Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkansas 4th & 25 Question for Religious Folks

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    The SEC has a ticket in the playoff until someone dethrones. You putting a Big 12 team in there?
    First, you are confusing the strength of Alabama with the strength of the conference as a whole. They aren't the same thing. Secondly, a Big 12 team was already in there in 2015(Oklahoma). Iowa was 12-1. Ohio State 11-1. Stanford 11-2. FSU 10-2. All left out. All of those teams have a more compelling argument than OM and all finished way higher in the rankings. OM was 12th in the final CFP rankings with the Ark loss. And by the way, Arkansas finished 7-5 and was unranked in the CFP. Are you arguing that a home win over Arkansas (who would have then been 6-6) and a neutral win over Florida who was ranked like 15th in the final CFP would vault them from 12th to 4th? No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I would have LOVED a rematch with OM in the CFP....
    I bet you would have! Just like we would have LOVED a rematch with you guys in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I bet you would have! Just like we would have LOVED a rematch with you guys in 2014.
    eh kay...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I think the football was universe was correcting itself after a game with 6 turnovers, a TD pass off a defender's helmet, and a phantom call gave them a win to put them in the situation they were in. Hats off to them for getting the W, but karma corrected it. They could have just as easily ended up with 4-5 losses that year as they could have had a chance at the SEC title.

vCash
    Hunter Henry's dad is a preacher, just saying.

Banned
    vCash
    God Hates Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    God Hates Ole Miss.
    Amen. Praise the Lord and Hail State!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    As far as football, I honestly don't believe God works like that. One of the major problems I had with Freeze as a Christian myself was how out of context he used Faith. I believe that God doesn't care who wins or loses in football. I think where God comes into play as far as football is concerned is in terms of blessing players with gifts in terms of athleticism and work ethic and then using those gifts to glorify Him. I don't think athletes are meant to be prophets or religious figures but I do think that they can use their platform as an athlete and entertainer using the gifts that they were blessed with to share the gospel in the same way that Tim Tebow, Bobby Richardson, and Mark Richt and many others have in the past. I also want to mention as far as God and praying in football- it's very appropriate to pray that no one is seriously injured and also that the players perform to the best of their abilities to glorify God. "We're going to win because God is on our side!" Is not very Biblical especially when you look at all the people in the Bible that were on God's side that struggled or were killed.

I think that can apply to any walk of life because I believe God can use anyone in any occupation to share the Gospel.

I think what happened there with Arkansas was more a culmination of hard work or maybe a lack thereof on the part of the Ole Miss defense. And let's not forget- as crazy and miraculous as that play was- Ole Miss had a chance to stop them after that and did not. Or maybe Arkansas's players were blessed with more God given talent than Ole Miss's? I don't know the exact answer.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 08-02-2017 at 12:20 AM.

vCash
    God don't give a shit about football. If he did Bama wouldn't have all those Championships.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 08-02-2017 at 08:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    God don't give a shit about football. If he did Bama wouldn't have all those Championships.
    Ok, Jack, that's sig worthy right there. Rep given.

Edit: Well shit. You must spread some rep around..yada, yada, yada... Sorry Jack. It's the thought that counts.

vCash
    Rep given, Jack.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Not to mention the penalty on Arky's 2 point conversion that gave them another shot at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As far as football, I honestly don't believe God works like that. One of the major problems I had with Freeze as a Christian myself was how out of context he used Faith. I believe that God doesn't care who wins or loses in football. I think where God comes into play as far as football is concerned is in terms of blessing players with gifts in terms of athleticism and work ethic and then using those gifts to glorify Him. I don't think athletes are meant to be prophets or religious figures but I do think that they can use their platform as an athlete and entertainer using the gifts that they were blessed with to share the gospel in the same way that Tim Tebow, Bobby Richardson, and Mark Richt and many others have in the past. I also want to mention as far as God and praying in football- it's very appropriate to pray that no one is seriously injured and also that the players perform to the best of their abilities to glorify God. "We're going to win because God is on our side!" Is not very Biblical especially when you look at all the people in the Bible that were on God's side that struggled or were killed.

I think that can apply to any walk of life because I believe God can use anyone in any occupation to share the Gospel.

I think what happened there with Arkansas was more a culmination of hard work or maybe a lack thereof on the part of the Ole Miss defense. And let's not forget- as crazy and miraculous as that play was- Ole Miss had a chance to stop them after that and did not. Or maybe Arkansas's players were blessed with more God given talent than Ole Miss's? I don't know the exact answer.

I agree with this. I don't believe God takes sides in a football game. There are much more important things in life, although a friend of mine once said (in jest, after we saw State blown out), "God hates MS State and everybody that roots for them".

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    The Lord works in mysterious ways...and evidently has a sense of humor.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Strong as a garlic milkshake...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17