vCash

247 put out a depth chart

LT: Sr. Martinas Rankin/Jr. Tyree Phillips
    LG: So. Daryl Williams/RFR. Dareuan Parker
    C: Jr. Elgton Jenkins/So. Harrison Moon
    RG: Jr. Deion Calhoun/So. Michael Story
    RT: RFR Stewart Reese/RFR Greg Eiland
    QB: Jr. Nick Fitzgerald/Fr. Keytaon Thompson
    RB: Jr. Aeris Williams/So. Alec Murphy/Fr. Kylin Hill/So. Nick Gibson/Jr. Dontavian Lee
    TE: So. Farrod Green/Sr. Jordan Thomas/Jr. Justin Johnson
    WR: Sr. Donald Gray/RFR Reggie Todd/ Jr. Jesse Jackson
    WR: Sr. Gabe Myles/So. Jamal Couch/Fr. Austin Williams and RFR. Osirus Mitchell
    SLOT WR: So. Keith Mixon/So. Deddrick Thomas/RFR Korey Charles

DEFENSE
    DE: Jr. Chauncey Rivers/So. Fletcher Adams/RFR Kobe Jones
    NG: So. Jeffery Simmons/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Lee Autry
    DT: Jr. Cory Thomas/Jr. Braxton Hoyett/Jr. Tre Brown
    OLB: Jr. Gerri Green/Sr. Traver Jung
    MLB: Sr. Dez Harris/RFR Erroll Thompson
    MOLB: So. Leo Lewis/Fr. Willie Gay/So. Tim Washington
    OLB: Jr. Montez Sweat/So. Marquiss Spencer
    SS: Jr. Mark McLaurin/Sr. J.T. Gray/Jr. Jaquarius Landrews
    FS: Jr. Brandon Bryant/Jr. Johnathan Abram/RFR CJ Morgan-Walker
    CB: Sr. Lashard Durr or Jr. Jamal Peters/Jr. Brian Cole
    CB: Sr. Tolando Cleveland/RFR Cam Dantzler/FR. Tyler Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS
    K: Fr. Tucker Day/So. Jordan Lawless/Fr. Daniel Mills
    P: Sr. Logan Cooke/Fr. Tucker Day

vCash
    You know what I love about the defense? A lot of guys who started last year on the 2nd team. That's competition & infusion of talent. Love Reese winning the RT job as well as D Will winning LG. Good sings. Alec Murphy running 2nd team to start probably doesn't hold but that's a good sign he worked his ass off. Probably a reward. This will change a lot but I like so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    You know what I love about the defense? A lot of guys who started last year on the 2nd team. That's competition & infusion of talent. Love Reese winning the RT job as well as D Will winning LG. Good sings. Alec Murphy running 2nd team to start probably doesn't hold but that's a good sign he worked his ass off. Probably a reward. This will change a lot but I like so far.
    Do you think that paves the way for Kylin to be 2nd team?

Banned
    vCash
    I am excited for this year so don't get me wrong but if we can just get some OL/WR/DB/K help for next year we might see 10 wins again with the way that depth chart looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Do you think that paves the way for Kylin to be 2nd team?
    Unless we have an injury, I'll be disappointed if we play Kylin this year. I'd much rather redshirt him than try to get him 20-30 carries this year. Aerie, Gibson, Lee, and Murphy can easily carry the RB load for us.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Interesting one of the DL spots is called DT, I wonder what technique they will play. Could go 4I to try & get Simmons more 1-on-1s, w/ Rivers lining up a wide 5. Is that a product of trying to get Cory Thomas on the field or a signature of Grantham's base D?

That's some serious length at corner. Peters, Dantzler, Cole & Williams all 6'2. Where is Smitherman playing? I know he's mentioned being coached by English but seems like he was made for nickel corner.

vCash
    Murphy at 2nd team RB is pretty shocking to me

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Remember this depth chart is based off of like 30min of practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    don't know how he run's the football,but he looks like a mack truck

vCash
    Has anyone seen our new kickers attempt a Field Goal? or extra point? Man, it would be a game changer to have a kicker who can be counted on from 40 yds and in. Not asking for Morten Andersen, just a decent college kicker

vCash
    Don't read anything into this .. he isn't 2nd or 3rd team.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-27-2017 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Has anyone seen our new kickers attempt a Field Goal? or extra point? Man, it would be a game changer to have a kicker who can be counted on from 40 yds and in. Not asking for Morten Andersen, just a decent college kicker
    We wont know this answer until September. Our kicker has never played in a college football game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Alec Murphy can run.

vCash
    I feel pretty confident that RB is not a position of concern

vCash
    Mullen gonna pull the SR bullshit at corner. Dantzler and Peters are the best 2 and should get as many snaps as possible. If lashard durr and cleveland start over those 2.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    Interesting one of the DL spots is called DT, I wonder what technique they will play. Could go 4I to try & get Simmons more 1-on-1s, w/ Rivers lining up a wide 5. Is that a product of trying to get Cory Thomas on the field or a signature of Grantham's base D?

That's some serious length at corner. Peters, Dantzler, Cole & Williams all 6'2. Where is Smitherman playing? I know he's mentioned being coached by English but seems like he was made for nickel corner.
    Probably gonna play Sweat as more of a stand up DE on Thomas's side. Thats what I would guess. Thats more of a gameplan thing anyway

vCash
    Still don't understand Cleveland getting the nod there. Peters is far and away our best Corner and Dantzler looked really promising in the spring game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I am excited for this year so don't get me wrong but if we can just get some OL/WR/DB/K help for next year we might see 10 wins again with the way that depth chart looks.
    That's what I was thinking too. I'm always excited about the season but NEXT year could be yuge!

vCash
    Some have held he'd be buried on the depth chart because of a dust up he had several years ago, but it's hard to not want to put a 230 lb+ Mac truck on the field. I think he's going to see reps this year. It's dumb to not combo him with Fitz back there given his size.

vCash
    Kobe, Abrams, Fletch, Jung, Dantzler, Peters, Gray, Gay, etc.... coming off the bench? That's sick.