Quote Originally Posted by dawg21 View Post
I didn't know what to expect when we started at age 7. Now my son is 10 and I thought I'd share a few things for those that have kids or might be wondering.

1. We've been lucky- about 10 tourneys in the spring and a couple in the " fall"
2. So many tourneys in MS..you can can do this without too much travel
3. My kid has gotten so much better doing this- I can't imagine where he would be playing just league and all stars
4. There is a lot of good players in MS..it will only get better

I questioned this at first, but I advise parents and kids to at least try it if their child loves baseball.

I also advise just a few games in the fall..just light work.

Most of our experience has been good..only a few times where there were crazy coaches or parents.
It's that way with most things. Dance for example.

If there is a concern, it's the development of the human body at an early age. Certain things can harm kids creating damage that can not be undone. Certain pitches by youth will harm them due to not being fully developed.

I might add that the brain is not fully developed until about 26 and pot will cause permanent damage in younger developed brains.

Feet of a dancer... Same thing. no kid under the age of 13 should ever be on pointe'. It will harm them.

Need more examples?