Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I haven't been to all that many "away" games, but UK, Vandy, Georgia, and Auburn fans were fine when I went there. Went to the Florida game that we won about 5 years ago, and sat next to the student section. Many of them were drunk, but the ones we had any interaction with were fine ... no harrassment or anything. Alabama fans in general were neutral, but we sat in the lower deck once and some of their fans were throwning stuff down on us, and some of it could have done some damage (half filled plastic drink bottles, etc.)
I have been to UK several times and had very little in annoying fans until last year. We were walking to the stadium hoping that we could possibly pull out a W to keep Birmingham bowl hope alive. Apparently since we have beaten them for so many years in a row, UK fans were extremely aggressive. The first time we had someone yell at us, we thought someone might have just drank too much of their fine Kentucky bourbon. Then about the 20th time, we decided that they apparently started hating us at some point. It was kind of odd. It was like if it was a rivalry game but we didn't know it. Then in the stands there was a group of about 10 guys that took off their shirts and was yelling at people. It was like if UK tried to copy how LSU acts. We are going back next year so I wonder if it was just a 1 year weird atmosphere.

Typically the shittiest fans go:
1. Ole Miss - they have some type of self inflated ego and they throw whiskey bottles into the visitor section. The ego is definitely self inflated since I was tailgating with a UM fan and next to us was a 60 year old drinking Natty Light out of a styrofoam cooler and he was wearing an Ed Hardy bluejean jacket with a Dragon covering the entire back of the jacket. It was almost like it was a caricature of what you think a douchebag would look like. He didn't even have cold chicken fingers.

2. LSU - they are closer to having fun while giving you shit but they do pour drinks and/or piss off the upperdeck into the visitors section. For most of the walk to the stadium, you are getting harassed but in more of a giving you shit kind of way.

3. Bama - people kind of give you shit like they are looking down on you because you have no chance of winning. I haven't had the same kind of interactions in Tuscalooser but it does suck to have people yell at you from their house they pulled up for the game. I will say actual Bama fans that graduated from Bama hate the Walmart fans.

4. Arkansas fans in Little Rock - these are Ark version of Bama fans. They are complete trash, example our team bus getting vandalized. We went to Fayetteville, 2 years after going to LR and when any of their fans heard we went to LR they apologized. They hate the LR fans also. We probably got 7 different apologies so they are completely different fans. I did curse at some guys yelling at my wife and myself only to turn around and I then had to apologize to a woman with small children. I don't like losing my cool because of assholes.

Good fans:
1. Auburn - I haven't had a bad experience except for in 99 when one of their fans was trying to get someone's cowbell taken up that was on our row. We passed the cowbell down the row so the guy didn't "have" a cowbell when the stadium police came to check. Other than that, nothing but good people.

2. Ark in Fayetteville - nothing but good talk and great food suggestions. Also apologies for LR assholes.

3. South Carolina - good folks except for one guy yelling at injured players to get off the field. This was before Lattimore so I would think USCe fans are sensitive to injured players now.

Kind of indifferent to UGA, Vandy, and UF. I was indifferent to UK prior to last year. I have never been to games at UT, A&M, or Mizzou.