Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Party At the Pony Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Party At the Pony Edition

If you're going, check in here. C & D thread needs correspondence. No plans for me grilling this weekend but we'll see what ends up happening.

vCash
    Just spent 10 hours driving from Brunswick to Starkville to move my daughter in for the start of band camp. And what does my want to do? Drive 30 minutes to go to Proffitts Porch. I like Proffits, but damn, I've already driven 600 miles today!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Just spent 10 hours driving from Brunswick to Starkville to move my daughter in for the start of band camp. And what does my want to do? Drive 30 minutes to go to Proffitts Porch. I like Proffits, but damn, I've already driven 600 miles today!!
    Where is that? I'm moving one in on Tues.

vCash
    This one time...at band camp...

vCash
    I'm thinking about making ceviche next weekend. Never made it. Any suggestions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Lot's of ways to go...last time I essentially made pico de gallo, plus fish obviously, and it was really good. I wouldn't use an oily fish (e.g., mackerel, salmon, etc.); I like halibut, snapper, and tuna...but my favorite is scallop, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Outside Columbus near the Lock and Dam. Great sandwiches, gumbo and red beans and rice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    It's North of Columbus lake. If you google it, you'll find all kinds of stuff. They've got a FB page, and their location is marked on google maps.

Edit: I see that I'm about 1 minute late. Glad y'all made the trip BrunswickDawg

vCash
    Outside Columbus near the Lock and Dam. Great sandwiches, gumbo and red beans and rice.
    They're good, but I'll just stick with oby's and save the drive.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Fat steak. And I think I've finally hit the home cooked steak as close as you can get to Halls Chophouse in Charleston. Still working on the crust but if I had any idea how to load a pic I'd drop a strip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They're good, but I'll just stick with oby's and save the drive.
    That's what I wanted to do, but when you married a W girl, you have to go to Columbus or they get cranky.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    yes sir. I make it all the time and was taught by someone from Peru where the recipe originates. Get a lot of limes. squeeze the juice and put it in a blinder along with with celery. Blend the shit out of it and then determine based on personal preference as to whether or not you want to strain the celery. put some garlic in there too. this is your juice that the fish will soak in.

sliced red onions , cilantro, are on the suggestion list as well. these items will be in the big bowl with the raw fish awaiting the pouring of the prepared lime juice stated above.

For the love of God, don't buy Tilapia. get you some red fish, flounder or something. chop them up in small pieces. the best spice is hard to find if you don't live in an area that I live in. It's a famous pepper known as Ricato. it's Peruvian and typically can only be found in ethnic groceries. you've GOT to add some kick to it to make it work.

Believe me , if you have some cajun ingenuity inside you, you can make it work. steamed corn and sweet potatoes are excellent sides to this delicious meal. 15 minutes of soaking in the lime juice and your fish is cooked. it is NOT sushi. lime juice COOKS the fish. it is a trial an error type of recipe but if you work at it, you will be satisfied. it does take time.

Banned
    vCash
    Picked up a grilled chicken Caesar from Amerigo and now I'm enjoying my new found glory, Rabbit Hole Bourbon on the rocks! Wife had the chicken Marsala and nursing the Meiomi Pinot Noir and I'm trying to talk her into some sex!! I'm thinking my odds at the moment are currently at 27.6%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Picked up a grilled chicken Caesar from Amerigo and now I'm enjoying my new found glory, Rabbit Hole Bourbon on the rocks! Wife had the chicken Marsala and nursing the Meiomi Pinot Noir and I'm trying to talk her into some sex!! I'm thinking my odds at the moment are currently at 27.6%!
    Look on the bright side, that's better than 0%.

vCash
    I put some shish kabobs on the grill with steak, onion, red and yellow bell peppers and mushrooms on them. Grilled some asparagus on the side. Lady friend cooked baked potatoes and home made garlic and cheese bread. Damn fine meal if I may say so myself. Wish I had pics to share.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Fat steak. And I think I've finally hit the home cooked steak as close as you can get to Halls Chophouse in Charleston. Still working on the crust but if I had any idea how to load a pic I'd drop a strip
    I hear there is a thread stickied that would help ya with that...

vCash
    For married sex that's damn good odds.

Banned
    vCash
    UPDATE: She called me into the room for a massage and it was on!! I'm finishing my Rabbit Hole and checking ED.

vCash
    On my second Jack the Sipper. 6/10 beer, not worth the price tag.

Bucky, may you have good fortune
    LFC YNWA