Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personnel packages...

vCash

Personnel packages...

With a perceived lack of WR talent, and depth at TE and RB, will we see more 12 and 21 personnel with less 11 personnel than recent history?
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 08-05-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    No doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    With a perceived lack of WR talent, and depth at TE and RB, will we see more 12 and 21 personnel with less 11 personnel than recent history?
    Huh??? what you drinking, Leroy?

vCash
    We should but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm expecting four smurfs the majority of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Huh??? what you drinking, Leroy?
    Sorry,

10 personnel- 1 back, 0 tight ends, four receivers
    11 personnel- 1 back, 1 tight end, three receivers
    12 personnel- 1 back, 2 tight ends, two receivers
    21 personnel- 2 backs, 1 tight end, two receivers
    22 personnel- 2 backs, 2 tight ends, one receiver
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 08-05-2017 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We should but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm expecting four smurfs the majority of the time.
    Im afraid Mullen-gonna-Mullen for about 6 weeks, to prove his genius can overcome our deficiencies. Then, after we lose a game we could have won, we will start to adapt. I hope not, but the years have made me skeptical.

vCash
    Sorry,

10 personnel- 1 back, 0 tight ends, four receivers
    11 personnel- 1 back, 1 tight end, three receivers
    12 personnel- 1 back, 2 tight ends, two receivers
    21 personnel- 2 backs, 1 tight end, two receivers
    22 personnel- 2 backs, 2 tight ends, one receiver
    Now it make sense.

Agree and given the talent we have at RB and TE (more so than at WR), I definitely hope we run more 12 and 21 sets.

vCash
    Im afraid Mullen-gonna-Mullen for about 6 weeks, to prove his genius can overcome our deficiencies. Then, after we lose a game we could have won, we will start to adapt. I hope not, but the years have made me skeptical.
    Yep, like he did last year with running Holloway and Shumpert as primary backs for half the year and having Fitz throw the ball 36 freaking times against BYU.

vCash
    He can be a hardheaded SOB- we have all seen that.

The talent at RB should certainly entice him to go to more 2 back sets. Our depth at TE warrants some TE/H-Back sets as well. We need to get more physical this season. We have a huge QB, DLee is playing well and he is 225-230, our TE group is very deep, we lack talent at WR. It's really a no-brainer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post

The talent at RB should certainly entice him to go to more 2 back sets. Our depth at TE warrants some TE/H-Back sets as well. We need to get more physical this season. We have a huge QB, DLee is playing well and he is 225-230, our TE group is very deep, we lack talent at WR. It's really a no-brainer
    And I don't really think CDM has had a "Percy Harvin" type while in Starkville. While KHill may emerge to be that player, have we ever had an impact-type player emerge as a freshman and provide instant impact?

vCash
    And I don't really think CDM has had a "Percy Harvin" type while in Starkville. While KHill may emerge to be that player, have we ever had an impact-type player emerge as a freshman and provide instant impact?
    Keith Mixon is more of a candidate to be the Percy Harvin. Hill is a TB and the future workhorse like a Ballard or a JRob

vCash
    I don't see Hill resembling anything close to Percy Harvin. Two totally different types of players.

vCash
    By playing the 12 personnel we will finally be matching up with defenses from a physical standpoint. We actually have decent size and speed at TE but at WR we are mostly speed and undersized. Our WR are best suited for deep routes and underneath routes like screens. We will desperately need TEs to act as possession receivers to keep drives alive. I love it because they should also provide blocking for the RBs. I'd like to see more RTGDFB along with a few deep passes per game.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    yep- #RTGDF

vCash
    Elitedawgs still has some of those shirts to give away btw

vCash
    Elitedawgs still has some of those shirts to give away btw
    I call dibs!!
    "I ring cowbells at ballgames."

vCash
    Dayum, what's a "53 personnel"?

Jk
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Look at how mighty South Alabama stuffed us last year. They pressed up man, and crammed the middle to take away our QB read option up the gut.

"Spread them out then take advantage of mismatches" only works if the D isn't keying 95% on a Fitzgerald or 180 lb back up the gut. We also occasionally have to exploit man coverage to keep them honest, which a curl route for 6 yards on 3rd and 8 really doesn't do.

I agree our strength this year will be larger backs and TE's, but Mullen is stubborn so I expect more Mixon up the gut and Fitzgerald on the read option. Until shown therwise.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshiek View Post
    I call dibs!!
    PM your address

vCash
    Is DLee out of the dog house w Mullen this year