Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing more rumors... spoke to someone close to the situation..

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Hearing more rumors... spoke to someone close to the situation..

And the latest rumors are that Dan Mullen may actually start our best QB and RB for the first time since 2010.** Not holding my breath on this one. We will find out in two weeks.

vCash
    I was just thinking today. This time last year there was a heated debate over Williams vs Fitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    And the latest rumors are that Dan Mullen may actually start our best QB and RB for the first time since 2010.** Not holding my breath on this one. We will find out in two weeks.

vCash
    We didn't start our best QB/RB combo in 2014? Or 2011 for that matter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yep

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Maybe we did. I was being facetious about all the rumors and Dan playing paper tiger RB's over our better SEC caliber backs.

vCash
    Some of you are doubting that we're going to start Fitz and Aeris?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Nah, I'm just being an asshole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I was just thinking today. This time last year there was a heated debate over Williams vs Fitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    AND then we lost the South Alabama game.

vCash
    He'll start Fitz (hopefully he won't pull him like last year in the first game) but I'll believe Aeris starts when I see it. He didn't start last year and it was even more obvious that he should have started last year than this year. Holloway being in the game at the RB position at any point in time at State should make you doubt that Dan will play the start the right guy at RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    He'll start Fitz (hopefully he won't pull him like last year in the first game) but I'll believe Aeris starts when I see it. He didn't start last year and it was even more obvious that he should have started last year than this year. Holloway being in the game at the RB position at any point in time at State should make you doubt that Dan will play the start the right guy at RB.
    LOL. Who else would start?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    LOL. Who else would start?
    Holloway started last year. Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be. And he still started over Aeris. If Holloway didn't get hurt last year in the middle of the season Dan would be on the hot seat this year.

vCash
    Holloway started last year. Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be. And he still started over Aeris. If Holloway didn't get hurt last year in the middle of the season Dan would be on the hot seat this year.
    agree makes me 17n apoplectic!!! how about the year we sat a 1st round LB half of every game for 1a/b???

vCash
    I believe the questions is who would start THIS YEAR over Aeris. Lee, after spending most of his career thus far in Mullen's dog house? Murphy, who I'm fairly certain has yet to play a down at RB? Gibson, who hasn't seen that many opportunities either? Firmly established precedent says Hill isn't remotely guaranteed to play at all as a true freshman, much less start. And even if Mullen did break his own precedent and start someone other than the most experienced, veteran player on the roster at the position, any of the alternatives would be an upgrade over Holloway last year from a strictly ball-carrying standpoint.

I realize this topic started as a joke, but I'm not sure what to say if anyone honestly believes anyone other than Aeris will be our starter at RB this season.

vCash
    Hell they are better then Shump.

vCash
    I believe the questions is who would start THIS YEAR over Aeris. Lee, after spending most of his career thus far in Mullen's dog house? Murphy, who I'm fairly certain has yet to play a down at RB? Gibson, who hasn't seen that many opportunities either? Firmly established precedent says Hill isn't remotely guaranteed to play at all as a true freshman, much less start. And even if Mullen did break his own precedent and start someone other than the most experienced, veteran player on the roster at the position, any of the alternatives would be an upgrade over Holloway last year from a strictly ball-carrying standpoint.

I realize this topic started as a joke, but I'm not sure what to say if anyone honestly believes anyone other than Aeris will be our starter at RB this season.
    Dude your first paragraph answers your second. Mullen screws the pooch every time at starting RB. So like I said I'll believe it when I see it. We all knew who should have started last year, SAME as this year, and same for a lot of his time here. It has cost us games, I hope it won't again.

Banned
    vCash
    Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be.
    This isn't true at all. Holloway was a solid player for us in 2015 as a receiver out of the backfield. He had 33 catches and 5 receiving tds while playing every game. He had an injury plagued senior season but Holloway was a tough player and he deserves more respect than most of y'all throw at him. It's not his fault Dan misused him just like Dan misused Perkins and Dan misused JRob.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This isn't true at all. Holloway was a solid player for us in 2015 as a receiver out of the backfield. He had 33 catches and 5 receiving tds while playing every game. He had an injury plagued senior season but Holloway was a tough player and he deserves more respect than most of y'all throw at him. It's not his fault Dan misused him just like Dan misused Perkins and Dan misused JRob.
    ^Right on. Holloway showed heart and proved he was, pound for pound, one of the toughest guys on the squad with all those runs up the middle...but he shouldn't have been sent out there to run up the middle.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Give us your tired and weak and we will make them strong. Bring us your foreign songs and we will sing along.
    Leave us your broken dreams, we'll give them time to mend. There's still a lot of love living in the Promiseland"
    - as sung by Willie Nelson

vCash
    Dude your first paragraph answers your second. Mullen screws the pooch every time at starting RB. So like I said I'll believe it when I see it. We all knew who should have started last year, SAME as this year, and same for a lot of his time here. It has cost us games, I hope it won't again.
    This is so true and I just have to laugh when I hear pundits anoint Dan Mullen as the second best head coach in the SEC.
    If the pundits are correct, then it only goes to show that Saban has destroyed the conference as a whole while elevating U of A.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yep