Thread: LOIC Question

vCash

LOIC Question

Now that Bucky is out at TSUN, their fans seem to share the idea that he gets a show cause (before the firing, they insisted he would be cleared). However, they still think they will skate by the LOIC charges. Would Freeze getting a SC not make the LOIC pretty cut and dry? Also, I've seen many say the SA39 has changed his story 3 times, where is this coming from? I've only seen one story from him and that is in the NOA.

vCash
    After reading the NCAA's response to Ole Miss, one can only conclude that LOIC is a "slam-dunk". What was occurring within the Ole Miss athletic department defines LOIC.

vCash
    I think it's important to realize that 90% of them aren't really this dumb, but are just trying to hold out every ounce of hope that their football program will be saved by the white unicorn.

They don't really believe the LOIC will be dropped and they probably haven't really read the Leo case, testimony, or the reasons why some think he is lying. They are simply trying to save their football program and will latch onto any rumor or narrative possible, no matter how stupid or illogical, that has even the smallest chance of being the white unicorn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Now that Bucky is out at TSUN, their fans seem to share the idea that he gets a show cause (before the firing, they insisted he would be cleared). However, they still think they will skate by the LOIC charges. Would Freeze getting a SC not make the LOIC pretty cut and dry? Also, I've seen many say the SA39 has changed his story 3 times, where is this coming from? I've only seen one story from him and that is in the NOA.
    This whole investigation is a case study in Lack of Institutional Control. It literally should be required study for Compliance Directors to see exactly how you don't handle compliance.

From what I remember, the "3 different stories" involve the following:

All of this should be considered "supposedly" because I've never seen actual testimony transcripts that support this....

1. In one interview Leo said he got a "wad of cash". In another interview Leo said he got a "bag of cash".

2. In one interview Leo said he met with the booster at like 2pm. In another he said it was around 4pm.

I'm not even sure what "different story" #3 was, but as you can see from the first two, it was probably just as lame.

vCash
    FIELD GOAL *4 = OM continuing giving ILLEGAL BENEFITS while under investigation, OM not monitoring the coaches while under investigation, OM using the "wrong' forms before, during and probably after the investigation.... OM lied to the NCAA and continues to lie. OM placed a Coach who is mentioned in the NCAA NOA as Int. HC.... and then the best of all.... ONE CALL.... that's all.... (hahaha)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    FIELD GOAL *4 = OM continuing giving ILLEGAL BENEFITS while under investigation, OM not monitoring the coaches while under investigation, OM using the "wrong' forms before, during and probably after the investigation.... OM lied to the NCAA and continues to lie. OM placed a Coach who is mentioned in the NCAA NOA as Int. HC.... and then the best of all.... ONE CALL.... that's all.... (hahaha)
    Implicating Mr Hurt in a Carwreck, are we?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Are they facing LOIC or failure to monitor or both?

From NCAA website: http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/enfo...ocess-charging

What does it mean when an institution is found to have a lack of institutional control?
    A lack of institutional control is found when the Committee on Infractions determines that major violations occurred and the institution failed to display:

Adequate compliance measures.
    Appropriate education on those compliance measures.
    Sufficient monitoring to ensure the compliance measures are followed.
    Swift action upon learning of a violation.
    How is a lack-of-institutional-control violation different from a failure-to-monitor violation?
    A failure-to-monitor violation, although serious, is a separate and distinct violation that is considered less significant than a lack of institutional control. Violations resulting from a failure-to-monitor violation are usually limited in scope and do not involve the widespread inadequacies in rules-compliance systems and functions that are often found in lack-of-institutional-control cases.

Can individuals be charged with a lack of institutional control or failure to monitor?
    Yes. Coaches and staff members can be held personally responsible for failing to adequately monitor and exercise appropriate control over rules compliance in an athletics department or within a sport program. NCAA bylaws require head coaches to promote an atmosphere for compliance and to monitor the rules compliance of those who report to them.

vCash
    All you need on Leo's story is that he picked out the booster and the the booster's female assistant from photo lineups. He also accurately identified the three different vehicles that they used to visit him. They used their own vehicles instead of renting one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    All you need on Leo's story is that he picked out the booster and the the booster's female assistant from photo lineups. He also accurately identified the three different vehicles that they used to visit him. They used their own vehicles instead of renting one.
    One bad thing about all this is the network learned some valuable lessons on what not to do next time. And we all know there will be a next time.

vCash
    At best, they might skate on the Failure to Monitor charge that's associated with Freeze. Unfortunately, they didn't fire Freeze due to NCAA issues by Ross Bjork's own admission so I doubt that's going to help their case at all.

vCash
    Good God I thought we were past this.

-3 sports involved, with all 3 head coaches facing show causes.
    -consistent allegations over a 6 year period
    -50+ student athletes involved
    -14 boosters involved
    -8 football coaches facing potential show causes
    -2 football grad assistants named
    -1 football assistant(now head coach) named in Matt Luke(not facing show cause as of now)
    -Football Director of Media(Butgen) and a former assistant recruiting coordinator(Wenzel) named.
    -4 Third Party Business, with one being the university run hotel, the Inn at Ole Miss(not actually a third party business)
    -3 coaches from 2010 worked together to fix ACT scores, one of which is STILL on the OM staff in Derek Nix
    -Violations committed while under investigation, and after the first NOA was handed down, with many violations of the same nature recurring over many years.
    -Coaches texting boosters about paying recruits $10,000 in cash BEFORE signing day.
    -OM refused to fire any coaches until they were forced to.
    -OM lied to the public every step of the way, knowing good and well that the NCAA knew the truth and saw them lying.
    -Athletic Director and Head Football coach agreed to create a false narrative, blaming the previous coach for their own violations, so that they could trick the 2016 class into signing with OM.
    -OM leaked student athlete names from other schools, while protecting their own boosters who did the crimes.

I could go on. Also consider that the NCAA looked like a push over after Miami's lawyers beat them, causing the NCAA to drop Miami's LOIC. This led to the new penalty structure. OM thought they were cheating at the right time, but in reality it couldn't have come at a worse time. COI will not drop or downgrade a single allegation, the only thing that will be dropped is Ole Miss's soap.

vCash
    Tell it, DD!