Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Party At the Pony Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Saturday night fresh #1 ahi tuna. Sushi time...prep work

Also did some shrimp tempura to make rolls

Got some left im gonna sear and have with some leftover rice which I will fry up.

Don Julio Reposado with fresh squeezed lime juice and a little agave nectar pair very very well with sushi.
    Nice! Have you made much nigiri with your bad ass tuna, I Seen It? I love rolls, but when I've got awesome fish, I also like to have some simple nigiri to really celebrate the simplicity of the fish.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Nice! Have you made much nigiri with your bad ass tuna, I Seen It? I love rolls, but when I've got awesome fish, I also like to have some simple nigiri to really celebrate the simplicity of the fish.
    I take a few chunks and dip in a little soy and eat. Love it.

vCash
    Homemade sushi looks as much like art as it does cooking. Good work I seen It

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Saturday night fresh #1 ahi tuna. Sushi time...prep work

Also did some shrimp tempura to make rolls

Got some left im gonna sear and have with some leftover rice which I will fry up.

Don Julio Reposado with fresh squeezed lime juice and a little agave nectar pair very very well with sushi.
    Impressive skill - would never trust myself to prep sushi.

vCash
    That sushi looks amazing. Never tried my hand at but that sure makes me want to!

vCash
    Tonight I made us blackened pork loin, with grilled tomatoes, cheese and chive grits, and what I'm calling "creole gravy", which was essentially the same sauce piquante I smother shrimp or crawfish tails with....kind of an odd choice to sauce pork with, but it turned out pretty well, oddly enough, lol. I drank a few pilsners tonight while I cooked. Then we watched GoT.