Thread: Our local media is still pathetic!!!

Banned
    vCash

Our local media is still pathetic!!!

Start with the CL writing the fluff pieces this week. Freeze says God is good; Taco Belly loves his friend and is standing by him; and now Michael Oher fully supports Freeze! Throw in the fact they are running stories that the COI has asked Leo to attend, and then reports that Mullen and others will be involved in the RR case. Then I see on channel 3 this morning they are running the same Oher story!

Wake up people! Freeze is a fraud, he hasn't even attempted to apologize, which some national media have taken note of. OM is a school of corruption and systemic cheating, and the names of the boosters involved are being released today. Where are your journalists and why are they not doing their freaking job and investigating all of this and reporting on it??? !!! What will it take, and will you all ever admit your failures once everything ED, Rosey, and some national media have been reporting on fully comes to light?

Could it be any clearer that you have the hands and leash of the OM elite wrapped so tightly around your necks telling you what to do and what to say every waning minute?! Pathetic idiots!

Damn I feel like organizing a massive protest at the CL!

vCash
    Let them have it. Soon total devestation of the OM program will be the only thing the local media has to report or ignore.

vCash
    The below are Alexa rankings for daily hits coming from U.S. IP addresses. I pulled this from the Jackson Jambalaya comments section in the article about the lawyer who just got a ton of tort money yanked from him due to a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

While the article is interesting, I did found it more interesting that the Clarion Ledger is DEAD LAST in eyes on site daily. I know they are a pay site but that's still pretty sad.

So that begs the question - are they losing subscribers because they are so far in the UM bag it's not funny? Or are they so far in the UM bag because they desperately need whoever they can get in order to stay afloat?

Alexa Traffic Ranking
    Rank in the United States as of July 27, 2017

Ranking calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to the site and pageviews on the site from users in the United States over the past month. Updated daily.

Clarion-Ledger = 17,857
    MSNewsNow = 29,578
    WAPT = 67,556
    Jackson Jambalaya = 69,592
    WJTV = 71,278
    Mississippi Today = 77,614
    Jackson Free Press = 99,407
    Mississippi Business Journal = 115,221
    Primeaux's Better Chancery = 191,881
    MSGOP (RINO) Radio, aka, SuperTalkMS = 242,942
    MPBOnline = 345,808
    Mississippi Litigation Review = 360,555
    Mississippi Gun Owners = 360,683
    Mississippi Mom = 449,550
    Deep South Daily = 601,563
    Y'allPolitics = 661,617
    Randy Wallace = 745,617

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Start with the CL writing the fluff pieces this week. Freeze says God is good; Taco Belly loves his friend and is standing by him; and now Michael Oher fully supports Freeze! Throw in the fact they are running stories that the COI has asked Leo to attend, and then reports that Mullen and others will be involved in the RR case. Then I see on channel 3 this morning they are running the same Oher story!

Wake up people! Freeze is a fraud, he hasn't even attempted to apologize, which some national media have taken note of. OM is a school of corruption and systemic cheating, and the names of the boosters involved are being released today. Where are your journalists and why are they not doing their freaking job and investigating all of this and reporting on it??? !!! What will it take, and will you all ever admit your failures once everything ED, Rosey, and some national media have been reporting on fully comes to light?

Could it be any clearer that you have the hands and leash of the OM elite wrapped so tightly around your necks telling you what to do and what to say every waning minute?! Pathetic idiots!

Damn I feel like organizing a massive protest at the CL!
    We should do like Trump and ban CL from any MSU media events. haha

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    The below are Alexa rankings for daily hits coming from U.S. IP addresses. I pulled this from the Jackson Jambalaya comments section in the article about the lawyer who just got a ton of tort money yanked from him due to a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

While the article is interesting, I did found it more interesting that the Clarion Ledger is DEAD LAST in eyes on site daily. I know they are a pay site but that's still pretty sad.

So that begs the question - are they losing subscribers because they are so far in the UM bag it's not funny? Or are they so far in the UM bag because they desperately need whoever they can get in order to stay afloat?
    I hate the CL and don't get them clicks, but I don't think that number is page views. It's their ranking in the U.S., which makes more sense looking at some of the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I hate the CL and don't get them clicks, but I don't think that number is page views. It's their ranking in the U.S., which makes more sense looking at some of the others.
    This is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post

To be fair, a lot of those site estimating hits are way off. They have this site WAY behind where it actually is. We track it with analytics and have looked at the estimates from those sites. It's not close.

However, if it is accurate, we are WAY, WAY ahead of the Clarion Ledger in hits. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Yep I totally ****ed that up. I read the 'combination of daily visitors' piece and totally missed the fact that these were rankings. I guess I was too quick to try and burn them.