Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon woodruff

vCash

Brandon woodruff

Ok baseball guys, how's he healing? Should he be good to go when the season starts?

vCash
    Butch told a buddy of mine that there were going to be some surprises this year. Guys thought to be sure SP's would be int the pen while some thought to sure fire bullpen arms would be SP's. thought that was interesting.

And yes Woody should be good to go
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    He is supposed to be back pitching in the spring. He will be rehabbing in the fall.

vCash
    He should be pitching by fall ball IMO -- unless we are just going over the top with the caution...

It was a 6-8 week rehab, I believe... Meaning he should be good to go now if there has been no setbacks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Butch told a buddy of mine that there were going to be some surprises this year. Guys thought to be sure SP's would be int the pen while some thought to sure fire bullpen arms would be SP's. thought that was interesting.

And yes Woody should be good to go
    Does that mean that Holder and Ross Mitchell may be in the rotation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 601Dawg View Post
    Does that mean that Holder and Ross Mitchell may be in the rotation?
    not sure- but it obviously means the rotation could look vastly different than we expect it to

vCash
    not sure- but it obviously means the rotation could look vastly different than we expect it to
    You have to think Fitts, Woody, and Lindgren were the logical top starting candidates among the returning players. My biggest concern is with Lindgren, but it would still be a surprise if he wasn't in the weekend rotation.

vCash
    My guess is he is referring to Fitts and Dakota Hudson. Fitts finished his summer strong. From where I sit, there was always going to be an odd man out among Woodruff, Fitts, Lindgren, Paul Young, and Hudson.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Lindgren in the pen. I like him as a starter, but I remember Cohen raving about him last fall as a relief pitcher. Then again, with as much as Cohen loves to play matchups, it's hard for me to imagine him not wanting a LH starter in the weekend rotation. Butch also could have been talking about Bracewell as a possible starter. Who knows?

We'll just have to wait and see in the fall.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 09-18-2013 at 04:30 PM.

vCash
    Woody's arm is fine. Expect him to go slow in fall. I think Lindgren will take Girodo's role, lefty match up and if he is on then long reliever. If true he may be referring to Ross as a starter. But Woody and Paul Young are in the rotation IMO, no matter what.

Banned
    vCash
    Lindgren will be a 1st round pick so I hope we maximize his innings. If it's innings 1-5 or 3-7 theoretically it doesn't matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Lindgren will be a 1st round pick .
    Only if he produces this year

Banned
    vCash
    Only if he produces this year
    Worst luck ever can't continue. FIP don' lie.

He's gonna destroy people this year Auburn series style.

vCash
    I heard Ross Mitchell was getting hip surgery and wouldn't be pitching at all this fall

vCash
    Right Ross is out but he don't need to prove himself. He just needs to get in shape.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Right Ross is out but he don't need to prove himself. He just needs to get in shape.
    And start the long relief innings.

Actually Ross starting and going 3-4 turning it over to Fitts might be the best usage. No mid inning balls in play with runners already on spots.

vCash
    Worst luck ever can't continue. FIP don' lie.

He's gonna destroy people this year Auburn series style.
    He has to learn how to field his position a little bit better. Some of his damage was self-inflicted. He will be better because he is more mature- whatever role he is in. Also, he looked a little bit out of shape to me- I'd like to see him improve that as well. He's had some health issues for us- and being in better shape may help with that as well. I think the Vanderbilt game he pitched in last year messed with his head some- his confidence just wasn't the same the rest of the year.

Jacob did really well in the Cape Cod League this summer- that's usually a good omen.

vCash
    Lindgren will be a 1st round pick so I hope we maximize his innings. If it's innings 1-5 or 3-7 theoretically it doesn't matter.
    I'm a huge lindgren fan but he won't be a first rounder. Great year or not. He was topping out at 91 on the cape. But I agree he's a big time guy. I do think he's the best pro on our staff so I guess I'm really agreeing w you.

vCash
    Like I said before, Butch is on cloud 9. He has brought in 10 new pitchers to a not so bad staff. He just has to develop them. This will be his most exciting fall. Lots if quality arms to choose from.

vCash
    And start the long relief innings.

Actually Ross starting and going 3-4 turning it over to Fitts might be the best usage. No mid inning balls in play with runners already on spots.
    Ross is lucky so we should not pitch him because he is due to suck**