Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Godfrey drops second article today and states that LL will be summoned to the COI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    because their program is about to get asshammered. Anything they can get shot down using lawyer BS is worth it.
    Do they really think, even if he did lie through his teeth, he's going to go before the COI and change his story? What's going to happen is he is going to answer questions like he's always done and the bears are going to get flustered and start shouting questions at him and the NCAA mods are going to pull a Negan and shut that shit down.

vCash
    The committee has allegedly told UNM they have read the UNM response and stand on the findings (Enforcement staff's).
    That implies whatever the investigators did to corroborate Leo and Kobe's stories was found sufficient - because the chief of enforcement has stated, they only submit the slam dunk offenses.
    Don't assume he is being invited to a trap, he may be the nail in the proverbial coffin.

vCash
    Like has been said this is a last shot for them, they are boned and they know it. They will do anything I mean anything to try and avoid another year of a bowl ban. If that falls, which I don't think there is any way around that, it's over for them for quite a while. That plus a 40 scholarship reduction over three years wil gut the football program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    because their program is about to get asshammered. Anything they can get shot down using lawyer BS is worth it.
    So the NCAA should hammer the shit out of them so this tactic is not used in the future and it becomes unworth it. They have two important cases coming up that they need to hammer the shit out of the universities who are tied to the investigations. One is this one and the other is the UNC basketball case. Both should damn near get death penalties with the obstination and mockery those two have shown the NCAA. Otherwise IMO the NCAA will become a joke.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Trying this by using the media in the realm of public opinion is going to backfire.
    Yeah, if they don't quit doing stuff like that, eventually someone is gonna get pissed and sue them with a crackshot legal team advised by a counterterrorism expert. Oh wait...

vCash
    Maybe the NCAA learn about some more info and they want to confirm it. Isn't that want Immunity is for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    If LL39 has even semi-competent legal representation, a FERPA suit should be slapped on Northern Miss tomorrow morning. Enough is enough, dammit.
    This, all day long. Why has this question not been answered?

vCash
    Forgive my language, but I'm sick of this ****ing bullshit. Ole Miss, accept this one fact: you are damn busted. You cheated and got caught. Your bible thumping coach is a pathological liar who has wrecked the Ole Miss football program and destroyed his family. Just man-up and take your punishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I don't understand this strategy. Why not just admit you did it and move on. Why do all of this bullshit? Do they think this is going to work? This strategy might result in an extra bowl ban and a steep loss of scholarships. Trying this by using the media in the realm of public opinion is going to backfire. They did it. They aren't getting railroaded. If I was Lewis, I'd go and answer the panel's questions if in fact the COI did ask him to be there. This to me is unprecedented that a university is using these tactics to reduce their possible infractions even though they did them. Freeze has been uncovered to be a big time hypocrite and liar. He was their main witness and he now has been discredited. It's just a whole bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Dumb as hell.
    Because they are (as a lot) shallow and care only about their image.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Given that the Document was dated in May...Ole Miss Received The NCAA Response this week.... and Leo is practicing and is projected starter game 1.... I don't think we should be the least bit worried..... if it was something to be worried about, Bracky would have shut Leo down and self imposed a 2 Year Bowl ban.
    Great point. It's clear to me that either Godfrey or the Ole Miss administration has been sitting on this info until it became clear this week in their response that the NCAA wasn't throwing out the SA #39 charges. With nothing left to lose, it was leaked out there as a final hurrah to try and damage Leo's credibility and indirectly intimidate him before the hearing. What they don't realize is that this is only going to hurt them even worse. The NCAA is likely already pissed that their names are out there. They definitely aren't going to be pleased about actual email correspondence on the investigation being leaked by the university.

vCash
    This sounds like the NCAA patronizing OM. Let's assume Lewis isn't clean on our side and OM knows it - hell, can prove it. No idea if that's true or not, but it doesn't matter because LL and MSU aren't on trial. Any facts outside of how it relates to the case against OM are not relevant and will not be answered even if asked. That's how immunity practically works. LL will be asked to confirm, deny, or change anything he has said to date - that's about it. The only way this ends up badly for Lewis is if he arrives and admits he lied about it all - if that's the case then he deserves whatever is coming to him. Not very likely.

vCash
    Leo and Kobe will probably be invited by the NCAA to do this after the COI announces their ruling
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 07-26-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    If LL39 has even semi-competent legal representation, a FERPA suit should be slapped on Northern Miss tomorrow morning. Enough is enough, dammit.

