Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Albies to Atlanta. Odd

vCash
    I think we are starting to see the transition to playing for 2018/2019. Either that or a move is pending.

vCash
    Moving him up. Did you notice FF hurting his shoulder in yesterdays game, then hit that HR. I wonder if that throwing to 1st is affecting his arm and shoulder. They might put Camargo at 3rd and try Albies at SS to give FF a break.

vCash
    What does it do to his clock coming up now? I figured he would get a September call up but this is early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Moving him up. Did you notice FF hurting his shoulder in yesterdays game, then hit that HR. I wonder if that throwing to 1st is affecting his arm and shoulder. They might put Camargo at 3rd and try Albies at SS to give FF a break.
    I hope we didn't call him up for that. SRod could play 3b. Not really a fan of calling him up right now, but still super excited to see him

vCash
    Yeah I thought it a little early bringing him up in AUG. Everyone knows Albie and Acuna are coming up in Sept. Someone might be hurt and they aren't telling. Don't think Philips is being traded. Gonna be intresting to see tonites lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I hope we didn't call him up for that. SRod could play 3b. Not really a fan of calling him up right now, but still super excited to see him
    S Rod sucks really bad. He's not a viable lineup guy right now. Not good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    S Rod sucks really bad. He's not a viable lineup guy right now. Not good.
    We just got swept by the worse team in baseball. Does it matter who plays 3b at this point? Surely isn't important enough to start albies' clock imo

vCash
    1. Ender Inciarte (L) CF
    2. Danny Santana (S) 3B
    3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
    4. Matt Adams (L) LF
    5. Tyler Flowers (R) C
    6. Nick Markakis (L) RF
    7. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
    8. Johan Camargo (S) SS
    9. Lucas Sims (R) P

Way to throw the A defense for sims' debut, snitker haha

vCash
    We just got swept by the worse team in baseball. Does it matter who plays 3b at this point? Surely isn't important enough to start albies' clock imo
    Take his lumps now, and not next year (when y'all could be a surprise wild card contender) or 2019 (when y'all have a shot to challenge the nats). I also don't think this changes his clock much outside of maybe making him a super 2 guy, which I believe makes him eligible for arbitration a year early, but it won't cost y'all a year of team control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Take his lumps now, and not next year (when y'all could be a surprise wild card contender) or 2019 (when y'all have a shot to challenge the nats). I also don't think this changes his clock much outside of maybe making him a super 2 guy, which I believe makes him eligible for arbitration a year early, but it won't cost y'all a year of team control.
    Yes, it does cost a year of control, at least as compared to keeping him down for the first couple weeks of next year, which is what we should have done.

If we're dead set on having him in the Opening Day lineup, then sure, go ahead and call him up. But why be dead set on that? The extra year is way more valuable than those 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes, it does cost a year of control, at least as compared to keeping him down for the first couple weeks of next year, which is what we should have done.

If we're dead set on having him in the Opening Day lineup, then sure, go ahead and call him up. But why be dead set on that? The extra year is way more valuable than those 2 weeks.
    Team control over players is fair idea, but the way they have it set up is beyond frustrating and dumb imo. Hey, a guy is ready now, but we are gonna keep our best player at the position down because in 6 years we would have an extra team control year! What would you say if the braves had kept him down, started some scrap at 2B or SS for a month, called up albies, he takes a month to adjust, and then starts raking June through September, but the braves miss a playoff spot by 2 games. Wouldn't you have preferred for him to take some lumps in a meaningless 2017 adjusting, then hit the ground rolling on opening day in 2018? Because I think the braves could very well compete for a playoff spot next year, and definitely in 2019, and having your talent ready to go on opening day 2018 could be the difference between the playoffs and not.

vCash
    Team control over players is fair idea, but the way they have it set up is beyond frustrating and dumb imo. Hey, a guy is ready now, but we are gonna keep our best player at the position down because in 6 years we would have an extra team control year! What would you say if the braves had kept him down, started some scrap at 2B or SS for a month, called up albies, he takes a month to adjust, and then starts raking June through September, but the braves miss a playoff spot by 2 games. Wouldn't you have preferred for him to take some lumps in a meaningless 2017 adjusting, then hit the ground rolling on opening day in 2018? Because I think the braves could very well compete for a playoff spot next year, and definitely in 2019, and having your talent ready to go on opening day 2018 could be the difference between the playoffs and not.
    I'd rather get the extra year of control over an extra 2 weeks next year. It's that simple.

vCash
    I'd rather get the extra year of control over an extra 2 weeks next year. It's that simple.
    You never know what 6-7 years from now will bring. Braves might sign albies to a reasonable extension extending through his age 30 season anyway and that extra year doesn't even really matter.

vCash
    Read Dave Obrien. Snik says He want Phillips to play 3rd for the rest of the season. Albies will be the everday 2nd basesman and FF will be at 1st. I think FF hurt himself throwing to 1st yesterday.

vCash
    You never know what 6-7 years from now will bring. Braves might sign albies to a reasonable extension extending through his age 30 season anyway and that extra year doesn't even really matter.
    Sure, but I do know this year doesn't matter and the first 2 weeks next year aren't a huge loss.

It costs additional money either way. I'm just not a fan of it. If we call up Acuna, I'll be ticked.

vCash
    Sure, but I do know this year doesn't matter and the first 2 weeks next year aren't a huge loss.

It costs additional money either way. I'm just not a fan of it. If we call up Acuna, I'll be ticked.
    Acuna and soroka in 1 week haha

vCash
    Albies to Atlanta. Odd
    continues they're trend of aggressively positioning for contending in 2018, rather than traditionally taking more time with these young guys and playing for 2019. if we win a natty, it will be worth it, otherwise they'll be a lot of wailing about how monumentously stupid this was come 2023/2024.

at this rate, i expect Acuna to come up in September, and Allard and Soroka to hit AAA this month. i would be setting up for Albies and Acuna to come up April 15th, with Allard and Soroka in AAA with maybe a mid-year callup, but at this point i wouldn't be surprised to see all 4 on the Opening Day roster.

2019 Roster:
    SP Folty
    SP Newcomb
    SP Allard
    SP Soroka
    SP Wren
    RP Sims
    RP Minter
    C A Jackson
    1B FF
    2B Albies
    SS Swanson
    3B Riley
    LF D Peterson
    CF Inciarte
    RF Acuna

hell, that may be the roster by June 2018 at this rate......

vCash

doesn't cost additional money. player makes the same salary each year whether they come up now, April 1, or April 15th. difference is the latter will be a Super 2, and will tack on an extra year of team control (year 7) rather than be a FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    continues they're trend of aggressively positioning for contending in 2018, rather than traditionally taking more time with these young guys and playing for 2019. if we win a natty, it will be worth it, otherwise they'll be a lot of wailing about how monumentously stupid this was come 2023/2024.

at this rate, i expect Acuna to come up in September, and Allard and Soroka to hit AAA this month. i would be setting up for Albies and Acuna to come up April 15th, with Allard and Soroka in AAA with maybe a mid-year callup, but at this point i wouldn't be surprised to see all 4 on the Opening Day roster.

2019 Roster:
    SP Folty
    SP Newcomb
    SP Allard
    SP Soroka
    SP Wren
    RP Sims
    RP Minter
    C A Jackson
    1B FF
    2B Albies
    SS Swanson
    3B Riley
    LF D Peterson
    CF Inciarte
    RF Acuna

hell, that may be the roster by June 2018 at this rate......
    Swanson might be somewhere else. Camargo has a better chance at SS then DS. Gohara will be somewhere in the BP also.