Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: IT Is Coming Soon Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: IT Is Coming Soon Edition

Andy by IT, I mean football season. As fun as the offseason has been, the real season is right around the corner. I will have to do some grilling and cooking this weekend to get back to season form. Stay tuned....

vCash
    My weekend started Thursday, so I made us some ramen using leftover pulled pork. We're going to our local dive tonight, so I'll probably have a burger, washed down with a Narraganset. Right now I'm drinking a Negroni waiting on the boss to get home.

vCash
    Little Dooey's tonight. May fire up the grill tomorrow if it'll ever quit raining. Almost 9" this week. And no...that's not what she said.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Liquid only weekend. Red Dress Run is tomorrow in Nola.

vCash
    Stuffed jalapenos on the grill with Basil Hayden as an appetizer. Filets and shrimp on the grill next with a little Shiraz.
    Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 08-11-2017 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    A Corona light and a dip of Smokey Mountain Fake snuff tonight
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Marinating a pork loin tonight, which will be sliced and stuff with cream cheese and chopped chives, wrapped in bacon and grilled for 3 hours very slow for Saturday. Also, brining ribs now, which will be rubbed 24 hours before smoking for Sunday night. Boudin and deer sausage will be grilled both nights to snack on as the Jack D flows.

Same as a lot of tailgate and LFL menus we have,,,,,all is welcomed!

BTW, most die of heart attacks in my family,,,,I wonder why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    BTW, most die of heart attacks in my family,,,,I wonder why?

vCash
    I think I just pissed myself from laughing Beardo,,,, also Speckle seems to know the single barrel Bourbon.

Banned
    vCash
    Ok so I'm predictable! 2 Woodford at the house after a 15 mile bike ride with the wife. Amerigo for dinner and had the cedar plank salmon and she had the chicken acuto. Coppola Chardonnay with dinner and now enjoying my Rabbit Hole Bourbon.
    Last edited by Bucky Dog; 08-11-2017 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Just got stretched out in the mancave. Blantons on the rocks and High Plains Drifter on the tube. Cooking for my folks, inlaws, grandparents, & siblings tomorrow.

vCash
    Now I'm watching Eddie Murphy's Raw, on HBO, and drinking a cocktail I call "the apiary", which has honey, bourbon (using Blantons), and lemon peel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Now I'm watching Eddie Murphy's Raw, on HBO, and drinking a cocktail I call "the apiary", which has honey, bourbon (using Blantons), and lemon peel.
    Gat-Damn
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I passed raw and almost stopped but went with a little Clint Eastwood. I see we both went for Blantons. I'm not totally sure we aren't already friends irl tbh

Banned
    vCash
    This my kind of thread

vCash
    All this mention of Blantons made me pull some out too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Stuffed jalapenos on the grill with Basil Hayden as an appetizer. Filets and shrimp on the grill next with a little Shiraz.
    My man.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Making a fish dip for tonight so I thawed out a bull red and neatly trimmed it. Just hit the smoke. I'm using the Jim Beam Barrel Aged Oak chips for the first time.

Before

vCash
    After an hour at about 220. I flipped one filet over so you can see the contrast. Some folks call for longer but you'll turn your fish to jerky. For me, this is perfect. A ton of chips, heavy smoke, short time

Banned
    vCash
    My son's coming home from working in Michigan this summer. I told him I'd get him a douchy, pretentious microbrew from Texas to drink. I got him this:

According to the microbrew expert at Specs in Ft. Worth, it's a 10% that drinks like a 5-6%. Told him to watch it, or he might get knocked on his ass. He told me that in Michigan, there's 12% beers.