Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worst fans?

vCash

worst fans?

For some reason at 3:30 this morning, I started thinking about this.

Who are the worst fans you've encountered? Mine below.

Worst individual behavior at a games:
    1. Auburn 2. Ole Miss 3. MSU 4. TN 5. UGA 6. GTech 7. Vandy
    Statistically I've seen so many more MSU fans, so it's not really valid to have us in there.

Worst fan base as a group at games:
    1. Ole Miss 2. Auburn 3. TN 4. nobody else really registers with me as a group
    Ole Miss is a Bell curve of awful. 25% of there fans at least are obnoxious in some way.
    Auburn is a power series. 98% are fine, 1.9% are obnoxious, .1% need a little jail time or a new hobby.

Worst fan base in real life:
    1. Bama 2. Auburn 3. Ole Miss
    Guess where I live.

For teams I've attended multiple games with, I've never had an overly obnoxious encounter at games with fans of:
    Bama, LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, USM, Memphis, or A&M

This would make an actually interesting Master's thesis.

vCash
    LSU will win this contest hands down, although I personally don't think they deserve. You just have to know how to dish it back when you're down there.

Ole Miss, Bama, UT, LSU, Ark, & UF are all obnoxious. A UGA fan keyed my truck several years ago when we beat them. Every fan base has their "special" ones.

vCash
    1. Alabama
    Most have not been within a 100 mile radius of a college campus in their life,,,,straight out of the single wide. Plus, in the early 80's I got arrested for being in a fight in their stands during a game. A drunk student would not leave me alone, and after repeated request to stop, I cracked his head with my cowbell. Note: the cowbell made it through the ordeal just find after hitting his hard head, and is displayed in my office and at all tailgates. (It is free of charge to come, look, and admire the bell)

2. Ole Piss
    Another group that displays their culture of the trailerhood. Self absorbed, arrogant, and delusional about their team, campus, and their history. Enough said! Note: I often say that the only time one could possibly like OM is if they need a Dr. or a Lawyer,,,,and there other schools' alumni that can offer those services.

3. UCF (Outside the SEC). After the Liberty Bowl defeat, all of their fans that we encountered were awful with what they were yelling at our fans, no matter what the age of State fans (Kids and Elders). Also, it was their coach that said that State should be replaced in the SEC, because they were a bigger and better school.

I have always said that hate is a strong, vile word and action,,,,,,but I hate Bama and Ole Miss.

vCash
    Wake Forest fans during the MCB were some of the biggest dicks I've encountered, however, none come close to LSU. They have multiple fans thrown out of Davis Wade every time they come. Auburn had some of the most hospitable fans I've ever seen.

Banned
    vCash
    The worst of the worst reside outside the SEC

vCash
    Don't leave out Gator fans. Of course ole missy fans just piss me off for being here,

vCash
    I'll place it in terms of my experience AT games -

In the Lead and can't be touched - OM
    - Whiskey bottles thrown at you walking into the Vaught PREGAME in '92 will leave and impression.

1) TN - anyone who was at the '94 game knows this - they are hands down the worst losers on the planet. They whine and bitch about everything and seem like they have never expected to lose. Worst of all was pre-game. They rolled in and tried to takeover - crashing tailgate locations, having their damn toothless ankle biters playing football in the middle of tents and grills, told you to **** off if you asked them to move. That was by far my worst visiting fan experience ever. Of course, this opinion is a little out of date because they have lost so much over the past 15 years, but damn, I almost felt like we lost that game I was so miserable when I got back to my apartment.

2) UGA - Their folks who travel to away games are ok - but go to a game in Athens. Growing up in GA, I have been in Athens for 2 dozen or so games going back to 1981. I'd say on 20 out of 24 or so trips, someone in my group got into a fight with an UGA fan. The fights have run the gamut from GT vs. UGA, AU vs. UGA, MSU vs. UGA, and UGA vs UGA. And these weren't drunken frat boys - they were middle class to upper middle class adults drunk as shit brawling about the damn stupidest shit. I've seen fights about kids leaning against someone's car, I saw a fight about a tailgate location set up, I seen their women fight each other about a parking space. And god forbid they lose in Athens, then the bitching and moaning starts - fire Dooley he's too old, fire Richt he can't coach, and on and on and on and on.

