Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nathaniel Watson Commitment Video

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree with the exception of 2 positions on the field.

Need alphas & arrogance at WR & CB. Not surprisingly, those are our two worst recruiting positions over the past 5 years.
    So you need to be arrogant to be your best at WR? I'm asking because I'm not understanding your correlation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    So you need to be arrogant to be your best at WR? I'm asking because I'm not understanding your correlation.
    Sorry, I worded that incorrectly.

You don't need to be arrogant or an alpha to be good at those positions. However, it just so happens that about 90% of the 4 stars or better at those positions tend to have those personality profiles & Bama gets most of the 10% left.

Therefore, in order for us to get elite players at those two positions, we have find a way to appeal to that type of mindset. If we don't, we end up with what we have this year. A solid team all the way around with a lower level power 5 WR unit & questionable profile at CB

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Really excited about this kid!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The hat flip/throw ceremony has gotten old anyway.
    The last hat throw was orcharstrated by none other than the int. HC at OM. Matt luke from what a boosters wife told.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You don't need to be arrogant or an alpha to be good at those positions. However, it just so happens that about 90% of the 4 stars or better at those positions tend to have those personality profiles & Bama gets most of the 10% left.
    I don't think CB & WR are more arrogant than other positions it's just that their 1 on 1 battles are out in the open so they get seen more by the common fan. So they get asked about that 1 on 1 matchup more by the media. RB & LB or DL & OL rarely ever get pure 1 on 1 matchups so it's hard for the media to spotlight that matchup all week so they don't get as much camera time. JMO. Don't really disagree with most everything else you wrote.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Could this be a 5 WR class? Watson is an athlete, Patterson is likely sign & place, Guidry is Juco, but add those 3 + Heath & hopefully Whop & that's 5 WRs for 2018 on paper. Talk about addressing a need

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    Could this be a 5 WR class? Watson is an athlete, Patterson is likely sign & place, Guidry is Juco, but add those 3 + Heath & hopefully Whop & that's 5 WRs for 2018 on paper. Talk about addressing a need
    Also have Nero Nelson and Gardner committed. Haven't heard anything about Nelson in a while

vCash
    Has anyone heard the name Cameron Jones from SHS?

vCash
    Welcome to the family!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Has anyone heard the name Cameron Jones from SHS?
    Yep. Kam will sign with a C-USA or Sun Belt school. He's a solid player.

vCash
    I don't think CB & WR are more arrogant than other positions it's just that their 1 on 1 battles are out in the open so they get seen more by the common fan. So they get asked about that 1 on 1 matchup more by the media. RB & LB or DL & OL rarely ever get pure 1 on 1 matchups so it's hard for the media to spotlight that matchup all week so they don't get as much camera time. JMO. Don't really disagree with most everything else you wrote.
    TO
    Chad OchoCinco
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Richard Sherman
    Josh Norman
    Deion Sanders
    Our very own Smooottt

I think most of the players that play those positions are cocky/flashy because of the nature of the one on one battles. Even Jerry Rice was pretty cocky. But I disagree- if you are someone like John Randle or even a JJ Watt who is flashy at another position the media will love those guys too. I could include Shannon Sharpe too as a TE although he was used like a WR a lot. The reason WR's and CB's get a lot of attention for their actions is because that is their mindset for the majority of them moreso than the other positions.

vCash
    That's probably best case scenario. I hope Patterson finds a way to qualify right away. I could see us getting Guidry and Whop but I also wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't work out too. If that happens, I think Cam Gardner will stay at WR potentially and could be pretty good there. If we clean up like you are saying- which I hope happens- then Gardner goes to TE.

Banned
    vCash
    People need to give up the ghost on Whop. He ain't coming. Guidry will be a nice pull though, and if we get him along with Heath / Watson / Murphy and maybe one more, that will be a more than adequate WR class.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 08-17-2017 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    TO
    Chad OchoCinco
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Richard Sherman
    Josh Norman
    Deion Sanders
    Our very own Smooottt

I think most of the players that play those positions are cocky/flashy because of the nature of the one on one battles. Even Jerry Rice was pretty cocky. But I disagree- if you are someone like John Randle or even a JJ Watt who is flashy at another position the media will love those guys too. I could include Shannon Sharpe too as a TE although he was used like a WR a lot. The reason WR's and CB's get a lot of attention for their actions is because that is their mindset for the majority of them moreso than the other positions.
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Calvin Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Darrell Green
    Rod Woodson
    Marvin Harrison
    Amari Cooper
    Chris Harris

You can name just as many humble great WR or CB. The flashy guys just get more attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    People need to give up the ghost on Whop. He ain't coming. Guidry will be a nice pull though, and if we get him along with Heath / Watson / Murphy and maybe one more, that will be a more than adequate WR class.
    You may have to eat those words.

Banned
    vCash
    You may have to eat those words.
    I sure hope so. But I've seen this story play out a hundred times before.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    There is a very good chance whop is going to b a bulldog
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    There is a very good chance whop is going to b a bulldog
    Based on history, I don't see it. But as stated above, I will be happy to be wrong.

vCash
    That was a really cool way to show his commitment. Welcome to the family!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!