Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Whiskey River Don't Run Dry Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Whiskey River Don't Run Dry Edition

What a hell of a busy week for me. High School football in MS is back so it's about to feel like fall. Not sure of the plans but I'm sensing some bourbon on the horizon for me this weekend.

vCash
    Sous vide ribeyes, fresh corn & baked potatoes. Some Dieselpunk Honey Amber and Rex Goliath Pinot to wash it all down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Sous vide ribeyes, fresh corn & baked potatoes. Some Dieselpunk Honey Amber and Rex Goliath Pinot to wash it all down.
    Specifically, what setup do you have to execute the sous vide method

vCash
    About to bust No Way Jose wide open.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Sculpin and Elysian Space Dust IPA, smoked chicken wings, pork tenderloins, and a rump roast to slice into sandwich meat.

ETA: Jammin out to My Morning Jacket Pandora radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Specifically, what setup do you have to execute the sous vide method
    I have the Anova sous vide cooker. I use a 12 qt Rubbermaid plastic bin to cook in. I'll sear these tonight over my charcoal chimney starter, but you can use a cast iron skillet or whatever you prefer for your sear. These are going at 129F for about 60-90 mins.

vCash
    High school football is back -
    So kick off the season we ate our traditional pregame meal at the world famous Willie's Wee-Nee Wagon on the way to the game. Had a pork chop sandwich, fries and sweeeett tea. Now I'm sweating it all out in 90 degree heat and no sea breeze watching Benedictine from Savannah maul Glynn Academy.

vCash
    Live shot of my meal I'm cooking my staff. 4 pans of baked ziti and some garlic bread. The red ring around the edge is my xtra gravy secret

vCash
    Live shot of my meal I'm cooking my staff. 4 pans of baked ziti and some garlic bread. The red ring around the edge is my xtra gravy secret

vCash

Dang Beast, are you cooking for an army?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Gonna slow smoke a deer tenderloin and veggies, while pairing with some mezcal. First time pairing deer with Mezcal. Typically prefer bourbons and scotch, but Mezcal is growing on me.

Banned
    vCash

Doesn't Hugh have an extra gravy secret?!

Nothing fancy tonight for me. Grilled chicken Caesar and some Coppola Chardonnay. Tomorrow night, the bourbon will be in my belly!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Dang Beast, are you cooking for an army?
    My work team was 19 this evening

vCash
    If your able to try some Allegro bbq sauce I highly
    Recommend it. The spicy is the best i17637109_10154129219712563_4539593793062227760_o.jpg

vCash
    A cooked another staff meal today. This was my bowl. Sautee pan mac n cheez. Reduce heavy cream and liberally add shredded sharp cheddar (stole that recipe from a Starkville joint I used to work for). The chicken was breaded identically to how I'd do chicken parm. In another pan I made a sauce with butter, garlic, oregano, Basil, and honey. When the chicken was done I tossed it in the sauce to completely coat the chicken. Finishing touch was chopped thick-cut Wright's bacon. Came out well. You had you're creamy, savory with the pasta. The chicken was your crispy texture & hint of sweet. Bacon was salt.

vCash
    Just tryed a new IPA that's now my go to, Elysian Space Dust IPA, anyone had it. It legit.

vCash
    Baked. Shrimp in Italian dressing and a boatload of butter. An excuse to eat a loaf of bread by myself!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Just tryed a new IPA that's now my go to, Elysian Space Dust IPA, anyone had it. It legit.
    Very good beer. Always quick to go when it hits the shelves around here. Have you tried another similar one "Ghost In The Machine IPA"? Tasty as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    See Interpolution's post above (about 10 Posts above yours).

May need to give it a shot after seeing it mentioned twice in the same thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Sculpin and Elysian Space Dust IPA, smoked chicken wings, pork tenderloins, and a rump roast to slice into sandwich meat.

ETA: Jammin out to My Morning Jacket Pandora radio.
    I'm working on some Sculpin too. Mississippi is really getting some fine beer. And brewing some fine beer.
    Boiling some shrimp to close out the day.