Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: worst fans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I haven't been to all that many "away" games, but UK, Vandy, Georgia, and Auburn fans were fine when I went there. Went to the Florida game that we won about 5 years ago, and sat next to the student section. Many of them were drunk, but the ones we had any interaction with were fine ... no harrassment or anything. Alabama fans in general were neutral, but we sat in the lower deck once and some of their fans were throwning stuff down on us, and some of it could have done some damage (half filled plastic drink bottles, etc.)
    I have been to UK several times and had very little in annoying fans until last year. We were walking to the stadium hoping that we could possibly pull out a W to keep Birmingham bowl hope alive. Apparently since we have beaten them for so many years in a row, UK fans were extremely aggressive. The first time we had someone yell at us, we thought someone might have just drank too much of their fine Kentucky bourbon. Then about the 20th time, we decided that they apparently started hating us at some point. It was kind of odd. It was like if it was a rivalry game but we didn't know it. Then in the stands there was a group of about 10 guys that took off their shirts and was yelling at people. It was like if UK tried to copy how LSU acts. We are going back next year so I wonder if it was just a 1 year weird atmosphere.

Typically the shittiest fans go:
    1. Ole Miss - they have some type of self inflated ego and they throw whiskey bottles into the visitor section. The ego is definitely self inflated since I was tailgating with a UM fan and next to us was a 60 year old drinking Natty Light out of a styrofoam cooler and he was wearing an Ed Hardy bluejean jacket with a Dragon covering the entire back of the jacket. It was almost like it was a caricature of what you think a douchebag would look like. He didn't even have cold chicken fingers.

2. LSU - they are closer to having fun while giving you shit but they do pour drinks and/or piss off the upperdeck into the visitors section. For most of the walk to the stadium, you are getting harassed but in more of a giving you shit kind of way.

3. Bama - people kind of give you shit like they are looking down on you because you have no chance of winning. I haven't had the same kind of interactions in Tuscalooser but it does suck to have people yell at you from their house they pulled up for the game. I will say actual Bama fans that graduated from Bama hate the Walmart fans.

4. Arkansas fans in Little Rock - these are Ark version of Bama fans. They are complete trash, example our team bus getting vandalized. We went to Fayetteville, 2 years after going to LR and when any of their fans heard we went to LR they apologized. They hate the LR fans also. We probably got 7 different apologies so they are completely different fans. I did curse at some guys yelling at my wife and myself only to turn around and I then had to apologize to a woman with small children. I don't like losing my cool because of assholes.

Good fans:
    1. Auburn - I haven't had a bad experience except for in 99 when one of their fans was trying to get someone's cowbell taken up that was on our row. We passed the cowbell down the row so the guy didn't "have" a cowbell when the stadium police came to check. Other than that, nothing but good people.

2. Ark in Fayetteville - nothing but good talk and great food suggestions. Also apologies for LR assholes.

3. South Carolina - good folks except for one guy yelling at injured players to get off the field. This was before Lattimore so I would think USCe fans are sensitive to injured players now.

Kind of indifferent to UGA, Vandy, and UF. I was indifferent to UK prior to last year. I have never been to games at UT, A&M, or Mizzou.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I have been to almost every school in the SEC for some type of sporting event. The only one I've never been to and refuse to go to is OM. I don't even like driving through Lafayette County. That being said, every school has good and bad fans... even us.

I've had great times in Baton Rouge and Athens. I have many LSU and Georgia friends. Once I saw an LSU fan jerk a knot in another fellow LSU fan's butt for being rude to an opposing fan.

USM fans can be pretty volatile. They want to be in the SEC soooo bad. Definitely a little man/little brother syndrome as someone else here pointed out.

I remember the Ohio State mom causing a riot in the Dome terrace when they played Bama a few years ago.

Overall, I have been lucky and had good times with good people everywhere I've been. But OM can get 17ed.

That was a Bama mom attacking OU fans.

