Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas 4th & 25 Question for Religious Folks

vCash

Arkansas 4th & 25 Question for Religious Folks

Now since everyone knows Hugh Freeze was a sacreligious fraud, was the miracle 4th & 25 divinely inspired to keep false prophet Freeze from the SECCG? Think about it, OM was THAT play from playing in Atlanta. One of the most improbable plays I've ever seen. Serious question.

vCash
    Nah.

vCash
    Hahahahaha! Of course God doesn't care who wins games but God might care about taking his name in vain and being a false prophet. Who knows? But more than likely it was just a great play call by Bert and execution by Suie. My how things would be different if OM had won that game.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'd have to say yeah...

vCash
    Not sure God interjected himself into the outcome but I've definitely thought about this play. Were Ole Miss to have won that game, I think they would have beaten Florida in the SEC championship (would have been a great rematch as Florida beat them earlier that year) and would have qualified for the playoffs, and could have had a good chance to win it all. Think about that...one play away from probably their best chance to win the national championship in our lifetime and they give up a first down on a 4th and 25 with a thrown over shoulder desperation play which happened RIGHT in front of ole Bucky. Karma, football gods, God himself...somebody wanted Ole Miss and Freeze to lose that game. That's why Hunter Henry is my favorite building on campus...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Hahahahaha! Of course God doesn't care who wins games but God might care about taking his name in vain and being a false prophet. Who knows? But more than likely it was just a great play call by Bert and execution by Suie. My how things would be different if OM had won that game.
    Sure he doesn't care about who wins but I personally think openly mocking God has consequences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy1 View Post
    Not sure God interjected himself into the outcome but I've definitely thought about this play. Were Ole Miss to have won that game, I think they would have beaten Florida in the SEC championship (would have been a great rematch as Florida beat them earlier that year) and would have qualified for the playoffs, and could have had a good chance to win it all. Think about that...one play away from probably their best chance to win the national championship in our lifetime and they give up a first down on a 4th and 25 with a thrown over shoulder desperation play which happened RIGHT in front of ole Bucky. Karma, football gods, God himself...somebody wanted Ole Miss and Freeze to lose that game. That's why Hunter Henry is my favorite building on campus...
    Eggzactly. You just put that play in its proper context.

vCash
    I was the REC's designee that day ... God had the day off....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy1 View Post
    The playoff? You gotta be kidding, right? They still had a loss to Memphis and an asswhipping at the hands of a pretty average Florida team. No way they would have made the playoff even if they won the SEC. No chance in hell.

vCash
    Thought it was caused by some dude at Buffalo Wild Wings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    The playoff? You gotta be kidding, right? They still had a loss to Memphis and an asswhipping at the hands of a pretty average Florida team. No way they would have made the playoff even if they won the SEC. No chance in hell.
    It's not as fethched. If OM goes to the SECCG and beat Fla, it avenges that loss. The committee would be tasked with 3 options: (1) Leave SEC out (2) Take OM, the SEC Champion (3) Take Bama despite not winning the SEC AND over the champion who beat them.

Number 1 wasn't happening. I think the committee could have justified OM by saying the Memphis loss was bad but they didn't have Tunsil and they're the hottest team in football who beat Bama. Very well could have ended up being Bama but saying there wasn't a strong argument for OM isn't accurate.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    It's not as fethched. If OM goes to the SECCG and beat Fla, it avenges that loss. The committee would be tasked with 3 options: (1) Leave SEC out (2) Take OM, the SEC Champion (3) Take Bama despite not winning the SEC AND over the champion who beat them.

Number 1 wasn't happening. I think the committee could have justified OM by saying the Memphis loss was bad but they didn't have Tunsil and they're the hottest team in football who beat Bama. Very well could have ended up being Bama but saying there wasn't a strong argument for OM isn't accurate.
    Why is #1 not an option? Outside of Bama, the SEC has not been an elite or even good conference by any means the last couple of years. It especially wasn't in 2015. And it is a pretty big assumption that they beat UF anyways. They got NOTHING done against that defense in Gainesville.

vCash
    I don't know, He sure stopped the field goal from going over the cross bar in that Egg Bowl in Jackson. God works in mysterious ways! Lol..
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    I would say to answer your original question depends how you define God's sovereignty or power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Why is #1 not an option? Outside of Bama, the SEC has not been an elite or even good conference by any means the last couple of years. It especially wasn't in 2015. And it is a pretty big assumption that they beat UF anyways. They got NOTHING done against that defense in Gainesville.
    The SEC has a ticket in the playoff until someone dethrones. You putting a Big 12 team in there?

vCash

I'll go with #3.... I kinda doubt OM gets in over Clemson, Mich. St. or Okie... But, I've not looked hard at how the CFP rankings shook out the last month...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'll go with #3.... I kinda doubt OM gets in over Clemson, Mich. St. or Okie... But, I've not looked hard at how the CFP rankings shook out the last month...
    I think taking Bama would have been most likely but I'm pretty sure OM had #1 strength of schedule, would have been SEC Champion, and beat Bama. They were more than an afterthought in that scenario

vCash
    I think taking Bama would have been most likely but I'm pretty sure OM had #1 strength of schedule, would have been SEC Champion, and beat Bama. They were more than an afterthought in that scenario
    I would have LOVED a rematch with OM in the CFP....

No.

vCash
    I thought it may have been divine intervention in our '98 game against Arkansas. Madkin completed 2 long passes to Cooper and Love on 3rd and 4thn downs to set up Hazlewood's FG to win the game and send us to Atlanta. Of course, we had to beat Ole Miss in Oxford the following week, but Ole Miss' QB was injured and didn't play-another possible divine intervention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawggoneit View Post
    Thought it was caused by some dude at Buffalo Wild Wings.
    +1
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke