Thread: Dakota Hudson

vCash

Dakota Hudson

Just got promoted to AAA Memphis. If he does well there he might get called up in September.

vCash
    He has been killing it all season. Hope he continues his run.

I did read a few weeks ago that he may be better suited long term in a relief role. The author of the article didn't seem to think he could cut it as a starter. I think he's showing otherwise.

vCash
    He hasn't shown anything yet. Tons of successful minor league starters don't cut it as a MLB starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    He hasn't shown anything yet. Tons of successful minor league starters don't cut it as a MLB starter.
    Com'On Mayne! He did not say the young man would win the Cy Young in 2018, he said he got promoted

All bulldog fans should be pumped about this

vCash
    I read an article about a week ago that said that Hudson has really refined his curveball to go along with his cutter. If that's true I could see him as a rotation guy. If it's not the Cardinals need a closer so that's fine too.

vCash
    Pretty sure the most successful cards starter in recent history came up as a closer and closer out their 06 championship before becoming said starter...

This same guy was also involved in one of the dumbest trades in history...karma for Doyle Alexander I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Com'On Mayne! He did not say the young man would win the Cy Young in 2018, he said he got promoted

All bulldog fans should be pumped about this
    No, Todd4State said he'd been promoted. Louisvilledog said he's showing the guy that pegs him as a reliever long term that's he should be a starter long term. It's good to see him get promoted and I hope he has a long career as a starter or a reliever, but there's nothing here showing or proving the evaluator wrong. Just because I'm not making irrational judgments doesn't mean I'm not happy for him and proud of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Pretty sure the most successful cards starter in recent history came up as a closer and closer out their 06 championship before becoming said starter...

This same guy was also involved in one of the dumbest trades in history...karma for Doyle Alexander I guess
    I'm pretty sure that was because the cards staff was stocked and they were trying to limit wainwright's innings, but his talent demanded he get the ball for at least a few high leverage innings in the postseason. He came up projected as a starter through the minors, just the circumstances of 2006 led him to closing at the end of the year.