Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU @ State seating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

BYU @ State seating

Question. BYU fan here. I live in Biloxi right now and while I don't think I'll be able to make the BYU-LSU game, I'd like to visit Davis-Wade for the first time.

I'm never one to care about sitting in the visitor section at games. I'm there to watch the game so I'm not desperate for a bunch of BYU fans around me. And I worked for Southern Miss football for a bit and saw you State fans to be pretty chill so I'll bet on that. I just want good seats where I can see. I am a bit near-sighted so I'll take glasses to the game (they're basically just magnifying glasses with my eyesight).

I'm also not a big bleacher fan so question 1, can you bring or rent stadium chairs for bleachers?
    Next, do you think it would be worth it to try to sit down lower, or maybe hit the chairbacks right above the lower bowl? How's the visibility from there? I guess my question is how is the visibility from any of your favorite spots that are a reasonable price. Any help is great thanks.

vCash
    Sincere advice: stay home...you won't enjoy the outcome of this one.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    If he is a fan and wants to see his team play then he should. I went to watch us play Bama last year and I certainly didn't like that outcome.

vCash
    I mean, embarrassing you guys, I'll feel for you, but I'll still enjoy it. And I'll only feel for you because I doubt you guys carry the type of delusional SEC arrogance that LSU/Bama fans are capable of.

In all seriousness... No real sports fan should ever want to deny another a chance to watch some great football. It's FOOTBALL! Win or lose my passion is tied to the entertainment of the game. It's a beautiful game. I'm big boy enough that I won't completely lose my mind over a loss... But yes it helps that I'm confident in beating your butt twice in a row. And I'll back it up with plenty of in-depth football talk. Not just blabbering assumptions like you see over in, ahem, some neighboring states. If you want to know BYU football I'll teach you. And I'd love to hear why I should be more worried about State. Love Mullen and I know he's always going to put a crew together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYUblue View Post
    I mean, embarrassing you guys, I'll feel for you, but I'll still enjoy it. And I'll only feel for you because I doubt you guys carry the type of delusional SEC arrogance that LSU/Bama fans are capable of.

In all seriousness... No real sports fan should ever want to deny another a chance to watch some great football. It's FOOTBALL! Win or lose my passion is tied to the entertainment of the game. It's a beautiful game. I'm big boy enough that I won't completely lose my mind over a loss... But yes it helps that I'm confident in beating your butt twice in a row. And I'll back it up with plenty of in-depth football talk. Not just blabbering assumptions like you see over in, ahem, some neighboring states. If you want to know BYU football I'll teach you. And I'd love to hear why I should be more worried about State. Love Mullen and I know he's always going to put a crew together.
    You should definately stay home. BYU will lose and you will have a long ride home.

vCash
    Quality discussion right there. lol I'm up for it. I'll go with a slight edge to BYU on this, and there are a ton of BYU fans way more scared of you than I believe they should be. Name ain't everything. But you won't be facing a first year O and D. Last year you did, plus a struggling QB, and you still lost. Up for a fight any day. I won't throw a Mullen post-game attitude if that's what you're thinking. haha

vCash
    Quality discussion right there. lol I'm up for it. I'll go with a slight edge to BYU on this, and there are a ton of BYU fans way more scared of you than I believe they should be. Name ain't everything. But you won't be facing a first year O and D. Last year you did, plus a struggling QB, and you still lost. Up for a fight any day. I won't throw a Mullen post-game attitude if that's what you're thinking. haha
    You really shouldn't compare year to year with us as far as this vs last. We were going through an identity crisis at QB while having one of the worst defenses of all time in our program. It will be different and BYU will lose.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Would you drive up for the game if you knew BYU were going to lose by three touchdowns?

If the answer is "no" stay home. Seriously.

If you would still enjoy the experience if you lose by 21, the we'll see you there.

vCash
    Wow, I can't wait to revisit this one after the BYU game. You have no idea how different '17 MSU is from the '16 version. QB now has experience, defense now has a D1 coach, and this one is in Starkville. And to be honest, we played like pure shit on the road last year and still shoulda beaten you guys. If we don't win by 10-14+ I'll be disappointed, and the season will probably go much worse than we're expecting.

But safe travels & enjoy the game. You seem like a fun natured guy, and I have no doubt you'll enjoy your experience at Davis Wade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    You should definately stay home. BYU will lose and you will have a long ride home.
    Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

Always amusing to see someone preface their etiquette lesson with "hey, prick!" so thanks for that much.

No prickishness involved on my end. If he is going to see his team win -- and he is, it turns out -- he will be unhappy at the end of the game...trying to save him some disappointment.
    Last edited by AlmostPositive; 08-13-2017 at 09:45 PM.

vCash

Lol yeah your guys are going to lose, and it isn't going to to be pretty. BUT best seats are lower grandstand 30 to 45 row
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Lol yeah your guys are going to lose, and it isn't going to to be pretty. BUT best seats are lower grandstand 30 to 45 row
    This.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash

LSU 27, BYU 0

Mississippi State 37, LSU 7

Teach us about BYU football. Yes, breaking your balls. Eat BBQ at Petty's. Better than the Little Dooey. Or get to Two Brothers early and eat the pimento fritters and pulled pork grilled cheese. Wings are good too.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I know you can bring stadium seats and I think they have some to rent but not sure. I don't think those chair backs are available single game wise so count on bleachers. To me, the upper deck is about the view you get watching on tv. I've watched a few games in the lower section. Once was about row 10 and one was about row 40. I have to say I liked the row 40 seats better, but that just comes down to personal preference.

vCash
    Thanks. What would you say the upper deck is for someone using glasses? I mean, I'm not Lon from Employee of the Month, but I would like to be able to tell who is who. I guess I could stand bleachers more with at least a bleacher pad.

I like the interactive seating chart and from what I can tell, I'd probably agree with you about lower bowl higher up. Thanks again.

vCash
    Thanks. What would you say the upper deck is for someone using glasses? I mean, I'm not Lon from Employee of the Month, but I would like to be able to tell who is who. I guess I could stand bleachers more with at least a bleacher pad.

I like the interactive seating chart and from what I can tell, I'd probably agree with you about lower bowl higher up. Thanks again.
    Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.
    That helps, thanks a lot.

vCash
    My opinion would be lower bowl but kinda mid to higher rows. As for the seats, don't they rent the cushioned seats just like the chair backs? They're black instead of the maroon ones that get bolted down for the season tickets holders (that spring for them- it's about the only way I can keep my better half even somewhat comfy).

vCash
    Well, watching us beat the snot of them will be a little more enjoyable now.

Find tickets between the 40's and bring a stadium seat. That'll be your best chance to watch a Fitz single handedly put up more yards than your entire offense.