ETA: **** those Shitbirds!
    Yep
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    OM fans are ignorant pussies. They let their school lie to them and just bend over and ask for more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    This isn't really relevant to the content, but aside from all the other obvious bullshit this is the second article today where Godfrey has referred to a player's "professional career being jeopardized" by an NCAA investigation. Uh newsflash, the NFL doesn't give a crap about any player's history with the NCAA. Dez Bryant was suspended for his entire final collegiate season for lying to the NCAA, and was a first round pick. Cam Newton was the #1 overall pick after his dad admitted to taking money from boosters. Its all just anecdotal, but it also goes to show a very overly dramatic tone being thrown out by a writer with clear Ole Miss ties.
    Or Laremy Tunsil who was suspended about half the 2015 season. Who did he play for again?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Or Laremy Tunsil who was suspended about half the 2015 season. Who did he play for again?
    Haha, touche

Banned
    vCash
    My opinion- Leo and the RR lawsuit will go nowhere and with Kobe and Miller that is all for show and a last ditch effort to intimidate. The reason the COI is requesting LL is the cash payment by John Doe and the exact facts around the when and where and recalling the exact details. And with John Doe being a VIP they may just want to ask him one last time exactly what he believes as the truth happened.

But yeah, OM gets no cross examination, and the NCAA pretty much said their response is shit and we have enough solid evidence to keep eveyrything in there.

I've said this 100 times: Will the Shitbirds ever understand that even if this LL RR portion gets removed, YOU STILL HAVE 14 LEVEL 1 VIOLATIONS THAT HAVE ZERO TO DO WITH MSU!!!!! You are pinning your hopes that you can say one violation was a big conspiracy for th entire investigation and try to take State down in some way or discredit us. Good luck with that, and even if one thing like that is proven against us, which it won't be, we will get very small slap on the wrist compared to the ass rape you are about to endure. Please accept this and move on. ACCOUNTABILITY FORWARD REBELS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Stop using the words summoned and requested interchangeably. Semantics perhaps, but he was requested, not summoned.

I do think he should go though and tell same story again. The NCAA believes him as evidenced by their response to ole miss, and the coi listens to the NCAA.

Mullen should go with him. Not to answer questions but for support. You would be able to cut the tension with a knife. Would pay to watch.
    He has no choice but to go. If he doesn't go then his limited immunity will be pulled and he will quickly be ruled ineligible.

vCash
    So he's a hostile witness in a place that doesn't have the rules of court.
    Bold move Cotton, let's see how it works out for them.
    Why would you do this?

Possible scenarios:
    39 says "I made it all up"

or

39 "Yea, that's not consistent but the details of that weekend are fuzzy"
    NCAA "Why?"
    39 "Alcohol"
    NCAA "How old were you?"
    39 "18"
    NCAA "39, do you have anything to add?" or "we've heard rumors of recruits receiving sexual favors, do you know anything about that?"
    39 "a pretty lady came to my hotel room. said she was student, but she looked late 20s. said her major was 17ing."

vCash

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    The committee has allegedly told UNM they have read the UNM response and stand on the findings (Enforcement staff's).
    That implies whatever the investigators did to corroborate Leo and Kobe's stories was found sufficient - because the chief of enforcement has stated, they only submit the slam dunk offenses.
    Don't assume he is being invited to a trap, he may be the nail in the proverbial coffin.
    dotting i's and crossing t's.

UNM getting worked up for a big nothing burger.