Thread: Inn Thread

vCash

Inn Thread

Why was it deleted? It was getting good.

EDIT: Getting scared of getting sued I suppose since you had a picture of the smoking gun if you could tie the individuals in the photo to the suspected establishments.
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 07-28-2017 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Not scared of being sued. We've had to get lawyers before and I'm sure we'll have to again. That's part of it I suppose when things go south for Ole Miss.

However, it this case, we don't know if that was the Inn in the photo and we don't know if that was a hooker in the photo. If that's not 100% accurate, given the specificity of the allegations, it would be morally irresponsible to leave it up. Remember, were not the site that lies in all of this mess. We leave that up to them.

vCash
    I understand, but couldn't you have just editted or deleted the offending responses? I enjoyed everything that Devious had posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I understand, but couldn't you have just editted or deleted the offending responses? I enjoyed everything that Devious had posted.
    I always enjoy everything DD posts. Im not sure who actually deleted it, but it was a group decision and unanimous. It's just the right thing to do... today.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I always enjoy everything DD posts. Im not sure who actually deleted it, but it was a group decision and unanimous. It's just the right thing to do... today.
    So what you are saying is their are more lawsuits coming from the black bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    So what you are saying is their are more lawsuits coming from the black bears
    I'd be stunned if no others are named in an existing suit or a new suit isn't filed. It's their last hope. Personally, I think they're trying to do two things with the suit: 1) bring down the NCAA and 2) tarnish State or State people any way possible.

Probably stating the obvious with that synopsis, but the RR suit hasn't named the NCAA yet. I suspect they'll try to continue the case to get to a point where they can. The problem is their original claim is missing nearly everything it needs to carry forward. They've shown no actual damages, haven't shown that false statements were made, and haven't shown that the statements were for the intended purpose of hurting RR. I think they're going to have a hard time getting past any of those 3 hurdles and in order to win they'll have to get past all 3 of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'd be stunned if no others are named in an existing suit or a new suit isn't filed. It's their last hope. Personally, I think they're trying to do two things with the suit: 1) bring down the NCAA and 2) tarnish State or State people any way possible.

Probably stating the obvious with that synopsis, but the RR suit hasn't named the NCAA yet. I suspect they'll try to continue the case to get to a point where they can. The problem is their original claim is missing nearly everything it needs to carry forward. They've shown no actual damages, haven't shown that false statements were made, and haven't shown that the statements were for the intended purpose of hurting RR. I think they're going to have a hard time getting past any of those 3 hurdles and in order to win they'll have to get past all 3 of them.
    Trying to take the knees out of the very organization that's holding the ax over your head is a futile attempt.....you're getting your head chopped off any way.

The RR case is flimsy, decrease in store sales will naturally occur when the football team chalks up a 5-6 season with no bowl and proceeds to self impost a bowl ban for the next year. Add in the HC getting canned and recruiting in the shitter and that diminishes energy and enthusiasm from the fan base as a whole and from the specific customer base that purchases your merchandise. There's no record of the defendants publicly defaming or disparaging the business or the owner. There's no verifiable proof of any conspiracy.

This little civil suit is a diversion tactic to the public eye off the mountain of allegations charged against them.

vCash
    DD worked hard on that post... should've just deleted the picture/response.

vCash
    RR is probably a hero in their eyes, its not like non rebel fans have been flocking to the store to buy rebel shit. Their business will probably improve with sympathy purchases. If the role were reversed thats what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Trying to take the knees out of the very organization that's holding the ax over your head is a futile attempt.....you're getting your head chopped off any way.

The RR case is flimsy, decrease in store sales will naturally occur when the football team chalks up a 5-6 season with no bowl and proceeds to self impost a bowl ban for the next year. Add in the HC getting canned and recruiting in the shitter and that diminishes energy and enthusiasm from the fan base as a whole and from the specific customer base that purchases your merchandise. There's no record of the defendants publicly defaming or disparaging the business or the owner. There's no verifiable proof of any conspiracy.

This little civil suit is a diversion tactic to the public eye off the mountain of allegations charged against them.