Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU @ State seating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Another tip... You'll be tempted to watch the jumbo-jumbo-trons during play, as they are massive and very appealing. Stick to watching the field during play except for replays or when you can't really see what's going on.
    e.g., the person in front of you insists on standing during the entire game, or pops up just at the wrong time. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    or pops up just at the wrong time. **
    happened all the time in junior high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    happened all the time in junior high.
    Haha. That's why everybody carried a sweater even in the hot months.

vCash
    e.g., the person in front of you insists on standing during the entire game, or pops up just at the wrong time. **
    I know sarcasterisks, but I sit on about the 10 yard line, so once it gets to about the other 20, it gets difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I love upper deck, but I have eyes like a hawk. West Side is better than east side due to the sun, depending on the time of the game.

If you do sit lower deck, I wouldn't sit in the first several rows. I'd also say anything inside the 20's and at least 10-15 rows up, and you should be able to see pretty good.

Another tip... You'll be tempted to watch the jumbo-jumbo-trons during play, as they are massive and very appealing. Stick to watching the field during play except for replays or when you can't really see what's going on.

And one more fyi, you landed on the best MSU site. There are other MSU sites that will probably be nicer to you, but as you can already tell, folks here love smack talk, and as the game nears, there will likely be some in-depth talk about the game. Come back and post as the game gets closer to give us the scoop on BYU, but expect to be given a hard time throughout your time here.

Thanks. And I don't mind smack talk, as long as there's actually real discussion and logic, not just blank "yeah you will lose" statements. That's shallow, baseless, and doesn't promote any kind of discussion. I'll give plenty of smack in return. Good stuff. But I'll typically respond to people who seem to have a clue what they're talking about, not just the rabid, arrogant crazies who just assume they're going to destroy every opponent every game with no further thought into it. Clearly every fan base has them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    You should definately stay home. BYU will lose and you will have a long ride home.
    Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYUblue View Post
    Thanks. What would you say the upper deck is for someone using glasses? I mean, I'm not Lon from Employee of the Month, but I would like to be able to tell who is who. I guess I could stand bleachers more with at least a bleacher pad.

I like the interactive seating chart and from what I can tell, I'd probably agree with you about lower bowl higher up. Thanks again.
    Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Wow, I can't wait to revisit this one after the BYU game. You have no idea how different '17 MSU is from the '16 version. QB now has experience, defense now has a D1 coach, and this one is in Starkville. And to be honest, we played like pure shit on the road last year and still shoulda beaten you guys. If we don't win by 10-14+ I'll be disappointed, and the season will probably go much worse than we're expecting.

But safe travels & enjoy the game. You seem like a fun natured guy, and I have no doubt you'll enjoy your experience at Davis Wade.
    Meh, goes both ways. We shot ourselves in the foot more than anything. While much of the nation goes spread, I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult it is to go backwards, from spread back to pro. How hard that is in the first year. Brand new staff, previous coach's recruits that were meant for a spread. Skinnier linemen who weren't really taught much technique, hardly anything for TEs, everyone learning a much more complex system. Struggling QB. This type of system flat out needs time. There's no other way around it. That's why Taysom Hill got the nod. There's an assumption that his athleticism can help, but even his athleticism was down. Also learning a new defense with a bunch of 3-4 personnel.

I believe in Fitzgerald, but he's still State's Taysom Hill. Dak is what both were supposed to become in some form, but neither did/will. He'll still need protection and guys to throw to, just like anyone. I'm interested in seeing how it goes.

If you're expecting a big win and would be disappointed with a lesser margin even in a win, you don't know BYU. It will likely be pretty close win or lose. The offense is about ball control and the defense is going to be much improved. I also saw a comment/excuse thtat your D was so bad last year but automatically won't be this year... Well, you have a TON of production to replace so it's not that simple right? BTW, what are you running? Grantham going 3-4? Either way, I hope he has them ready to play football and not bogus stuff like kicking the QB in the head.

