Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I mention???

vCash
    They 'requested' him to go. He isn't obligated from what I understand. If I was his attorney I'd say "17 that".

Banned
    vCash
    And you'll lose eligibility too if you did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    And you'll lose eligibility too if you did that.
    Not sure about eligibility but probably immunity.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Who is they? OM or the NCAA? If the NCAA requested, then he will have to be there. If OM requested, the NCAA still has to approve. Either way, it has to go through the NCAA to be "officially requested".

vCash
    Hell, he should just go. This is just a Hail Mary by Ole Miss that,in all likelihood,will make them look even more desperate and foolish. This is part of their "save Freeze at any cost" approach they cooked up and now cannot abandon, despite the fact Freeze is gone. The NCAA has already rejected their arguments, and the rest is just a formality.
    Keep in mind, in the second paragraph of their response to the NCAA, Ole Miss admitted that the violations continued during the time the NCAA was on campus. That, in my opinion, was the most damning admission of the entire investigation, and I have yet to hear any Ole Miss apologist address it. No matter how much makeup you put on a pig, at the end of the day, it is still a pig. I was very skeptical about whether Ole Miss would be branded with the "Scarlet Letter" (LOIC) until I read that admission. That one sentence in the second paragraph "stood out like a turd in a punch bowl", and after reading it, I knew Ole Miss was done.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 07-27-2017 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Not sure about eligibility but probably immunity.
    You can't offer someone immunity, get their testimony, then revoke it later and punish them for that testimony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Who is they? OM or the NCAA? If the NCAA requested, then he will have to be there. If OM requested, the NCAA still has to approve. Either way, it has to go through the NCAA to be "officially requested".

Supposedly COI wants him there for them to ask some questions, but OM will not be allowed to ask any questions. So if this is the case, then I doubt this was an OM instigated request.

vCash
    Note the dates. Request was made in May by NCAA. OM received their rejection from NCAA last week. They're spinning this like it's a recent request.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    The NCAA wiped their ass with it and mailed it to OM. Can't wait to see you at the COI

vCash
    Not that I'm buying this and I'm sure it would have come out long before now, but if that little rumor from a coach at another school that was recruiting LL that has been around for a while now about LL's recruitment was a NCAA plant and it would be revealed at the COI as fact, my my talk about UNM rueing the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Leo actually doesnt have to go to Indy for this. It can be done by phone or skype

Unless they change their bylaws- OM will not be able to question him at the COI and nothing will be asked about State. This is all about OM.
    And if by chance they do change their bylaws, the precedent set would then open the door for every case going forward to allow for questioning, which they definitely do not want as this is not a court room proceeding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Not that I'm buying this and I'm sure it would have come out long before now, but if that little rumor from a coach at another school that was recruiting LL that has been around for a while now about LL's recruitment was a NCAA plant and it would be revealed at the COI as fact, my my talk about UNM rueing the day.
    Yikes! Can you imagine the blood leaving the faces of everyone on the unm side of the room if that were to happen. I would pay big money to see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    Heard Leo was going to wear his rebel rags clothes into the coi and says here it is. 17 u sh!tbirds. Case closed. And walks out!
    That was awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    "Help us, Rebel Rags, you're our only hope!"

This OM prayer will be answered like all the rest of their trial balloons (investigation over, Nutt did it, Freeze not in the NOA, etc). They won't like the answer.
    Classic, and that's exactly what all their hopes are pinned on now..... poor dumb bastards
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    the NCAA completely rejected the OM response. Completely rejected it.

Dont let their propaganda worry you
    Do we have a source for this? I don't see a news article out.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnodawg View Post
    Do we have a source for this? I don't see a news article out.
    It was posted on some of the OM sites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You can't offer someone immunity, get their testimony, then revoke it later and punish them for that testimony.
    If said immunity is contingent on full and complete cooperation they can if they deem him skipping the COI as not cooperating.