3) TIE - GT and USM - these two fan bases are small in size, and have major "little brother" syndromes. They are terrible if they win. I call Tech fans "Techmites" - you never know they are there, but if they win, they come out of the woodwork and annoy the shit out of you. USM seem about like that too.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 08-16-2017 at 07:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Wake Forest fans during the MCB were some of the biggest dicks I've encountered, however, none come close to LSU. They have multiple fans thrown out of Davis Wade every time they come. Auburn had some of the most hospitable fans I've ever seen.
    I've always liked AU fans - up until Cam. They are a lot like us, but that Cam thing put up a barrier to liking them again that I haven't quite gotten over. If Fitz or Key leads us to a Natty I might get over that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    LSU will win this contest hands down, although I personally don't think they deserve. You just have to know how to dish it back when you're down there.

Ole Miss, Bama, UT, LSU, Ark, & UF are all obnoxious. A UGA fan keyed my truck several years ago when we beat them. Every fan base has their "special" ones.
    I haven't been to all that many "away" games, but UK, Vandy, Georgia, and Auburn fans were fine when I went there. Went to the Florida game that we won about 5 years ago, and sat next to the student section. Many of them were drunk, but the ones we had any interaction with were fine ... no harrassment or anything. Alabama fans in general were neutral, but we sat in the lower deck once and some of their fans were throwning stuff down on us, and some of it could have done some damage (half filled plastic drink bottles, etc.)

vCash
    Bama fans hands down outside of a game. The actual Bama fans at the game are pretty normal people. LSU fans at the game are pretty bad, especially if they are winning. Once the start getting beat, Tiger stadium emptys real fast. UT fans used to be the biggest douches but since they have sucked for so long they have toned down. Ole Miss fans, just annoying.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    1. Alabama
    Most have not been within a 100 mile radius of a college campus in their life,,,,straight out of the single wide. Plus, in the early 80's I got arrested for being in a fight in their stands during a game. A drunk student would not leave me alone, and after repeated request to stop, I cracked his head with my cowbell. Note: the cowbell made it through the ordeal just find after hitting his hard head, and is displayed in my office and at all tailgates. (It is free of charge to come, look, and admire the bell)

2. Ole Piss
    Another group that displays their culture of the trailerhood. Self absorbed, arrogant, and delusional about their team, campus, and their history. Enough said! Note: I often say that the only time one could possibly like OM is if they need a Dr. or a Lawyer,,,,and there other schools' alumni that can offer those services.

3. UCF (Outside the SEC). After the Liberty Bowl defeat, all of their fans that we encountered were awful with what they were yelling at our fans, no matter what the age of State fans (Kids and Elders). Also, it was their coach that said that State should be replaced in the SEC, because they were a bigger and better school.

I have always said that hate is a strong, vile word and action,,,,,,but I hate Bama and Ole Miss.
    I agree wholeheartedly with 1 and 2 except I would put Ole Miss first because I've hated them longer.
    I went to the 2012 game in Tuscaloosa and didn't meet anyone that wasn't a dickhead. We had trouble getting a seat/served in two restaurants because we were wearing State gear. I offer less hospitality to Bama fans that come to games in Starkville than I do Ole Miss fans.
    LSU fans that come to Starkville to games are much worse than most you encounter in Baton Rouge in my opinion. They don't know how to act at away games. If you go to Tiger Stadium you just have to take some of their shit and then give it back to them. If you do that most of them will feed you and give you drinks. When we won in 2014 we didn't have to deal with any fans after the game because those guys clear out of there in record time after a loss.

vCash
    It's Tennessee and it's not close. LSU fans get a bad wrap. I've always had a great time in BR

vCash
    When I was working as a security supervisor for our home games, only LSU fans threatened to kick the crap out of me for not letting them ride in my golf cart.

GT fans at the Orange Bowl were screaming at mine and my brothers dates so much and so loud I had to drag my brother out and leave the game before he fought their whole section. Not playful ribbing either, legitimately mean stuff for no reason that goes beyond normal fandom.

