Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **Negative Post Alert** Offensive Line Depth.....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Seniors: Rankin
    Juniors: Calhoun, Cochran, Jenkins, Phillips**, Champion**
    Sophomores: Story, Williams, Moon, Wilkerson*
    RS Freshmen: Parker, Eiland, Reese
    Freshmen: Suggs, Richardson (both are apparently grade risks)

*walk-on, doesn't include guys listed at ATH
    **may redshirt

Conclusion: Either we are the worst offensive line recruiters in the SEC, or they simply do not care about the future of the program.

The immediate future is fine, although it can be better. Whether or not we redshirt Phillips and Champion doesn't really matter to me, chances are one plays and the other redshirts, so we have good depth in the upperclass for 2017 and 2018, which should be peak years for us. My concern is who is going to block for Thompson and Mayden? Thompson better go pro after his junior year because we are looking like the early Croom years if they don't get this problem corrected. Hitting the JUCO well for offensive linemen is not the percentage play either.
    Welcome back, Goat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We have 13 on campus now, Suggs & Richardson are expected in the next week or 2 so that brings the total to 15. We have 1 Sr we will likely sign 4 so that brings the total to 18. Say we have 1-2 transfer so at worst next year we go into the season with 16-17 OL. The #'s aren't as bad as they seem.
    They aren't as bad as they seem, provided four out of the five FR or RS Fr pan out. I know some of these recruits have been more highly rated, so maybe we will have a better hit rate, but we are still in a position where a couple of injuries would put us in a do or die situation as far as signing one or more OL ready to be good as RS FR

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    What makes you think he wants to play for Hevesy? If he had wanted to play for State, he would have signed with us out of high school. I understand he is related to one of our all time greats, Johnnie Cooks. Absolute shame to miss out like that. Very poor recruiting.
    I'm not sure this one was all on Hevesy. This one points toward total unadulterated gluttony on saban's part. like the the fat guy at the seafood buffet who continues to go back to the line wiping out all the crab claws leaving none for the rest of the patrons. Not only ignoring the rules of getting a clean plate for each trip back, once he simply couldn't eat another bite he left several uneaten claws at his table prior to leaving just to piss everybody off.

vCash

**may redshirt

Conclusion: Either we are the worst offensive line recruiters in the SEC, or they simply do not care about the future of the program.

The immediate future is fine, although it can be better. Whether or not we redshirt Phillips and Champion doesn't really matter to me, chances are one plays and the other redshirts, so we have good depth in the upperclass for 2017 and 2018, which should be peak years for us. My concern is who is going to block for Thompson and Mayden? Thompson better go pro after his junior year because we are looking like the early Croom years if they don't get this problem corrected. Hitting the JUCO well for offensive linemen is not the percentage play either.
    Hadad Sucks??? Did I get your anagram?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm not sure this one was all on Hevesy. This one points toward total unadulterated gluttony on saban's part. like the the fat guy at the seafood buffet who continues to go back to the line wiping out all the crab claws leaving none for the rest of the patrons. Not only ignoring the rules of getting a clean plate for each trip back, once he simply couldn't eat another bite he left several uneaten claws at his table prior to leaving just to piss everybody off.
    MDL doesn't "go to the buffet".... the buffet comes to Him.******
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't buy your analogy. If what you say is true, I guess we shouldn't attempt to recruit anybody Saban wants. He's too good and we don't stand a chance. I still maintain our offensive line coach was directly responsible for our losing Lashley.

vCash

Dang.. If you were an A&M fan you would be going crazy by now

**may redshirt

A&M has 1 sr 3 jr 3 soph... Dang.. That's 7 total lineman on the roster with any kind of chance to have some experience. You would have shot yourself by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    MDL doesn't "go to the buffet".... the buffet comes to Him.******
    Unfortunately, tusk is right. Saban gets to pick and choose what he eats off the buffet before anyone else gets a shot.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    A&M has 1 sr 3 jr 3 soph... Dang.. That's 7 total lineman on the roster with any kind of chance to have some experience. You would have shot yourself by now.
    Yes, it would be frustrating. They should be ashamed of themselves. For all their recruiting rankings, that is the product they are putting on the field? Sumlin needs to get run. The reason they were so good in 2012 was the offensive line. Steadily declined since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Unfortunately, tusk is right. Saban gets to pick and choose what he eats off the buffet before anyone else gets a shot.
    Typical Mississippi State mentality. Guess we might as well forfeit to Alabama and King Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Typical Mississippi State mentality. Guess we might as well forfeit to Alabama and King Saban.
    That's now what I'm saying at all. Im saying they come to Saban he doesn't have to go looking for them. We have to work harder than he does to get them.. That's all I'm saying. Hell I've never walked on any field thinking I was gonna lose. I believe I'm gonna win every time and hope our coaching staff feels the same way!

Banned
    vCash
    Seems like an appropriate time to bump this.

F**K Hevesy.

vCash
    Seems like an appropriate time to bump this.

F**K Hevesy.
    Timely BUMP....

If I read that correctly... Y'all are redshirting a couple of Juniors (Phillips, Champion)???

Is it a Medical RS or did they transfer?

No.

vCash
    Timely BUMP....

If I read that correctly... Y'all are redshirting a couple of Juniors (Phillips, Champion)???

Is it a Medical RS or did they transfer?
    Juco guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Juco guys
    3 to play 2, I take it?

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The 2020 OL that you're already fretting will likely have a 4yr starter in Reese, a probable 3yr starter in Eiland, & perhaps the highest rated HS recruit Mullen has signed in K. Johnson as a True Jr or RS Soph. Also D. Parker is already in the 2 deep will most likely going into his 2nd year as a starter after taking over for Calhoun in 2019. That doesn't include Suggs, Richardson, & whoever else we sign in this class or next year class plus any potential Juco OL commits in 2019 or 2020. I know worrying about the OL year in & year out is the thing to do but damn worrying about the 2020 OL is a new one to me.
    Rep Given!

vCash
    3 to play 2, I take it?
    Yep

vCash
    Hevesy most def sucks, but it is what it is. At least the few OL we get are starting to be better prospects. We need to be signing 4-5 per year imo, but we seem to get about 2 per year that might actually help us. That isn't going to cut it. Yes, we will get by with that some years...but if we want to develop the type of SEC OL depth needed to take a step forward, the shit has to improve plain and simple

vCash
    I'm in favor of taking the Suggs, Richardson's and Champion's of the world even if you end up in a 3 yrs to play 2 over taking the Gainer's that are out there.

It looks like we went for the ultimately more talented players over the developmental types which we have got to start doing and did do here.

vCash
    Cristobal outworked Hevesy on Lashley. (Period)