I nominate Clemson fans from the 99 Peach Bowl. There were a lot of tears on the Metro after that game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I have been to almost every school in the SEC for some type of sporting event. The only one I've never been to and refuse to go to is OM. I don't even like driving through Lafayette County. That being said, every school has good and bad fans... even us.

I've had great times in Baton Rouge and Athens. I have many LSU and Georgia friends. Once I saw an LSU fan jerk a knot in another fellow LSU fan's butt for being rude to an opposing fan.

USM fans can be pretty volatile. They want to be in the SEC soooo bad. Definitely a little man/little brother syndrome as someone else here pointed out.

I remember the Ohio State mom causing a riot in the Dome terrace when they played Bama a few years ago.

Overall, I have been lucky and had good times with good people everywhere I've been. But OM can get 17ed.
    Most schools have more good fans than bad but UM's do bad shit at a high level. I have had a drink thrown at me and I saw a girl get taken out on a stretcher from a whiskey bottle hitting her in the head. Most bad fans do dumb shit but UM actually takes it up a notch to random assault.

vCash
    Ole Miss fans are the worst. There's no debate on this. I suspect they will get a little more docile in the coming few years.

Arkansas fans in Little Rock suck. The ones in Fayetteville are awesome. It's amazing...it's like two different worlds.

Alabama fans are arrogant but they've earned the right to be. It makes their tears sweeter when they get beaten, though.

LSU fans get a bad rap. They're gonna give you grief, but they're also going to feed you and make you feel welcome. I've never had a bad time in BR.

Auburn fans are most similar to MSU as a fanbase. The Cam saga changed things a little, but overall that's my favorite road game to make. Georgia is a close second....great stadium and mostly polite folks.

Two of my least favorite road trips were Florida and Tennessee. Both of their stadium experiences are overrated and both fanbases suck. They deserve each other.

South Carolina fans are pretty cool. Kentucky fans are OK as long as they are losing.

A&M fans are weird but very nice. That trip is usually a good time.

Vanderbilt fans are snobby but friendly. They're much more hostile at baseball games.

USM fans aren't too bad. They come in loud and obnoxious, but they leave quietly. Memphis fans are the funniest....they're like chihuahuas....they will bark their asses off but run and hide at the first sign of trouble.

vCash
    I see a lot of you mention Auburn's fans. I had always heard that they were some of the friendliest. I don't know first hand. This season will be my first trip to Jordan-Hare. As an example I was told that at least outside at the tailgate they were very hospitable. Walk up an introduce yourself and you'll be drinking free beer with a plate full of free food.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    West Virginia and UCF tie. Both had some of the ugliest, most foul mouthed and complaining fans I have ever encountered.

Regional award has to go to USM, though. They fail to see the death spiral their entire university is in, and love to talk about all time records, Favre and the 90's. The nostalgia is very Ole Miss like, but it's the 90's instead of the 60's, and it has a little brother syndrome attached to it.
    Damn, I forgot about West Virginia. I was in NOLA for New Years they year they played the Gators in the Sugar Bowl as the #3 team in the country (1993). They were so obnoxious pre-game I started rooting for the Gators big time. WV got their asses handed to them, and I don't think WV has been the same since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post

That was a Bama mom attacking OU fans.

I nominate Clemson fans from the 99 Peach Bowl. There were a lot of tears on the Metro after that game
    Thank you for correcting me. My memory was OSU v Bama for some reason.

vCash
    How is Vandy not getting destroyed in this thread? Maybe they've toned it down, or maybe it's because we haven't been good in basketball in a while, but they were the absolute worst 15 years ago. Didn't one of them have a sign at a game about Lawrence Roberts being a murderer after the he transferred here from Baylor? I remember hearing stories about them yelling all kinds of vile things at basketball games in the early 2000's. Then there's the whistler at baseball games. He's the most obnoxious fan in all of sports. Interacting with Vandy people outside of sports venues is also miserable. Every one I've ever known was a condescending asshole.

Sidewalk Alabama fans are also some of the worst to be around, and I'm talking about mmy family in a few cases. They live in trailers, never went to college, work low-paying construction jobs, know 2 buildings on campus (Bryant Denny and Denny Chimes... #3 would be Coleman Coliseum if they happen to know 3), and have a superiority complex because Alabama wins football games. It's really weird.

