Thread: 2017 Away Game fellow travelers...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

2017 Away Game fellow travelers...

Wanted to check and see who all was planning on making our away games and which ones.

We have a large group who usually picks at least one away game to all attend. This year is Athens. We have about 8 going in our group, as this is one of the best and most fun road games in the SEC. for those on the fence, Athens is my favorite SEC town.

Most likely going to drive up for the night when we play La Tech. Never been there (except driving through) and hopefully we can win that one in somewhat relaxing fashion.

Going back to Fayetteville for 2nd straight time. I didn't get enough of the 28 degree football last time there but the blocked FG win (and Maker's) made it all better.

May get a wild hair and go to college station, depending on how the season is unfolding but definitely will not be on the plains the week after UGA. Their hotel situation may be worse than Starkville. Hell it'd be cheaper for our team to go to Auburn from Athens and stay the week than flying to each.

Hope many of you are able to travel to some away games. They are all unique and will build lasting memories for you and those who go with you.

vCash
    I have a father son trip (3 dads and boys) going to Auburn - same group went to Baton Rouge last year and had a big time

Wife and I will be in Fayetteville with some other couples.....great trip 2 years ago

Also most likely going to Tech.........

Banned
    vCash
    Georgia.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Going to Fayettville

vCash
    I'll be making the trip up to Athens. Since all my friends here in GA are UGA fans I've got fantastic seats. I'll be the Maroon dot on the UGA sideline side about the 45 yard line.

vCash
    Auburn trip is planned for us.

vCash
    I'm planning on going to Athens, then staying a week at best friend's house in SC. Finally, catch the Auburn game the next weekend on way home.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Athens.

vCash
    I've got a good friend who lives in a Fayetteville so I plan to go to that game. That will complete traveling to all West division schools although Auburn was for baseball. I am still deciding if I'm going to Ruston.

vCash
    Planning on Georgia and hitting an attraction or 2 in Atlanta (Stone Mountain most likely) for the weekend with my wife and 2 sons. Tickets are pretty high but looking forward to it.

vCash
    Going to La Tech with my son and some friends that either went to La Tech or have a son that does now.

vCash
    Going to Athens, got a AirBNB a mile or two from the stadium. Always heard good things about Athens. Everyone says its a blast, probably gonna check out a brewery or two on Friday hopefully.

vCash
    Definitely TAMU, but I live about 45 minutes from College Station.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm going to try to make the Texas A&M game in College Station.

vCash
    My dad and I will be in college station

vCash
    I am going to try and make College Station. My girlfriend's dad lives about an hour from there in middle of nowhere Texas.

I live in Montgomery, so there is no excuse for me to miss Auburn. Been there every other year since I moved back. I wish I could get back to Starkvegas some.

vCash
    Father son trip to College Station last year. Go a day early and visit the George W. Bush library. On Friday night you have to go to yell practice. Get there early on Saturday to watch the corps march into the Kyle Field. All of this is a one of a kind experience. That said the father and sone trip this year is to Athens. See you folks there.

vCash
    Athens
    Happy Festivus