Other than that, the only other thing that sticks out was leaving the 2014 @Bama game and having the sidewalk rednecks taunt me in super hick accents. I giggled a bit each time because I couldn't take them seriously. My dad and uncle preferred the, "Oh? When did you graduate?" approach. It wasn't any one incident- it was just the sheer frequency across the mile long walk back to the car. The people in the stadium were polite, if elitest, but I suppose Bama has earned that reputation.
    Last edited by BulldogDX55; 08-16-2017 at 08:09 AM.

vCash
    LSU...by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Well hopefully you just said.. Hey your ****ing Wake Forest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    When I was working as a security supervisor for our home games, only LSU fans threatened to kick the crap out of me for not letting them ride in my golf cart.

GT fans at the Orange Bowl were screaming at mine and my brothers dates so much and so loud I had to drag my brother out and leave the game before he fought their whole section. Not playful ribbing either, legitimately mean stuff for no reason that goes beyond normal fandom.

Other than that, the only other thing that sticks out was leaving the 2014 @Bama game and having the sidewalk rednecks taunt me in super hick accents. I giggled a bit each time because I couldn't take them seriously. My dad and uncle preferred the, "Oh? When did you graduate?" approach. It wasn't any one incident- it was just the sheer frequency across the mile long walk back to the car. The people in the stadium were polite, if elitest, but I suppose Bama has earned that reputation.
    Tech students can get really out of hand - must be some sort of pent up nerd rage. When my sister was in high school, our marching band went to Band Day at Tech. My parents chaperoned so I was a tagalong little brother. Damn Pikes at Tech came running down the street smacking high school band kids with rolled up newspapers trying to knock their shakos off their heads and make them break ranks. Band leader was pissed. My Dad grabbed one of those skinny Pikes by the arm, put on his best Road Warrior voice, and proceeded to scare the shit out him. Told him he had 3 minutes to gather his asshole buddies and come apologize to the kids or hell was coming to the Pike house. Damned if those nerdy little shits didn't come back and apologize.

vCash
    West Virginia and UCF tie. Both had some of the ugliest, most foul mouthed and complaining fans I have ever encountered.

Regional award has to go to USM, though. They fail to see the death spiral their entire university is in, and love to talk about all time records, Favre and the 90's. The nostalgia is very Ole Miss like, but it's the 90's instead of the 60's, and it has a little brother syndrome attached to it.
    Last edited by SouthMSDog; 08-16-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added Southern Miss

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    1) TN - anyone who was at the '94 game knows this - they are hands down the worst losers on the planet. They whine and bitch about everything and seem like they have never expected to lose. Worst of all was pre-game. They rolled in and tried to takeover - crashing tailgate locations, having their damn toothless ankle biters playing football in the middle of tents and grills, told you to **** off if you asked them to move. That was by far my worst visiting fan experience ever. Of course, this opinion is a little out of date because they have lost so much over the past 15 years, but damn, I almost felt like we lost that game I was so miserable when I got back to my apartment.
    Nope it's still current. Tennessee fans are terrible. Kentucky basketball fans are ****ing horrendous too but if I am ranking the 4 worst SEC fanbases here goes.

1. LSU spend an hour on SEC Rant if you need any evidence
    2. Auburn you'd think they were Bama with how cocky and delusional this fanbase is
    3. Ole Narcissistic Miss no more words needed
    4. Tennessee not quite as delusional as Auburn but go to Neyland stadium sometime and just listen to 100,000 bright Nascar orange fans cry and whine over every single call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    West Virginia and UCF tie. Both had some of the ugliest, most foul mouthed and complaining fans I have ever encountered.
    Agree, UCF was surprisingly bad.

vCash
    I have been to almost every school in the SEC for some type of sporting event. The only one I've never been to and refuse to go to is OM. I don't even like driving through Lafayette County. That being said, every school has good and bad fans... even us.

I've had great times in Baton Rouge and Athens. I have many LSU and Georgia friends. Once I saw an LSU fan jerk a knot in another fellow LSU fan's butt for being rude to an opposing fan.

USM fans can be pretty volatile. They want to be in the SEC soooo bad. Definitely a little man/little brother syndrome as someone else here pointed out.

I remember the Ohio State mom causing a riot in the Dome terrace when they played Bama a few years ago.

Overall, I have been lucky and had good times with good people everywhere I've been. But OM can get 17ed.