In the 90's, I got flipped off by an LSU grandmother when I was leaving a game against them. We were walking up the road between the Dude and the Hump, and she was at the top of the right field bleachers and just started yelling at us unprovoked. When we looked up, she started flipping us off. That was my favorite obnoxious fan interaction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordrjones View Post
    How is Vandy not getting destroyed in this thread? Maybe they've toned it down, or maybe it's because we haven't been good in basketball in a while, but they were the absolute worst 15 years ago. Didn't one of them have a sign at a game about Lawrence Roberts being a murderer after the he transferred here from Baylor? I remember hearing stories about them yelling all kinds of vile things at basketball games in the early 2000's. Then there's the whistler at baseball games. He's the most obnoxious fan in all of sports. Interacting with Vandy people outside of sports venues is also miserable. Every one I've ever known was a condescending asshole.

Sidewalk Alabama fans are also some of the worst to be around, and I'm talking about mmy family in a few cases. They live in trailers, never went to college, work low-paying construction jobs, know 2 buildings on campus (Bryant Denny and Denny Chimes... #3 would be Coleman Coliseum if they happen to know 3), and have a superiority complex because Alabama wins football games. It's really weird.

In the 90's, I got flipped off by an LSU grandmother when I was leaving a game against them. We were walking up the road between the Dude and the Hump, and she was at the top of the right field bleachers and just started yelling at us unprovoked. When we looked up, she started flipping us off. That was my favorite obnoxious fan interaction.
    I haven't went to an away game in basketball or baseball (except for last year at UGA for baseball). All my interactions are based on football and when I went to Vandy it was prior to Franklin actually making them care. At the time, they had zero passion for anything but maybe basketball. I figure they were similar to UK where they only cared about basketball.

vCash
    Quick glance it seems OM & LSU are a common theme.
    Other than that it seems to be who you happen to encounter.

Wonder if I'm looking for Au fans misbehaving because of how bad the individual incident was?
    Confirmation bias is a powerful thing.
    Group of 4 25 to 35 year old men almost accosting my 68 to 70 year old mom behind Hilbun. She said "Hope y'all have a good time".
    First words were "We're gonna beat the 17 out of y'all today". They thought she was alone.

Banned
    vCash
    Vandy isn't getting destroyed because most people just think football in threads like these and Vandy/Kentucky have been the only two football programs shittier than MSU from 2001-Mullen so they don't have a bunch of assholes driving into Starkville trying to act like badasses. Also we only play them once every 7 years right now so add that to them being shitty with no fans and they get ignored in threads like this. We did have a pretty decent rivalry with them in basketball with Stansbury. Piece of shit gym needs to be blown up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post

Arkansas fans in Little Rock suck. The ones in Fayetteville are awesome. It's amazing...it's like two different worlds.
    They are a lot different geographically and culturally too. Little Rock fans seem to just want to get drunk and go see a football game, they're upset now that we're ending the games in LR.

LSU fans are the worst I've come across, at least their message board fans. Kentucky in basketball are pretty insufferable too. I don't usually mind Alabama fans.

vCash
    I agree that Ole Miss fans are the worst. It's like they have an identity crisis and can't decide of they're going to be arrogant like Alabama or assholes like LSU. They'll flip you off and throw bottles at you. Thank God the two times I went there for a game was 1996 and 1998 and we won both because I don't want to know how bad it can get if we lose.

I think Alabama fans are worse now than LSU fans. That has shifted some since Saban came along. If you go there, they will talk crap- but at least they won't throw bottles at you and I've never been flipped off by one of their fans before.

Arkansas fans in Little Rock. As others have said, it's weird how different they are than the fans in Fayetteville. I have no clue why more of the nice fans in Fayetteville don't go to games in Little Rock and by the same token I have no idea why the Little Rock fans don't go to games in Fayetteville.

