Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Predictions

vCash
    7-5. Next year is the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstatetakeover View Post
    https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/2...f-predictions/ How do you guys think the season will go?
    7-5. Wins against the 4 OOC opponents. Win against UNM. Win against U.K. And win against Jawja.

vCash
    I see several predicting a loss to A&M, but I really do not think they are going to be that good. If they go down hard to UCLA the opening week, it could get ugly for Sumlin. Some are looking for a reason to fire him. Of course it will be tough at A&M, but I don't see how people are talking about LSU being a toss up and A&M a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If Fitz is invited to NYC 13-1 is more likely our record and potential Banners hung at 2018 opener
    Tebow, RG3, and Lamar Jackson won the Heisman after 9-3 regular seasons. It really depends on how everyone else does, but Fitz definitely could be invited after a 9-3 season. Dak's 2014 season would have gotten him invited in a lot of years, and would have been good enough to win it in 2016.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    7-5. Next year is the year
    Agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agree
    Me too

I say 7-5, with losses to LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, and A&M.

I won't rule out 8-4, bc I'm not 100% sold on LSU with Ogre, Georgia yet, or A&M bc they are poorly coached....so we could slip up and win one of those, but LSU is the only one at home. If A&M was a home game, I'd pick 8-4.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 07-29-2017 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Me too

I say 7-5, with losses to LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, and A&M.

I won't rule out 8-4, bc I'm not 100% sold on LSU with Ogre, Georgia yet, or A&M bc they are poorly coached....so we could slip up and win one of those, but LSU is the only one at home. If A&M was a home game, I'd pick 8-4.
    Georgia is beatable if we can allow Fitz some room and get some down field blocking. They haven't played anyone like him. If our defense plays well, I see a low scoring game. Of course, we will have to score late to win.

vCash
    6-6

Lsu, UGA, auburn, bama, a&m, Arkansas are the losses. (Bump us up one if we beat Arkansas)

Even BYU and especially Kentucky are pretty good. This could be a good Bulldog team withe a mediocre record, I don't think we will get blown out by anyone since the D will be better and the 150# RB off guard is no longer available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    6-6

Lsu, UGA, auburn, bama, a&m, Arkansas are the losses. (Bump us up one if we beat Arkansas)

Even BYU and especially Kentucky are pretty good. This could be a good Bulldog team withe a mediocre record, I don't think we will get blown out by anyone since the D will be better and the 150# RB off guard is no longer available.
    If we don't beat Arkansas, we probably go 5-7 this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If we don't beat Arkansas, we probably go 5-7 this year.
    So you're figuring a loss to Charleston Southern, Louisiana Tech, BYU, Kentucky, UMass, or Ole Miss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I see several predicting a loss to A&M, but I really do not think they are going to be that good. If they go down hard to UCLA the opening week, it could get ugly for Sumlin. Some are looking for a reason to fire him. Of course it will be tough at A&M, but I don't see how people are talking about LSU being a toss up and A&M a loss.
    I agree with this. Why all the A&M love?

vCash
    We lose to Bama, Auburn, and we'll find a way to lose to LSU despite being an abciously better football team on the field all day. Arkansas, A&M, and UGA are toss ups. So I'm seeing 6-6 to 9-3 as the most likely range, so I think we can almost bank on going bowling again and keeping that streak alive. I think we likely get 2 of those 3 and finish 8-4 with a trip to Nashville or Jacksonville on the way.

OL and Fitz have to stay healthy. We have to actually make FGs. Defense will be much, much better IMO.

vCash
    7-5. Defense will be much improved and I too hope like hell we can make field goals. Now, looking ahead to 2018......��

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    So you're figuring a loss to Charleston Southern, Louisiana Tech, BYU, Kentucky, UMass, or Ole Miss?
    This is a game we really really need. I think we're better than Arkansas in most positions this year. If we were to lose to Arkansas in November, then maybe we aren't a very good team.

vCash
    I predict Freeze isn't the TCUN Coach by the egg bowl.

vCash
    12-1. Sugar bowl win. Again tell me why UGA is a loss? Maybe AUB but they have been overhyped with the 2nd coming of Cam since he left. LSU Hmm same QB, Yep. Last year we had no defense, didn't know who our QB would be until late in the season and it took Mullen 10 games to figure out that you don't run smurfs up the middle and our receivers dropping game winning td passes. Oh did I mention no defense last year. If we get passes LSU then 12-1.

vCash
    I just watched the TAMU game. At that point we were 3-5 and 3 of those loses were on last plays. We should have been 6-2 going into that game and 7-2 afterward.

So what about this season.

1- MUCH improved offense. Yes... Vastly improved. Wrs will be improved. QB passing attack improved. No more 165 pound backs running up the middle.

2- Defense.... Speaking of improvements. We ranked 110 in total defense last year... ONE FRIGGIN TEN! I predict a top 30 defense this season.

This is why I'm predicting 2 losses only. I'm also saying that we will have a shot in every game we lose.

Bama at home, I like.... but I'm just not sure MSU can handle that team.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.