasty as well.
    I haven't tried that, I've been a pretty loyal Stone and North Coast guy. But my cousin lives in Seattle and she recommended the Space Dust. She was correct.

vCash
    Chili for dinner. GOT coming up

vCash
    My 3 yr old learned to cast on his own this weekend and had a blast catching. We kept a mess of bream and a couple catfish. Fried them up tonight with fries, jalape?os & black eye peas. A margarita (cause it's hotter than hades down here) and a couple Sculpins make it even better.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Ate out all wkd for birthday until this evening. Did a rack of baby backs for me and mrs I seen it.

The glistening is not sauce. These are dry rub.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 08-20-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Reposado Margarita and steaks for Friday night. Caveman style. Just meat no sides. An Orin Swift Papillon to start then an exclusive Marke Wines Biliv Cab to chase the steaks.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Last night hit my fav local spot Chianti Restaurante. Straight Italian. Pollo alla Milanese with tagliolini spinach pasta with a tomato cream sauce with mushrooms and prosciutto. Orin Swift Equinox club Commute Red Blend just outstanding. Chased at home with some Frangelico on rocks.

Last edited by I seen it dawg; 08-20-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I had a dish last night at my fav local place. Pollo Alla Milanese. Pounded out chicken lightly breaded and saut?ed with a brown butter herb sauce with a hint of lemon. Any hints on getting it this way as far as the light breading and sauce? I'm a kitchen am when it comes to breading things and saut?ing.

vCash
    Nice looking smoke rings on those ribs, I Seen It....and that steak looked bad perfect!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Sous vide ribeyes, fresh corn & baked potatoes. Some Dieselpunk Honey Amber and Rex Goliath Pinot to wash it all down.
    Sous Vide is the best. I sear AFTER the sous vide, believe me it's better . And I do it in a cooler. season and vacuum the steak, pour in hot water to 140 degrees, throw in steaks , weight them down and water should drop to 135 -130 which is perfect med rare, and pull em out 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. (It doesn't matter, just don't go more than 3 hours.). Pat dry, sear on VERY hot grill or cast iron skillet 1 min each side.

Thank me later, it's the perfect steak, and you don't spend $100-$400 on a sous vide machine
    Last edited by Spiderman; 08-20-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Sous Vide is the best. I sear AFTER the sous vide, believe me it's better . And I do it in a cooler. Vacuum the steak, pour in hot water to 140 degrees, throw in steaks seasoned, weight them down and water should drop to 135 -130 which is perfect med rare, and pull em out 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. (It doesn't matter, just don't go more than 3 hours.) sear on VERY hot grill 1 min each side.

Thank me later, it's the perfect steak, and you don't spend $100-$400 on a sous vide machine
    How long will the cooler hold the temp? The whole time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    How long will the cooler hold the temp? The whole time?
    lose a degree or 2 per hour if you have a halfway decent cooler with a good seal top. DO NOT OPEN FOR ANY REASON, and that will hold true. i use one of my 10 lb dumbells to weigh it down. Redneck sous vide all the way. As long as the temp is 135-130 when you start, you are good.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 08-20-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times