I have gone to several MSU/LSU games over the years and it has gotten better. I am convinced that the reason for most of the problems was simply because of a lack of security more than anything. The reason I say that is because the first time I went there, I got flipped off, mooned, and had bottles thrown at me. This was 1998. Have been going to games there since 2004 and have not had the same problems minus a couple of people yelling "Tiger Bait" at me. If you can even consider that a problem- which I don't.

Florida the year Tim Tebow was with them had some obnoxious sidewalk fans. I remember having to get an usher to kick out one of them at Davis Wade because he got in the face of a kid who was about 10 years old and started cussing at him in his face. The kids Dad was about to kill the guy. I've been to Florida, and they're not great but not too bad.

I've heard some things about Georgia but I don't remember having any problems when I went. All I remember was the place reeked with beer. So, not too bad.

No problems at Auburn in 1999 or 2007 that I can recall either. The worst thing there was the parking situation.

Same with Tennessee in Knoxville when I went.

I went to Vandy the year that they were making fun of our JUCO guys and it was kind of intense for them...I guess. I went back a few years later and had no problems.

Kentucky fans were OK, no problems there. One guy said something to me at South Carolina and that was it so pretty much no problems there either.

USM a couple of years ago wasn't bad. Possibly because they expected us to blow them out.

Tulane was fun- it was like a bowl game. I remember a Tulane fan told me that he had never seen anyone bring that many fans to one of their games before. No problems with any of their fans- probably because we outnumbered them.

Memphis is a fun trip to that's kind of like a bowl game as well. I remember the last time we played them there we were destroying them and this Memphis fan lost his temper and started flipping us off and yelling at us. We laughed at him.

vCash
    I've never had a problem with anyone but OM fans. I think at the '92 game in Oxford was the worst experience. LSU fans generally give the Tiger Bait chant, but usually let up if you are a good sport. I have been to a number of games at LSU and never had serious issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    1. Alabama
    Most have not been within a 100 mile radius of a college campus in their life,,,,straight out of the single wide. Plus, in the early 80's I got arrested for being in a fight in their stands during a game. A drunk student would not leave me alone, and after repeated request to stop, I cracked his head with my cowbell. Note: the cowbell made it through the ordeal just find after hitting his hard head, and is displayed in my office and at all tailgates. (It is free of charge to come, look, and admire the bell)

2. Ole Piss
    Another group that displays their culture of the trailerhood. Self absorbed, arrogant, and delusional about their team, campus, and their history. Enough said! Note: I often say that the only time one could possibly like OM is if they need a Dr. or a Lawyer,,,,and there other schools' alumni that can offer those services.

3. UCF (Outside the SEC). After the Liberty Bowl defeat, all of their fans that we encountered were awful with what they were yelling at our fans, no matter what the age of State fans (Kids and Elders). Also, it was their coach that said that State should be replaced in the SEC, because they were a bigger and better school.

I have always said that hate is a strong, vile word and action,,,,,,but I hate Bama and Ole Miss.
    UCF haha they really were awful. They talked so much shit on beale street the night before but none were out the night of the game.

vCash
    Florida.

End of discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    UCF haha they really were awful. They talked so much shit on beale street the night before but none were out the night of the game.
    As far as bowl games go, I agree. I remember one of them was complaining about our cowbells and how they could be used as weapons. The guy was holding a sword. He stopped after I pointed that out to him.

vCash
    As a Bammer:

1) OM, when they win at home... or come within 2 scores is even worse....
    2) AU the only time I've witnessed homicide(s) related to football...
    3) LSU, but they are really fun after being assholes and will still drink a beer with ya....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    LSU--by far the worst.
    Miss Southern--those polyester wearing Mullet Heads can be very annoying.
    Ole Miss-well do we need to explain?
    Bama--the ones that actually attended the school are not that bad-but the butt-hole band-wagon jumpers will cause you to get in a fight.

vCash
    I do NOT like MSU Fans who sell their TICKETS to Ole Miss fans..
    98% of the OM Fans are drunk when they get inside the stadium.
    If it happens this year they will find themselves downtown in the county jail......

GO TO HELL OLE MISS.......