Thread: Biggest homefield advantage per Chris Doering

vCash

Biggest homefield advantage per Chris Doering

1. LSU
    2. Tennessee
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Mississippi State

vCash
    I will say that when we play Florida- where Doering used to play- we typically play them pretty well in Starkville. I don't believe Spurrier ever beat us in Starkville when he was their head coach.

vCash
    Why did he only rank 4 of the SEC's teams?

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Chris Doering is a hybrid between a prick and an idiot. I think he is trying to follow the Colin Cowherd model of being a shock jock that pisses people off to get famous.

There are many things wrong with his list. How is Alabama not on the list when they have only lost at home a handful of times in a decade? And I guess he put A&M on because of their 12th man tradition but I think they have a losing SEC record inn their home field since joining.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    1. LSU
    2. Tennessee
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Mississippi State
    Here is the correct list:

1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) Everyone else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Chris Doering is a hybrid between a prick and an idiot. I think he is trying to follow the Colin Cowherd model of being a shock jock that pisses people off to get famous.

There are many things wrong with his list. How is Alabama not on the list when they have only lost at home a handful of times in a decade? And I guess he put A&M on because of their 12th man tradition but I think they have a losing SEC record inn their home field since joining.
    A few days ago I heard a stat from bo bounds about Texas a&m. They have a losing record at home v. Sec teams since joining the sec. it was a crazy stat like 6-13 or something mind boggling that they haven't take advantage of home field advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Why did he only rank 4 of the SEC's teams?
    Because he went to Florida and can't count higher?

I hate to give credit to Bama for anything but they've got to be on this list and I would put them #1. Nobody goes into Bryant-Denny thinking they are going to win. It takes someone so dumb (Manziel) that they are too stupid to be intimidated or someone even dumber (Kiffin) to quit running the ball when Ole Miss couldn't stop his grandmother for Bama to lose at home.

I do think we deserve to be on the list because I think our crowds surprise people that have never been to Davis Wade and we get a lot of comments from players, coaches, and commentators about our crowd support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Here is the correct list:

1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) Everyone else
    I don't think he is saying which stadium is hardest to win at, but who has the biggest home advantage compared to their road performance. Bama is going to kick the crap out of whoever they are playing, regardless of location. With us, I recall nearly a decade ago when some person on the rant or another site was pulling up some advanced metrics that showed we were one of the top teams in the country historically in our home performances. Now, he was trying to use that as an argument to ban the bells, but his numbers were accurate.

Or the guy is dumb. I will take any positive press I can get though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I don't think he is saying which stadium is hardest to win at, but who has the biggest home advantage compared to their road performance. Bama is going to kick the crap out of whoever they are playing, regardless of location. With us, I recall nearly a decade ago when some person on the rant or another site was pulling up some advanced metrics that showed we were one of the top teams in the country historically in our home performances. Now, he was trying to use that as an argument to ban the bells, but his numbers were accurate.

Or the guy is dumb. I will take any positive press I can get though.
    There's a lot of "right" in this post.

My personal list would have LSU and Auburn in the conversation... and while Bammer's advantage has increased exponentially over the past decade, I'm not sure I'd have them at #1... top 3rd, prolly...

No.

vCash
    Eat it Tusk

vCash
    I've been to many games at A&M, and their stadium while large, is not that intimidating. They are more into the organized cheers and yells, than being loud and intimidating. They are good people for the most part too. The top portions of the endzone seating is so far from the field, that you do not even feel connected to the game when seated there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I've been to many games at A&M, and their stadium while large, is not that intimidating. They are more into the organized cheers and yells, than being loud and intimidating. They are good people for the most part too. The top portions of the endzone seating is so far from the field, that you do not even feel connected to the game when seated there.
    Agree 100%.

1) LSU
    2) BAMA
    3) Jurdan Hay-ur
    4) Swamp

Honestly, 2 and 3 may be switched but I just can't bring myself to do it. Screw *U.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Eat it Tusk
    They don't give out Krystal Eggs for the NC anymore....

SWIDT?

No.