Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Last Scrimage Notes

vCash

Few Last Scrimage Notes

I think this was a dress rehearsal for depth chart.

As I said in an early thread. Hill won't redshirt. Started with the 2's tonight. And had a 60 yard TD ready against the 2's on D later in scrimmage
    Gibson also with a pretty long TD run.
    Fitz looked very good as usually. KT again doesn't look like a frosh. He can spin in tight windows for sure.
    In the best move I think in years, Jordan Thomas playing some WR and will play all over the field . Had a handful of catches on for a TD as did Jesse Jackson ( was with the 2's) a lot
    We are going to be better at WR than most think. Esp with Fitz being a better passer.
    Didn't see a lot of Gray, and Aries ( no need)
    Myles was main guy at punt return
    OL I guess was ok. Only one false start I think and one holding I think
    Can't really tell how they do because Hev is to busy Mother ****ing every breath.
    Jenkins held out but if it was game day would have played no issue .
    Reese will be fine at RT and will be very good before he leaves.
    Depth at Oline is the key just like it is everywhere else in CFB .

Def.
    night and day from last year. Staff is one huge reason
    Lots of Sunday guys on D
    Sweat had at least 3-4 sacks . He is playin on Sunday prob sooner than later
    Abrams didn't go but could have if game day
    JT finally in his natural position
    Cole would play a lot if not for redshirt . Will be a good one
    Front 7 is nasty . And very aggressive . And deep
    And for you Umiss lurkers .. I haven't seen your D but if have heard things and y'all have ONE guy that would start for us . Haynes and that is if he can beat out Gerri Green. Which would be a battle . And yes Leo is out there with the 1's So though ****ing shit. Fins up
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 08-18-2017 at 06:54 AM.

vCash
    Oh yeah baby!!!

vCash
    Esp happy to hear about Jordan Thomas and the TE/WR. That was my biggest worry.

I'm getting really excited. I'm glad we started earlier than everyone else. It gives us long to gel and mentally absorb the playbook. The progression of difficulty in the schedule should help too.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'm pumped.

vCash

vCash
    It has been my thought for awhile with the stockpiling of TEs that Dan is going for a Patriots type look. Now with Jordan Thomas moving around like that it kinda confirms that. Jordan Thomas our Gronk. I like it a lot! (Not saying we will be proficient as the Pats but I like it a lot)

vCash
    Really good stuff, Ari. Thanks, man!

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Oh yeah baby!!!

Imma need the link to the sports book that has our Win total O/U @ 5.5

vCash
    Excellent report! I like the news about Hill and Thomas especially. If Dan uses our TE's to compensate for our lack of length at WR, I'll be very happy. I'm good with Myles at PR as well.

vCash
    How did the kickers look?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Ari, are we waiting on an issue with another player similar to Cole and grades? Someone told me there may be one more having to redshirt.

Also heard Thomas may be lined up in backfield some. As in RB. I think we're fine there without him, but that would def be a load coming toward the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Also heard Thomas may be lined up in backfield some. As in RB. I think we're fine there without him, but that would def be a load coming toward the line.
    Earlier today I said--completely satirically and out of my ass--that he would line up in the wildcat.

vCash
    Is Jesse Jackson still working in the slot?

vCash
    I thought they were doing three scrimmages. This is only the second one right?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    If that's all true stories then we are going to be ready

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFDawg View Post
    Earlier today I said--completely satirically and out of my ass--that he would line up in the wildcat.
    Ha! I wonder if that's where this came from....this guy has someone close to the team, so he is usually pretty accurate. Same who told me about another player maybe having to redshirt like Cole due to juco grades not qualifying or transferring or whatever you call it.

vCash
    Thanks, Ari. Great stuff

Quick question though....you raved about the D and their depth, yet mentioned Hill & Gibson having long TD runs vs 2nd team D, and didn't really have much praise for the OL. So was the long TD runs due to good blocking or poor D? Also, I'm pumped to hear Fitz is throwing well...who do you see emerging from that WR group not named Gray?

Thanks again for the update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I think this was a dress rehearsal for depth chart.

As I said in an early thread. Hill won't redshirt. Started with the 2's tonight. And had a 60 yard TD ready against the 2's on D later in scrimmage
    Gibson also with a pretty long TD run.
    Fitz looked very good as usually. KT again doesn't look like a frosh. He can spin in tight windows for sure.
    In the best move I think in years, Jordan Thomas playing some WR and will play all over the field . Had a handful of catches on for a TD as did Jesse Jackson ( was with the 2's) a lot
    We are going to be better at WR than most think. Esp with Fitz being a better passer.
    Didn't see a lot of Gray, and Aries ( no need)
    Myles was main guy at punt return
    OL I guess was ok. Only one false start I think and one holding I think
    Can't really tell how they do because Hev is to busy Mother ****ing every breath.
    Jenkins held out but if it was game day would have played no issue .
    Reese will be fine at RT and will be very good before he leaves.
    Depth at Oline is the key just like it is everywhere else in CFB .

Def.
    night and day from last year. Staff is one huge reason
    Lots of Sunday guys on D
    Sweat had at least 3-4 sacks . He is playin on Sunday prob sooner than later
    Abrams didn't go but could have if game day
    JT finally in his natural position
    Cole would play a lot if not for redshirt . Will be a good one
    Front 7 is nasty . And very aggressive . And deep
    And for you Umiss lurkers .. I haven't seen your D but if have heard things and y'all have ONE guy that would start for us . Haynes and that is if he can beat out Gerri Green. Which would be a battle . And yes Leo is out there with the 1's So though ****ing shit. Fins up
    Feeling extra wooly!! Got to love pre-season practice or fall camp - the 4-6 weeks before the season kicks off: undefeated, unbeatable, All American's virtually at every position, ready to go 12-0, confidence is sky high...................but then the actual season really begins. Damn
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 08-18-2017 at 06:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Feeling extra wooly!! Got to love pre-season practice or fall camp - the 4-6 weeks before the season kicks off: undefeated, unbeatable, All American's virtually at every position, ready to go 12-0, confidence is sky high...................but then the actual season really begins. Damn
    You left off 3 wins ..
    15-0
    Damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Thanks, Ari. Great stuff

Quick question though....you raved about the D and their depth, yet mentioned Hill & Gibson having long TD runs vs 2nd team D, and didn't really have much praise for the OL. So was the long TD runs due to good blocking or poor D? Also, I'm pumped to hear Fitz is throwing well...who do you see emerging from that WR group not named Gray?

Thanks again for the update
    We aren't going to pitch shutouts but the D is much improved.
    I stay away from OL talk because of Hev. It's not worth the effort. But I think the starting 5 will be solid.
    WR from little I have seen during camp and from what I have been told outside the Gray Myles and Mixon it would be Jesse Jackson . He is finally healthy