We beat you last year ironically using TEs more... If we stand a chance to win again, it will be by the same means. We're going to have legit TE play and a QB who knows how to use them.
    Just saying, any time you try to factor the "yeah well that was last year and this is now," remember that there are arguments to be made for the opponent as well. Can't ignore what goes on with both sides. I have a pretty decent idea about Miss St, but both teams have a lot of (both positive and negative) unknowns right now and there's no amount of proof otherwise until we get this season rolling.

vCash
    Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.
    That helps, thanks a lot.

vCash
    Meh, goes both ways. We shot ourselves in the foot more than anything. While much of the nation goes spread, I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult it is to go backwards, from spread back to pro. How hard that is in the first year. Brand new staff, previous coach's recruits that were meant for a spread. Skinnier linemen who weren't really taught much technique, hardly anything for TEs, everyone learning a much more complex system. Struggling QB. This type of system flat out needs time. There's no other way around it. That's why Taysom Hill got the nod. There's an assumption that his athleticism can help, but even his athleticism was down. Also learning a new defense with a bunch of 3-4 personnel.

I believe in Fitzgerald, but he's still State's Taysom Hill. Dak is what both were supposed to become in some form, but neither did/will. He'll still need protection and guys to throw to, just like anyone. I'm interested in seeing how it goes.

Also if you want to have fun during the season they gave you 500 vcash. Go to the Bet Your Ass Off forum and bet on games when the season starts. See how high you can get your v cash. See mine? Too bad it's not real. Freeze could have a good time with that kind of money.

If you're expecting a big win and would be disappointed with a lesser margin even in a win, you don't know BYU. It will likely be pretty close win or lose. The offense is about ball control and the defense is going to be much improved. I also saw a comment/excuse thtat your D was so bad last year but automatically won't be this year... Well, you have a TON of production to replace so it's not that simple right? BTW, what are you running? Grantham going 3-4? Either way, I hope he has them ready to play football and not bogus stuff like kicking the QB in the head.

We beat you last year ironically using TEs more... If we stand a chance to win again, it will be by the same means. We're going to have legit TE play and a QB who knows how to use them.
    Just saying, any time you try to factor the "yeah well that was last year and this is now," remember that there are arguments to be made for the opponent as well. Can't ignore what goes on with both sides. I have a pretty decent idea about Miss St, but both teams have a lot of (both positive and negative) unknowns right now and there's no amount of proof otherwise until we get this season rolling.
    BYU lost their QB and yes we know about the back up but he was the back up for a reason. BYU lost their running back and their best receiver. State will not be fighting altitude as they did in Provo and it does make a different I was at the game and have been to Utah many times. Your guys will fighting flat land with humidity and 62K Cow Bells. Have you ever heard 62K cowbells ringing? It is the most intense sound you will ever hear. I do expect a good game, BYU will fight hard but state will win by 14.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 08-13-2017 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    BYU lost their QB and yes we know about the back up but he was the back up for a reason. BYU lost their running back and their best receiver. State will not be fighting altitude as they did in Provo and it does make a different I was at the game and have been to Utah many times. Your guys will fighting flat land with humidity and 62K Cow Bells. Have you ever heard 62K cowbells ringing? It is the most intense sound you will ever hear. I do expect a good game, BYU will fight hard but state will win by 14.
    Yeah, remember last time we had probably 50,000 cowbells but they brought their own officials (and presumably will this time too) and we all know how that worked out .... You'd think they were Alabama because they never had holding called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

Always amusing to see someone preface their etiquette lesson with "hey, prick!" so thanks for that much.

No prickishness involved on my end. If he is going to see his team win -- and he is, it turns out -- he will be unhappy at the end of the game...trying to save him some disappointment.
    Last edited by AlmostPositive; 08-13-2017 at 09:45 PM.

vCash

You really do need to stay home if you're expecting a good chance to win. If you do go, check in after the game and we'll try to help lift your spirits.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Your offensive scheme fits right into what we want you to do defensively (our awful defense pretty much kept you in check until the very end of the game). You run an offense that very few teams in the country have the personnel to make work against SEC defenses with mid major type recruiting classes. Offensively, we were a completely different team the second half of the year. Our offensive line got better and better the longer they played together. We return 4 that started at some point last year, to include a projected first round draft pick at left tackle. If you aren't expecting a Dan Mullen quarterback to develop, you have not been paying attention to Dan Mullen's quarterbacks throughout his coaching history.

