Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Last Scrimage Notes

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Unlocked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I thought they were doing three scrimmages. This is only the second one right?
    Yes, typically we have 3 but Mullen said after the first scrimmage that we would only have 1 more.
    I took it to mean he was really satisfied with where we were after the first scrimmage.

vCash
    So Dear is officially out for the season?
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MStateDawg View Post
    Yes, typically we have 3 but Mullen said after the first scrimmage that we would only have 1 more.
    I took it to mean he was really satisfied with where we were after the first scrimmage.
    That or he is so worried about depth that he doesn't want to risk it*....trying to not get too wooly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual Underachiever View Post
    Imma need the link to the sports book that has our Win total O/U @ 5.5
    Bovada. Took it this morning

vCash
    A few photos from last night's scrimmage that I found interesting

Jordan Thomas appears a little leaner in the lower half & more athletic than he did last year

Kylin looks phenomenal. Freshmen usually don't look like this. The power & strength in his legs has upside

vCash
    Kylin looks like a monster for a freshman. I am not sure we have had a freshman RB look that physical in a while. Happy to hear the D should be better. If the D can play we have a chance to win some of the tougher games on the schedule for sure.

vCash
    I heard that Jordan Thomas's weight was down in the 260s this year
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Kylin looks like a freakin monster. Wow
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    I heard that Jordan Thomas's weight was down in the 260s this year
    Why is our future starting OT shedding pounds??!?!?!!!!*

(only one sarcasterick because only half joking).

vCash
    Think about Jordan Thomas split out wide especially in red zone. Matchup nightmare. To fast for a lb and to big for a cb or s. Gronk 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Think about Jordan Thomas split out wide especially in red zone. Matchup nightmare. To fast for a lb and to big for a cb or s. Gronk 2.0
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This.
    You can also attach him or put him in the slot and run him up the seam. Another matchup problem. I like it!

vCash
    Here's a little play that would be hard to defend. Trips to either side, Thomas on the inside, Mixon in slot, Gray on outside. RPO off zone read to aeris, Thomas runs the seam, mixon runs bubble, gray runs a 9 or dig depending on coverage. That would be hell to defend. That gives you 5 options

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You can also attach him or put him in the slot and run him up the seam. Another matchup problem. I like it!
    Hope we do this alot. I love using a receiving TE and TE Sets made to add a wrinkle to the coverages. Haven't seen too much of that on Saturdays of years of late.

vCash
    Can't wait to see the defense play.Last year watching arm tackles and whiffs was mind boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus View Post
    Can't wait to see the defense play.Last year watching arm tackles and whiffs was mind boggling.
    Did you see the Hail State page video of the defensive drill with Grantham? It's a must see. He's working those guys in all kinds of drills and coaching his ass off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus View Post
    I think if that happens as much this year Grantham will be in jail for murder

vCash
    Ok. Someone give me the lowdown on Jordan thomas. Is he faster than the avg 260 lb tight end? Why is everyone so wooly about him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Ok. Someone give me the lowdown on Jordan thomas. Is he faster than the avg 260 lb tight end? Why is everyone so wooly about him?
    Big body with really good hands.

Think about a low post player like Charles Barkley. At that size & with those hands, it's difficult to keep him from boxing you out & making a play