Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small early training camp notes

vCash
    We will be far more aggressive on defense this year. If the tackling has improved we will win a couple of games we shouldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    My expectation is that we will be much better on defense, which is not saying much. We were absolutely terrible last year, especially against Auburn, Alabama, and Arkansas. I agree that we will have a weak OL, which is to be expected. You are probably correct about a 6,7 win season.
    Man, I don't wanna talk OL. I retain some hope that our D will be different this year and perform better. Kickers will get "meddled with" and will become head cases......

What if Sirmon does well at a different school?

Firing Coach Sallach gives me some hope the Cohen effect may eventually influence the OL coach. Here's to hoping.

vCash
    Jenkins has not played one college snap are center- nor did he work there this Spring. There WILL BE an adjustment period for him at that position and it's probably going to take 1/2 a season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    He was in the wingbone in high school. Like his size and hands but hes got a lot to learn
    That means he would make one hell of a QB right?*
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    This is some of the same negative shit that's been weighing in my mind. OL problems will **** us on offense in early games. We may not score 6 points against LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is some of the same negative shit that's been weighing in my mind. OL problems will **** us on offense in early games. We may not score 6 points against LSU.
    This will be the best OL we've had since 2014 by far. 4 of the 5 are SEC caliber players. Reese may be but we havent seen him. Jenkins will be fine he is gonna be playing on sundays after his time here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Jenkins has not played one college snap are center- nor did he work there this Spring. There WILL BE an adjustment period for him at that position and it's probably going to take 1/2 a season
    He did work there this spring just no contact

vCash

Another note on Hill...look for him to be our punt and kick off return man.

Nm

vCash
    Has anybody made a field goal yet ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    He did work there this spring just no contact
    He practiced 3 or 4 times and nothing live. All he did was zone step and snap a few balls- just like he did this summer. Thats not getting work at Center. Snapping the ball and blocking vs just blocking is a huge difference and big deal. Not to mention the Center makes the OL calls.

I love Jenkins and he is a good player. He wont be ready for LSU, Georgia, and Auburn. He will be a much better player the 2nd half of the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Nm
    Don't see Hill being our Punt returner...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd like to see Lee used as a H-Back like we used Nick Griffen along with Aeris in the same backfield. Lee seems to like contact based on his special teams play. He's very athletic and he seems like a guy that can run the ball, catch the ball and block well.
    As of today, Lee is at #2 at RB. Straight from an offensive coach
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash

That came from Mullen...it may or may not happen just repeating what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
    Don't see Hill being our Punt returner...
    Nm

vCash
    If Hill is as good as everyone says he is then we might as well play him because he becomes draft eligible three years out of high school. RSing him would just mean we only get two years out of him.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    All this talk about Hill, Gay, wideouts, and O-Line. And I'm just hoping we can find a skinny white kid who can kick it between those yellow sticks.

Banned
    vCash
    Deleted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    As of today, Lee is at #2 at RB. Straight from an offensive coach
    I think that furthers my point about using him as a H-Back to get our best players on the field and utilize them. I would love to see some sets with both Aeris and Lee in the backfield at the same time.

vCash
    Jenkins has the most experience in the system and he's one of the most athletic and versatile OL I've seen in recent memory. He's really good at getting to the point of attack in the running game. I'm sure communication and knowledge of defenses are his focus through camp.

Am I the only one that thinks wrinkles out of a 2 tight, 2 back set would be fun and complement the stable at both positions. You could have a bigger edge blocking presence, down hill physical rushing presence, add in a few rpo and screens?