State will be favored to win the game. BYU could no doubt win, but your fan base will be the only ones expecting it.

Last edited by Jarius; 08-13-2017 at 10:25 PM.

vCash

You don't know as much as you think about MSU. Acting like Grantham is bringing in a new scheme, when we were in a 3-4 last year....just a shitty one bc Sirmon was a joke. We ran a 150 lb RB against y'all...not the guy that ran wild vs the SEC once we finally started giving him the ball last year. Fitz is our Taysom Hill? Nope. You aren't paying attention to our QB's.

And don't tell me what I should and should not expect....I expect us to beat BYU by a minimum of 10-14, bc I watch football, study football, and know that MSU will be 2-3 scores better of a football team than BYU. Have a good trip, and be sure to stop by after the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    You really do need to stay home if you're expecting a good chance to win. If you do go, check in after the game and we'll try to help lift your spirits.
    You really need to stop responding if you can't offer some quality talk, even for doggy-goggled smack level talk. Anyone can talk out their butt. I'd ask the "why" behind your opinion, but I get the feeling you don't have an answer beyond "because we're better." If you can, go for it. I want to learn as much as I can about the team. Posts like yours do nothing. Dime a dozen for this caliber of yapping.

vCash
    You really need to stop responding if you can't offer some quality talk, even for doggy-goggled smack level talk. Anyone can talk out their butt. I'd ask the "why" behind your opinion, but I get the feeling you don't have an answer beyond "because we're better." If you can, go for it. I want to learn as much as I can about the team. Posts like yours do nothing. Dime a dozen for this caliber of yapping.
    Careful, this isn't your board....you don't decide how & when our posters respond. I may not agree with his response either, but he's one of ours, & you're not going to tell him to stop responding. Clear?

Carry on

vCash
    You don't know as much as you think about MSU. Acting like Grantham is bringing in a new scheme, when we were in a 3-4 last year....just a shitty one bc Sirmon was a joke. We ran a 150 lb RB against y'all...not the guy that ran wild vs the SEC once we finally started giving him the ball last year. Fitz is our Taysom Hill? Nope. You aren't paying attention to our QB's.

And don't tell me what I should and should not expect....I expect us to beat BYU by a minimum of 10-14, bc I watch football, study football, and know that MSU will be 2-3 scores better of a football team than BYU. Have a good trip, and be sure to stop by after the game.
    I didn't act like anything. I straight up asked what he was running because I didn't know. And you answered it so thanks. Not sure who you're talking about at RB. If by 150 lbs you mean a pretty big RB at 215-220, and who got a load at 21 carries but for under 4 yds a pop, then yeah, him. I really don't care who is at RB though. Run D isn't our issue. Pass D WAS, and mobile QBs have been.

But hey, I watch football too! Cool! And I've worked in college football, and I study it, blah blah. Good for you. We need more like you. But I don't care what you think you "know" about a team that hasn't taken the field, a team that lost a ton and will look different, both in good ways and bad I'm sure. But I do appreciate your opinion on it. I'd love to see your history and maybe some of the guarantees you put on being x-scores better than other teams when you really weren't. Love cautiously optimistic, but this is just crazy... But I guess that's the definition of "fanatic" so it's all good. Blind optimism is still better than ignorant and stubborn pessimism. I see too much of that for our own team.

Anyway, good you know your team, but there's always a team you know little about on the other side of the ball. I'll definitely stop by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    There's a LOT you don't know about that QB situation. And it's not going to be posted publicly by me either. BYU returns the guy who will be their best QB in a decade and if he has a solid year he's off to the NFL.

vCash
    Careful, this isn't your board....you don't decide how & when our posters respond. I may not agree with his response either, but he's one of ours, & you're not going to tell him to stop responding. Clear?

Carry on
    Yes sir. Ignore the trolls. Got it. Same advice on our board. My apology.