Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New from Dan Wolken

Banned
    vCash
    Why is a 47 year old coach calling a young 30's guy so much who just happens to own the most popular bar where many of the alleged ladies and recruits ended up at on recruiting weekends, and the calls are mostly around the hot recruiting period? That's what is weird to me. And the BS from lawyer saying they met at church and just became friends! Again, that is just weird.
    Word is that Funky's was a fave hangout of the Beav!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Please tell me this is NOT the explosive new information everyone keeps referring to. Very underwhelming if so.
    Not necessarily, it shows OM's claims of diligent compliance of coaches, as they claim their compliance department did, is BS
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Right one cue, the idiot apologist chimes in. Amazing how he keeps taking the same perspective

I'm gonna give Sally some slack here because she probably doesn't have many friends.

vCash
    Richard Cross is such a dumbass.

He just stated,"The news today has no affect on the COI or anything in the investigation."

Uh, yes it does.

The LOIC charge is about OM not properly monitoring the compliance of the football program. Sure the Funky's guy may have been Freeze' good friend, but having that type of relationship with a disassociated booster does not help OM's cause in showing that Freeze was running a straight program.

Again, as I posted in another thread, these OM guys are arguing each allegation, article, etc, one at a time & not realizing that collectively all the seemingly meaningless individual points paint a very accurate picture that connect dots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    Anyone else here call some guy they know weekly that isn't their dad or brother?
    Depends. I call & text with my hunting buddy a hell of a lot about deep sea fishing trips, dove shoots, deer stands, green fields, shooting houses, duck hunting, turkey hunting, betting on football/basketball/baseball ~ 4th of July at the lake, Christmas parties, etc. Then I have another buddy I talk with a couple of times a week about golf trips, home repairs, crawfish boils, bbq's, our kids playing sports together, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Why is a 47 year old coach calling a young 30's guy so much who just happens to own the most popular bar where many of the alleged ladies and recruits ended up at on recruiting weekends, and the calls are mostly around the hot recruiting period? That's what is weird to me. And the BS from lawyer saying they met at church and just became friends! Again, that is just weird.
    Why is a 47 year old running with a 33 year old?????

vCash
    I don't call anyone that often unless it's work related. Maybe is different for others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Depends. I call & text with my hunting buddy a hell of a lot about deep sea fishing trips, dove shoots, deer stands, green fields, shooting houses, duck hunting, turkey hunting, betting on football/basketball/baseball ~ 4th of July at the lake, Christmas parties, etc. Then I have another buddy I talk with a couple of times a week about golf trips, home repairs, crawfish boils, bbq's, our kids playing sports together, etc.
    I do the same since I'm the unofficial coordinator of tee times for my golf group. It's mostly email and tweets though, scheduling and also turning in scores to our handicapper. Very seldom do we actually talk on the phone. But I've called, texted, or emailed hookers and honky-tonk owners exactly 0 times in the past few years.

vCash
    Also- if you are Southern Baptist and you own a Daiquiri bar that's kind of not cool as far as church cool goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    Anyone else here call some guy they know weekly that isn't their dad or brother?
    Once a week!!!! Look again, it was more like twice a day for awhile there, until, alas, it became clear that Harris was going down in flames. Typical wham, bam, thank you ma'am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Wait a minute, today I hear straight from the mouth of an ole miss toppest of notches sorority girl that it's long been rumored freeze was banging coeds in Funky's parking lot on a fairly regular basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Also- if you are Southern Baptist and you own a Daiquiri bar that's kind of not cool as far as church cool goes.
    It's Pinelake. They are baptists only when convenient.

vCash
    OM can't say they don't know each other, this is just positioning OM for another blow to the head - this Dan Woken dude is like Negan, likes to play with his kill
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 08-18-2017 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He can't say they don't know each other, this is just positioning OM for another blow to the head - this Dan Woken dude is like Negan, like to play with his kill
    Walken and Harris had WORDS on twitter one night this week. I understand that it was not nice. I could not locate this tweet battle the next morning... Someone had deleted it from my understanding.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    thumbs up
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    I think anyone has to realize that this article from Wolken is just a preview of things to come. Just like the number of calls from Barney to Warren, and the other 1000's of calls. It's called creative journalism and great lawyering in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I'm going to stay out of the Pinelake stuff but I will say this- aligning yourself with an in state football coach in Mississippi was a terrible idea for any church in Mississippi. Honestly, that would be true if it was MSU or even USM. Simply because usually coaching tenure's don't end well in many cases. What happened to Freeze was absolutely worst case scenario for a church that tried to align itself with a coach though.