Thread: Very interesting read

vCash

Very interesting read

Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    I agree they should be limited.

Unlimited staff sizes make the barrier to entry into winning in college football larger and protect the big and powerful from failure.

The corporation that Alabama has set up in its football offices is almost fail proof. So many things have to go wrong for them to lose a game.

At this point, Bama has over 100 people working in the football offices with experienced, off field coaches game planning weeks in advance and an ex- NFL GM game planning and evaluating recruits on film.

It's damn near fail proof and has been the number reason IMO for SEC coaching attrition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree they should be limited.

Unlimited staff sizes make the barrier to entry into winning in college football larger and protect the big and powerful from failure.

The corporation that Alabama has set up in its football offices is almost fail proof. So many things have to go wrong for them to lose a game.

At this point, Bama has over 100 people working in the football offices with experienced, off field coaches game planning weeks in advance and an ex- NFL GM game planning and evaluating recruits on film.

It's damn near fail proof and has been the number reason IMO for SEC coaching attrition.
    Damn, Bama is a machine. That's just unreal.

vCash
    Yes Yes Yes it needs to be limited. It is a huge competitive advantage to to be able to do what Bama does (and others). Our website shows a staff of 23 - I would bet it is closer to 30 when you include strength staff, equipment managers, etc. - but they don't factor into the actual coaching/scouting/gameplanning aspect like so many of Bama's are involved in.

vCash
    I never thought we were on an even playing field, but after reading this, I never realized how far we are from them. Money talks

vCash
    I agree that there should be a limit.

I think it should be something like:

AHC
    OC
    DC
    QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    DL
    LB
    CB
    S
    K/P
    ST

That's fourteen assistants if I can count. That should be adequate for a college football team.

vCash
    O is a Ass and I am convince after watching LSU season in review in 60.

vCash
    O sucks. He will run that program into the ground.....It will be epic!!!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I don't really mind all the extra assistants & analysts. These programs bringing in ten of hundreds of millions of dollars they have to go somewhere. You can only put so many seats in a stadium & so many flat screens in a locker room. If I have extra money & I'm willing to spend it on things that will actually improve my chances of recruiting & winning then go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't really mind all the extra assistants & analysts. These programs bringing in ten of hundreds of millions of dollars they have to go somewhere. You can only put so many seats in a stadium & so many flat screens in a locker room. If I have extra money & I'm willing to spend it on things that will actually improve my chances of recruiting & winning then go for it.
    You could also put it back into the school especially since the United States is slowly declining in overall education.

vCash
    It all revolves around the money available, which is a huge advantage over small schools. It is like the Yankees, they have more money to spend than some teams in the NBL combined. They go buy what they want and need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    You could also put it back into the school especially since the United States is slowly declining in overall education.
    These teams are making anywhere from $10-30mil+ dollars. These extra staff members are only an extra $1-2mil dollars so there's still plenty of money to invest back in the school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    But God forbid more of it go to the actual athletes that put their body on the line.

I'm not calling Saban a cheater but he does come from the Belichek school of do whatever you can to create an advantage over your opponent. Blurring the lines of rules is norm for them.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    But God forbid more of it go to the actual athletes that put their body on the line.

I'm not calling Saban a cheater but he does come from the Belichek school of do whatever you can to create an advantage over your opponent. Blurring the lines of rules is norm for them.
    You're speaking to the choir if you're talking about paying athletes but we both know that's not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    First you have to turn them back into schools (instead of political indoctrination centers).