Thread: JPS Questions: Casey Elementary, Chastain Middle, Murrah High.....

Banned
    vCash

JPS Questions: Casey Elementary, Chastain Middle, Murrah High.....

These schools cover really the only desirable area of Jackson, and the Casey Elementary scores/ratings are very high. Anybody know much about this area/school? I know that the area between County Line and Old Canton is going downhill, but Fondren/Belhaven/Eastover seems to have stayed strong. Do these people send their kids to Casey, or is it mostly JA and Prep?

vCash
    Don't live in Jackson, but have several very good friends who grew up there. One had a parent who was a JPS teacher. None of them have anything good to say about JPS as a whole.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Lived there for years-don't now, but if you are moving there look in outlying areas. Madison, Ridgeland, Pearl, Brandon, Clinton. You'll probably have to research schools there but I would definitely try to stay away from Jackson. Tax base is high in Jackson also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Lived there for years-don't now, but if you are moving there look in outlying areas. Madison, Ridgeland, Pearl, Brandon, Clinton. You'll probably have to research schools there but I would definitely try to stay away from Jackson. Tax base is high in Jackson also.
    ^^^THIS. If it's at all an option, stay out of Jackson itself.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    I'm familiar with all those areas, as well as the demographics. I was just wondering in general why that school's scores were so high - certainly an anomaly for JPS.